Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

September 2017 Version Update

So do healer buffs like protect cause it?
    What about aftermath?
    What is the optimal non pet setup?
    5x melee & healer and no haste?

Campaign
    BG Level

Only buffs from BRD, COR, GEO (trusts included) and "Avatar's Favor" from SMN seem to proc it.
    All other buffs from other classes (Haste2 from RDM, Hastega2 from SMN, Mighty Guard diffused from BLU etc) do not seem to proc it.

There might be more stuff that can proc it and we haven't found about it, but for now it's basically just Songs, Rolls, Geomancy and SMN Sphere effect.

Best non pet setup seems to be
    1x Tank
    1x Healer
    1x RDM or BLM
    2x DD
    1x SMN or another DD

If the DDs are BLU then they can self buff themselves aplenty and you won't "need" a RDM (altough RDM can still be nice for debuffing with Dia3 and other stuff).
    If the DDs are gonna be a different class you're pretty much gonna be needing either a RDM or SMN for haste2, to say the least.
    The RDM or BLM slot is mostly for sleeping adds, but if you're doing Easy or Very Easy you won't need that. (only Normal and higher)
    Arguably a SMN could keep them aslept.
    The same can be said for BLU and their Sleeping Flower spell which seems to be working wonders and unresisted, at least on Normal and lower difficulties. (or so some people claimed on FFXIAH forums)

Basically if you wanna go D and higher you won't have a lot of freedom in party setup. If you're doing N or lower there's a plethora of pretty effective combinations with very different jobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    What about aftermath?
    From my experience, only Songs, Rolls, and GEO-type auras count as triggers. Auras from equipment and aftermaths do not trigger it. (Personally tested both.)
    Did a bunch of V1E last night w/ BLU BLU BLU DRK DRK WHM w/ zero triggers. Took about 6.5min including buff time at the start. I was keeping the add slept w/ no problems using BLU (w/ high macc gear and magic focused spellset) dark-based sleeps (Soporific and Dream Flower both were never resisted,) tho Sheep Song resisted the one time I tried it. Since we had 3x BLUs, we were Diffusioning MG, Verve and Flutter. The fight + KI farming + queue took more than 10min total, so didn't even need to reset JAs between fights.

Pretty sure that darn near any setup that excludes GEO/BRD/COR buffs can work. You can bring the jobs, just not the buffs. A DD COR would be safe to bring for instance, or a GEO/whm or GEO/rdm for healing as long as they don't use bubbles, etc. BLU is nice since they can self-buff, but a RDM could just as easily handle buffing everyone.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ambuscade Vol 1 info is updated on the wiki.

Vol 2 is empty.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Ambuscade Vol 1 info is updated on the wiki.

Vol 2 is empty.
    I don't wanna do Vol 2 tho... T_T Someone on AH said that if you have a player on each foot, it takes normal damage tho I don't really want to test it given how straightforward ratmen are now that we know the anti-support mechanic.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I don't wanna do Vol 2 tho... T_T Someone on AH said that if you have a player on each foot, it takes normal damage tho I don't really want to test it given how straightforward ratmen are now that we know the anti-support mechanic.
    Just put in what people say with a {{verification}} tag on it.

I recall reading it casts waterga III on the ground and I think firaga III while in the air for a minute.

Sure there is something about getting him out of the air too, and Escha Zi'Tah #2 for dragons.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As an FYI for those working on the Smithing shield, the below three items are misnamed which will cause mass confusion if anyone gets that far before they fix them (on bg wiki they are named correctly with notes on each page saying what it currently is in game):

Sanukite: Smith. (Sanukite slab: smithing) is currently named D. Frame: Smith. (duralumin frame: smithing)

D. Frame: Smith. (Duralumin frame: smithing)
    is currently named G. Emblem: Smith. (guild emblem: smithing)

G. Emblem: Smith. (Guild emblem: smithing)
    is currently named A. Screw: Gold. (adamantite screw: goldsmithing)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Just put in what people say with a {{verification}} tag on it.

I recall reading it casts waterga III on the ground and I think firaga III while in the air for a minute.

Sure there is something about getting him out of the air too, and Escha Zi'Tah #2 for dragons.
    I was getting Aeroga III in the air.

Can't speak for all physical dmg but my ranged was doing decently less when it was on the ground and decently more when in the air. Say about +/- 50% or so. Had tons of hp so VD was actually taking longer than V1E and for less points. Did standard flying wyrm moves. Not sure if there is a way to force it down probably just a timer and does touchdown when it does. Fairly non dangerous but meh

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    What about aftermath?
    Did it on D with 2x blu, pld, whm, rdm, war. The aftermath didn't trigger it, the rdm was able to sleep the adds fairly easy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I check out patch notes occasionally, but haven't really played in like 1.5 years. Who was the new trust that was voted in? Don't see it mentioned or their cipher in the new items.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I check out patch notes occasionally, but haven't really played in like 1.5 years. Who was the new trust that was voted in? Don't see it mentioned or their cipher in the new items.
    Cornelia, the Bastok President's daughter. Max aura values are: Haste+20% acc/macc/racc+30

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Was just able to consistently sleep all adds with Dream Flower on D with a good macc set. Full resist on VD. T_T

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Git Gud scrub

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So i am not subscribed this month which means Vanadiel day had to be soemthing awesome! please tell me what it was so i can be dissapointed!

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So i am not subscribed this month which means Vanadiel day had to be soemthing awesome! please tell me what it was so i can be dissapointed!
    They gave out moon balls and shattered the tele crystals.