+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...87257268355072

The #PokemonUltraSunMoon Veteran Trainer’s Dual Pack will be available Nov. 17th. It includes both games, 16 art cards, and more!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Details

Spoiler: show

During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo revealed a Pokémon-themed New Nintendo 2DS XL system, more details for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon and a special Celebi distribution.

During the presentation, it was revealed that the mysterious Pokémon shown on the packages of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are in fact Necrozma. After taking over the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo in Pokémon Ultra Sun or the Legendary Pokémon Lunala in Pokémon Ultra Moon, Necrozma becomes Dusk Mane Necrozma or Dawn Wings Necrozma! Dusk Mane Necrozma can use Solgaleo’s signature move Sunsteel Strike and Dawn Wings Necrozma can use Lunala’s signature move Moongeist Beam. Alongside these new forms of Necrozma, two new Ultra Beasts, UB Assembly and UB Burst, were also shown. Details about these mysterious beings will be unveiled later.

Fans who purchase either game before January 10, 2018 will receive the in-game special early purchase gift Rockruff that can evolve into the new Dusk Form Lycanroc will know different moves depending on which version of the game you buy. In Pokémon Ultra Sun, it will know the move Fire Fang, while in Pokémon Ultra Moon, it will know the move Thunder Fang. The special Rockruff will be distributed holding a Focus Band and will also know the move Happy Hour which will allow you to receive twice as much prize money after battle. An exclusive Z-Move for Lycanroc was also revealed—Splintered Stormshards. This new Rock-type Z-Move can remove various effects from a terrain, and can be used by having a Lycanroc learn the move Stone Edge and then having it hold the special Z-Crystal Lycanium Z. All three Lycanroc, Midday Form, Midnight Form and Dusk Form, can use Splintered Stormshards.

On September 22, the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console titles Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version will be released worldwide on Nintendo eShop. Fans who purchase either of the games will receive a special code which will grant them the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in the Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon video games. Special themes for each game will also be available for fans who purchase Pokémon Gold Version or Pokémon Silver Version by January 15.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Looks like they are throwing a lot of old-gen (namely Gen 2 and Gen 3) pokemon into this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Having the old friends back kind of negates the whole B2W2 thought. Sounds like this really is just a "director's cut" type imaging for SM.

Kinda bummed about the Gen 2/3 pokemon, but I guess it makes sense with the re-release of GS. Was hoping for DP remake hints...but those may now be saved to go with the Switch game next year.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was also hoping that a proper Ulola League be established after the events of the first game, with Ultra taking place a few years later and players having to tackle fresh Gyms/E4.
    Kinda bummed. But, I'm not sure this is just a "director's cut" of the first game, it seems this still occurs after the events of S/M. There's definitely some new plot, and (e.g.) Lillie's already sporting her new "look".

Absence of Gen 4 mons is noted, but Larvesta and Zorua were also thrown into those clips.
    Surfing looks neat. I hope there are decent rewards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    I was also hoping that a proper Ulola League be established after the events of the first game, with Ultra taking place a few years later and players having to tackle fresh Gyms/E4.
    Kinda bummed. But, I'm not sure this is just a "director's cut" of the first game, it seems this still occurs after the events of S/M. There's definitely some new plot, and (e.g.) Lillie's already sporting her new "look".
    Could that be more of a replacement of SM events, or a continuation? Lillie may have a new look, but it did show Island Challenges again which kind of fly in the face of gyms.

Unless, of course, Island Challenges just become the HM Cut bottlenecks needed to progress the story but the gyms are their standard role in the game.

Or could we get really crazy and carry on the multi dimension story after Episode Delta, with SM being in the regular timeline up until XY and then USUM carries on in the same world as ORAS?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Surfing looks neat. I hope there are decent rewards.
    If I had to guess, it'll probably be a throwback to the Pikachu surfing mini game in Pokémon Yellow. A fun distraction but nothing gained

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Whoops, doubled down

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.egmnow.com/all/pokemons-l...inally-ending/

Last games on the 3DS

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Yeah, that was pretty obviously the case. S&M clearly pushed the 3DS as far as it could possibly go.

I'm just baffled and annoyed that USUM weren't released on the Switch as well. What happened to all the Pokemon sprite future proofing and all the Pokemon having overworld models? Sadness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty obviously the case. S&M clearly pushed the 3DS as far as it could possibly go.

I'm just baffled and annoyed that USUM weren't released on the Switch as well. What happened to all the Pokemon sprite future proofing and all the Pokemon having overworld models? Sadness.
    Probably done as test work because even though TPC probably got Switch dev kits before a lot of other devs, they were probably knee deep into the development and didn't want to turn back.

Hey, if it means we avoid the technical pitfalls that X/Y had on 3DS in that transition then thats all fine by me.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I kinda want to get one of these, but I told myself long ago I wouldn't play a handheld game without my shiny Arcanine, and that's currently sitting in... Diamond/Pearl I think? Is it SOL or can I drag it all the way forward somehow? My brother has most of the games so chain trading would be possible for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

D/P -> B2/W2 -> Pokebank -> S/M?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Probably done as test work because even though TPC probably got Switch dev kits before a lot of other devs, they were probably knee deep into the development and didn't want to turn back.

Hey, if it means we avoid the technical pitfalls that X/Y had on 3DS in that transition then thats all fine by me.
    Except TPC expected the Switch to fail.

EDIT:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Except TPC expected the Switch to fail.
    True, but if you're doing due diligence for your main employer's new product you still put in some work to figure it out in the case it does.

Would have been very shortsighted if they thought that, did nothing in regards to learning the switch, and then have to start at zero when Nintendo says "we want to do a mainline Pokemon game on the switch by EOY 2018".

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I kinda want to get one of these, but I told myself long ago I wouldn't play a handheld game without my shiny Arcanine, and that's currently sitting in... Diamond/Pearl I think? Is it SOL or can I drag it all the way forward somehow? My brother has most of the games so chain trading would be possible for me.
    Requires 2 3DS but you can transfer anything from Gen 3 forward to the current games. As Kirin said. Transfer D/P pokemon to Black/White/BW2 and then download the poke transfer app and pokemon bank and get a subcription if you don't already have one.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    D/P -> B2/W2 -> Pokebank -> S/M?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Requires 2 3DS but you can transfer anything from Gen 3 forward to the current games. As Kirin said. Transfer D/P pokemon to Black/White/BW2 and then download the poke transfer app and pokemon bank and get a subcription if you don't already have one.
    Oh, not as convoluted as I thought it would be. Thanks guys.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Giovanni Returns! Also, fight all the other big bads, and capture all non-mythical legendaries.
    Bonus: cool gen 1 music remixes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Obviously, can find all of the leaks etc online, but I just love how this one came out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast