+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OOC, what do the Raetic Arrows stack to? Given the mat cost, I'd assume ppl would use it as an unlimited shot thing, but could be worth making IF the synth makes 99x and you sell them off as singles. Since they're quiver-able, I'm assuming it's 99x per synth.. Would be an extra kick in the teeth if it was 12/33. ><

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ambuscade V1: Qiqirns, testing on VE/E.
    • Every time it connects a melee swing vs a player, all qiqirns will level up and heal to full HP.
    • Absorbing the hit with a shadow does not trigger this.
      [**] Getting hit for 0 with Stoneskin up still triggered this.
      [**] If it's busy w/ another move, it will use this and cure/level up immediately after.
      [**] BST Pets getting hit did not trigger this. Be warned that it can do 3k dmg to Patrick with at least one of it's moves, and one of the moves is a hate reset.
    • BLU/blm ES+Subduction in a solid macc set did not land the gravity effect.
      [**] Was still easily able to kite around the arena in movespeed+18%. Range for tp moves appears to be ~25'.
      [**] Appears to have rather high regain as it was able to use a move every time I dipped down to ~20.

Campaign
    BG Level

Looks like this should be possible with a Sleeper, a PUP tank and pet jobs? Among other possible setups (like one similar to the "kiting one" we used for Frog)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Looks like this should be possible with a Sleeper, a PUP tank and pet jobs? Among other possible setups (like one similar to the "kiting one" we used for Frog)
    Just did a couple V1E runs w/ a pet setup (BST BST PUP SMN GEO BLM) and it worked. Had PUP hold the boss {Over there.} while the rest of us killed the add. Took about 10min though with only 1x add, so can't see how VD will be possible w/in 30min w/ 5x adds.. SleepgaII landed fine on the adds in V1N, boss resisted/immune, (didn't catch which resist message popped up,) other BST kept waking them up w/ Tegmina though. ><;; Can someone else confirm that you actually have to kill all the adds to end the fight?

Campaign
    BG Level

I was more thinking of a setup with PUP (tank), PetJobx4 and RDM to sleep, buff, debuff. One or two of the pet jobs can be swapped for COR or a GEO I guess.
    RDM can keep the adds slept and put all sort of debuffs on the main boss, especially distract3 will help at higher levels and Dia3 to speed up the damage.

Not sure how easy/hard it would be to land those debuffs on N+ but I assume it should be easy for a good geared RDM unless the boss has some form of immunity.
    On VD of course it might be a different story but I'd probably go with a different setup for that.
    With the new amounts of HP we have to keep in mind the balance of points gained vs time spent.
    Sometimes doing a lower difficulty multiple times can be more efficient than doing the highest difficulty once, no?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I was more thinking of a setup with PUP (tank), PetJobx4 and RDM to sleep, buff, debuff. One or two of the pet jobs can be swapped for COR or a GEO I guess.
    RDM can keep the adds slept and put all sort of debuffs on the main boss, especially distract3 will help at higher levels and Dia3 to speed up the damage.

Not sure how easy/hard it would be to land those debuffs on N+ but I assume it should be easy for a good geared RDM unless the boss has some form of immunity.
    On VD of course it might be a different story but I'd probably go with a different setup for that.
    With the new amounts of HP we have to keep in mind the balance of points gained vs time spent.
    Sometimes doing a lower difficulty multiple times can be more efficient than doing the highest difficulty once, no?
    Honestly, I didn't notice much difference from geo debuffs, so they may be immune to them. They didn't seem to have insane defense or evasion, though they did seem to have the anti-aoe damage reduction. If they are leveling, then you are doing it wrong, so not sure RDM would be better in the slot than BLM. I had no problems as BLM landing sleep, distract, frazzle, or elemental debuffs, and they didn't appear to resist magic, so a pld good at kiting w/ a self-sc from range (BST|SCH) + BLMs to MB them down might possibly work too.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Ambuscade page is ready for information.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    The Ambuscade page is ready for information.
    Put in the facts that I've found. Not sure I should include any strategy info since I'm sure there has to be a faster method that takes less than ~10min on V1E. :/

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Put in the facts that I've found. Not sure I should include any strategy info since I'm sure there has to be a faster method that takes less than ~10min on V1E. :/
    Thank you.

You have been a nice addition to the boards/wiki.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Thank you.

You have been a nice addition to the boards/wiki.
    I try. lol Figure it's better to share knowledge than hoard it. ^^ Now to find a group willing to experiment w/ a manaburn setup....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They probably decided to allign the description to the same format for all WS? I dunno.

Tbh it makes sense that for H2H the WS description takes into account the offhand hit. It's not like you can "unequip" your offhand weapon, which is the case for jobs who dualwield.
    Maybe it's a hint they're going to make H2H function more like DW going forward and not the awkward in-between of DW and 2H.

Pfffthahahahahahahahaha.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If the Raetic Weapons have a 100% DA rate (and 50 STP for +1s) if it consumes the whole 5% MP, I could some of them being really good zerg weapons, especially in Escha or with a RDM where a tic or two of refresh can get you an extra hit when you're on a job without native MP.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Highly doubt you'll get maxed boosts for losing 8 of your 150 MP on a no-mp job. It's going to be based on the numeric amount of MP drained, not the percentage.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    If the Raetic Weapons have a 100% DA rate (and 50 STP for +1s) if it consumes the whole 5% MP, I could some of them being really good zerg weapons, especially in Escha or with a RDM where a tic or two of refresh can get you an extra hit when you're on a job without native MP.
    Dat Tizona tho.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would tend to expect the MP drained to be based on your current MP(like souleater does for HP), not max. Which, if the multi-hit gains are based on amount of MP drained, would make the potency rapidly diminish as you hit. I also think this would be hard to maintain on any job with a notable MP pool. That's gonna be like 40 MP/hit for drk/run/pld? and more for BLU. Not necessarily impossible, but you'd use a lot of buffs on it.(although, BLU with that Tizona advantage...) The majority of MP recovery methods are per tick, whereas this is per hit cost.

I'm also curious about the mechanics.

-Can the multi hit proc on itself(on hits granted by the effect) like jailer weps? I suppose the wording of the description would imply not. "regular attack" and "follow up attack"
    -Does the extra attack granted also drain MP? If the answer to the above question is yes, then this isn't too bad, but if not, you're losing an extra hit worth of MP for no gains...
    -Does a "regular attack" include the extra hits from DA/TA/QA? that would make for a lot of extra chances to proc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

YouTube link

Quote Originally Posted by GTrans of video description
    From this month one chapter seems to be advantageous. Faces are Ark EV, Celtus, Lilyz II, Yolan Oran, Colmol. Easy, one boss and one accompaniment. The feature of Kikirun here is that if there is support such as sphere effect and roll, it will be stolen and upgraded LV, so I think whether face will be better without entering support system. ※ It will be a serious thing to put in Cornelia which became available in VU ^ ^^ Do you want to use it at all or do not want to use it, do you want to trap and play?
    So, this other guy figured it out. The heal/lvl+ is linked to the buff steal move, but it won't actually trigger if the player/Trust target does not have support job buffs active. He calls out COR Rolls and sphere effects (ie: GEO, non-combat Trusts), odds are good BRD songs count for this too... This could explain why pets worked since the offending buffs are on the players not the pets themselves so they couldn't be drained. Others are saying they tried it w/ the same Trust setup and no lvl+, and another said that unsummoning Cornelia made it stop leveling up for the rest of the fight..

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    but it won't actually trigger if the player/Trust target does not have support job buffs active.
    Re-read this part countless times but I'm not getting it, sorry
    What does he mean for "support-job buffs active"? Like buffs... from your subjob? Or from another job? So if you only have your own self-buffs from main job they won't be stolen?

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re-read this part countless times but I'm not getting it, sorry
    What does he mean for "support-job buffs active"? Like buffs... from your subjob? Or from another job? So if you only have your own self-buffs from main job they won't be stolen?
    Support jobs: SMN, COR, GEO, BRD.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Support jobs: SMN, COR, GEO, BRD.
    Apparently, only Avatar's Favor counts negatively. You can use buff BPs w/o problems, but Favor = aura = bad.

Somewhat random, but I just checked, and auras from equipment do not count.

Campaign
    BG Level

All right thanks, couldn't get the "support-job" part, led me to think about the one capped at 49.
    I blame Nya for using "support-job" instead of "supporter" or "buff-job"! Totally her fault! XD