+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Literally zero trainers are worse than Ash. You just need to be a main character and embody all the tropes of one. Then your starter can ignore type disadvantages and win with nothing but the power of friendship because coming up with compelling reasons why the main character should win is hard and might actually involve development of that character...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Literally zero trainers are worse than Ash. You just need to be a main character and embody all the tropes of one. Then your starter can ignore type disadvantages and win with nothing but the power of friendship because coming up with compelling reasons why the main character should win is hard and might actually involve development of that character...
    You can exclude a lot of the XY anime from this trope. He was actually smart there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    This is happening because Ash has a Rockruff that he needs to be special and evolve into a diffrant kind of more special grownup Rockruff than all the other Alolan trainer's' Rockruffs so he can place 4th in their tournament that doesn't exist and move on to the Gen 8 region and Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaain!
    Too much water.

4.5/7

So yeah, I guess a perfect score.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/

Nintendo of Europe‏Compte certifié
    @NintendoEurope
    Suivre
    Plus
    On 22/09, shiny packaged versions of #Pokemon Gold and Pokémon Silver containing a download code will be released in shops.

BG Level

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

the world is definitely different as the first and third islands have changed places... hmmmm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    the world is definitely different as the first and third islands have changed places... hmmmm.
    I was wondering if this was going to be an "Emerald" version, or a B2/W2.

With the MC's having their design changed as well, looks more like a B2/W2 but with spacial distortions.

And they couldn't have even made it a HG/SS download? Come on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

People were wanting the original Silver/Gold/Crystal (eventually). While HG/SS was good, it just makes sense to complete the classic line at this point lol. I've always seen US/UM as a Platinum version in a way.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow at the ring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So when Ryuki is shown in the trailer... that seems to be a remake of Lt. Surge's gym...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So far I have no interest in this. I don't really like how they repackage the new game they just made and sell it again. Yeah it makes bank for them and it's smart I guess but does anyone who isn't a die-hard fan actually go for this stuff?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So when Ryuki is shown in the trailer... that seems to be a remake of Lt. Surge's gym...

Thats a little bit of a stretch.

1. It also looks a little futuristic and could easily be an Aether Foundation building.
    2. Black Belts normally deal with fighting/rock pokemon. Why would they be in an electric gym?
    3. I also can't find that far left blonde ponytail in any of the trainer artwork for FR/LG or HG/SS. The closest it comes to in Gen VII is the female Golfer, which also doesn't regularly use electric pokes. Beauties from Unova did use electric types, but thats been the only instance. They generally stick to dark/fairy/normal since.

I think a Kanto return is inevitable at some point during this or next gen, but I don't think that is Lt. Surge's gym.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    So far I have no interest in this. I don't really like how they repackage the new game they just made and sell it again. Yeah it makes bank for them and it's smart I guess but does anyone who isn't a die-hard fan actually go for this stuff?
    I'm not really interested either, but that might be more related to already having a living dex and not really caring about the competitive parts of this game. New forms and z-moves just don't really do much for me, and a new story I guess? Meh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm going to wager that this is the most likely title to interact with whatever the Switch gets next year.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Thats a little bit of a stretch.

1. It also looks a little futuristic and could easily be an Aether Foundation building.
    2. Black Belts normally deal with fighting/rock pokemon. Why would they be in an electric gym?
    3. I also can't find that far left blonde ponytail in any of the trainer artwork for FR/LG or HG/SS. The closest it comes to in Gen VII is the female Golfer, which also doesn't regularly use electric pokes. Beauties from Unova did use electric types, but thats been the only instance. They generally stick to dark/fairy/normal since.

I think a Kanto return is inevitable at some point during this or next gen, but I don't think that is Lt. Surge's gym.
    It doesn't need to be an electric gym, in fact it likely is a dragon gym if Ryuki is the leader (he was a dragon trainer that fights you if you are champion in S/M) but the design seems to be a reference to Lt. Surge's gym.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As someone who didn't play Gen 5, did BW2 add new Pokémon or new mechanics or was it just a half a game update using the BW world?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just Black/White Kyurem forms. Other things the games added was like 3ish new towns, a few new gyms and leaders and a different Gym ordering. The starting area from the first games is actually one of the higher leveled areas in BW2. There's also Join avenue and a new original story since the games take place 3(?) years after the events of BW. There was also more endgame than BW that only really had the battle subway and something else I'm forgetting now. I personally enjoyed BW2 more than BW but that's just me.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That sounds close to what I imagine US/UM is going to be then. It seems the first half of a generation never has a lot of End Game; compare XY to ORAS and SM doesn't already have a lot of End Game besides catching the UBs and the Battle Tree.

But at least ORAS brought a lot of old Pokemon into the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Speaking of old pokemon, I'll be really annoyed if the new games still don't have a national dex...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast