Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meal Delivery services     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Meal Delivery services

So, a chick i'm currently having adult relations with was blabbing on and on about Blue Apron. Pick out what you want, they send it once a week, and you cook the meals. I got my first one in Saturday and have cooked 2 of the meals so far, pretty good. Anyone else try these out?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Been tempted to try it, but I've heard a ton of horror stories; costly, ingredients damaged/spoiled, etc. Curious to see what others think.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Blue Apron isn't so bad for price, it's 60 bucks for a month.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tried and canceled Blue Apron. It's great when they deliver it on time and ingredients are fresh. Had seven delieveries, three of which were spoiled. I'd still recommend it though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have never gotten a bad blue apron delivery, but I live in a city and cook stuff within a few days of arrival.

I generally like these services, but they time estimation on the recipes is just wrong. Multiply by 1.5 at least.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Blue Apron isn't so bad for price, it's 60 bucks for a month.
    Uh, just to let you know before you freak out...its $60 a week. Not month. Check your bank statement like now LOL.

I love blue apron. My gf went from cooking once in a blue moon to cooking at least 3 times a week cause of it. We've had botched deliveries a couple times with missing items and whatnot, but you let them know and they take care of you. My favorite part is just trying new flavors and veggies I'd never even consider if it wasn't curated for me and already purchased, which has worked out great cause some of the least appealing meals from BA have turned out to be some of my new favorite meals/flavors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Basically all my friends that use them on facebook love them. I haven't heard a single complaint as far as quality. That being said I find it really expensive. If you already have a good cooking foundation then skip it. Otherwise you can think of the increased cost as paying partly for the food and partly for a cooking lesson.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I've done Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, and Sun Basket. All were similar, never had any ingredient problems with any of them.

The key is to sign up on a promotion for one of them, get the first one or two shipments (whatever the promo is - usually $30 for the first shipment or $60 for the first two) and then cancel it and start the next promotion. They'll send you emails offering you to sign up again on promotion, keep doing that rotating through them and canceling over and over. We eventually stopped because the meals were too exotic or spicy for my wife (because she was breastfeeding my daughter).

Shit isn't worth $60 a shipment, but it is worth $30.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Wife and I did Blue Apron for a little bit. Had one delivery where we were given some real gross looking pork. It was supposed to be a piece of lion, but it was in 4 separate pieces and was super fatty. Got another one where they completely left the protein out.

I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week and we save money if I just go to the store. Some of the recipes were good, and we saved some, but it wasn't worth the cost or the annoyance of missing ingredients.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Wife and I did Blue Apron for a little bit. Had one delivery where we were given some real gross looking pork. It was supposed to be a piece of lion, but it was in 4 separate pieces and was super fatty. Got another one where they completely left the protein out.

I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week and we save money if I just go to the store. Some of the recipes were good, and we saved some, but it wasn't worth the cost or the annoyance of missing ingredients.
    Don't complain, who among us has had the chance to dine on such a majestic beast?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Only the finest of meats, especially the endangered and protected ones, are allowed to grace my regal lips.

Spoiler: show
    Insert dick joke here.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have tried most of the delivery services.

Blue Apron is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced, deliveries were late.

Hello Fresh is overpriced, website sucks, deliveries were meh.

If you can get groceries delivered. Just do that and plan your meals.

FreshDirect, Peapod, and others will deliver you great shit that you can cook for way less monies.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My money is on Amazon rolling out Fresh pickups with Whole Foods. Being able to go on amazon to do my grocery shopping and just pick it up, WITH A DISCOUNT, after work would sell me completely. I would do this at least twice a week probably.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    My money is on Amazon rolling out Fresh pickups with Whole Foods. Being able to go on amazon to do my grocery shopping and just pick it up, WITH A DISCOUNT, after work would sell me completely. I would do this at least twice a week probably.
    Buddy works pretty high up at WF. This is happening.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Just in time for my wife and I to move out of NYC. RIP

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Uh, just to let you know before you freak out...its $60 a week. Not month. Check your bank statement like now LOL.

I love blue apron. My gf went from cooking once in a blue moon to cooking at least 3 times a week cause of it. We've had botched deliveries a couple times with missing items and whatnot, but you let them know and they take care of you. My favorite part is just trying new flavors and veggies I'd never even consider if it wasn't curated for me and already purchased, which has worked out great cause some of the least appealing meals from BA have turned out to be some of my new favorite meals/flavors.

meh, chump change. i'll live. my hours are all over the place, so having the shit delivered to me is a lifesaver; there are weeks when i dont even make it to a grocery store.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yup that's us too. Thanks to blue apron we've saved tons on delivery food just cause the ingredients were shipped to us. Plus I can't stress how many new flavors and ideas I've been introduced to because of blue apron. I fucking love lemongrass and couscous now lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As already mentioned if it's just delivery well there are lots of grocery delivery options. But yeah if you aren't experienced that much with cooking it can be pretty nice

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bump. Wife and I are thinking of subscribing to one of these services. How do they do with gluten free options? From a quick look it doesn't seem like you can specify on Blue Apron's website and we'd have to do at home substitutions. It's not a big deal to do, it would just be nice to know what we're getting into.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Anyone ever tried Tera’s Kitchen?