Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Makes sense. People have always noted how some items tend to almost always break even when you lower rates and hardly any of the other materials do

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So started testing T0 +HQ stuff. Super duper preliminary results so don't go too crazy but with +4 HQ rate

1k synths
    Breaks- 44 ~ 4.4%
    NQ- 932
    HQ- 24 ~2.4% of total 2.575% of successes. So yeah definite improvement but already seems doubtful the ~1% per +1 is holding out here.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What recipe are you using?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same one I did for the no gear thing bone hairpin

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok did another 3k T0 bone hairpin +4 HQ rate

Totals are now

4k synths
    Breaks- 180 ~ 4.5%
    NQ- 3720
    HQ- 100 ~2.5% of total 2.68% of successes.

Compared to base with no +HQ

4k synths
    Breaks- 208 ~ 5.2%
    NQ- 3715
    HQ- 77 ~1.925% of total 2.073% of successes.

Think it's pretty safe to say we aint bumping T0 to T1 rates but still a decent increase

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's depressing. Did you have advanced support while you performed these tests?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No support though shouldn't make a difference. Don't think we've ever displayed a difference between tiers and besides that would've made testing waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more difficult/focus intensive.

Honestly was a bit of a high hope to expecting +1-2 to double the rate lol. As is though full +10 should about double rate

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The craft addon I wrote actually does auto support. I might do 4k worth of testing to see if it makes some difference for T0 (it seems like it reduces failure to me but idk.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah you are thinking it has an effect on failure rate independent of skill? Maybe. Could do it at any tier really though as long as you above the cap base success rate is 95%. SE even confirmed that is the cap equipment and food can take you to 99%... which we've kind of known for a long time lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ok did another 3k T0 bone hairpin +4 HQ rate

Totals are now

4k synths
    Breaks- 180 ~ 4.5%
    NQ- 3720
    HQ- 100 ~2.5% of total 2.68% of successes.

Compared to base with no +HQ

4k synths
    Breaks- 208 ~ 5.2%
    NQ- 3715
    HQ- 77 ~1.925% of total 2.073% of successes.

Think it's pretty safe to say we aint bumping T0 to T1 rates but still a decent increase
    Could it be a numeric increase with a base 512?
    10/512 v 14/512
    ~1.953% v ~2.73%

EDIT: had a 2nd thought about HQ rate. It could be a nudge as Geomancy+/all songs+
    under that assumption, 10/512+(4x10)%=14/512 which would still best fit the static +4/512 of a static increase but would mean a still noticeable increase at higher than T0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe... think we'd need a bigger sample to tell for sure but I'm almost out of crystals and bored with all this crafting lol. Gets a pretty good idea of approximate increases though

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ah you are thinking it has an effect on failure rate independent of skill? Maybe. Could do it at any tier really though as long as you above the cap base success rate is 95%. SE even confirmed that is the cap equipment and food can take you to 99%... which we've kind of known for a long time lol
    I'm hoping there's some strange unintended interference caused by failure, although I do doubt that there is. They oversold the crafting update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if just wanted to lower failure rate while still using rusks ionis + ring should be sufficient and easier to maintain long term though again sample size and I think I'm done with rates right now though might consider material loss rates... but that would be much easier with shield

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Has anybody seen testing on T2/T3 with the new rates? The testing in this thread indicates that the boost is still relative to the tier in some way. It could explain how some HQ cursed items are appearing in large numbers on some servers because having the shield means T1 -> T2 might be the best path for getting those items using the enchantment.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I'm pretty bored in real life, thinking of making a crafting comeback. Random questions below...

What are the list of the +skill items now? I've been reading wikis, lemme know if I missed anything.

+Skill gear/buffs:
    Weapon (cooking only, hocho).
    Shield +2 (ignore the +3 from Mog Bonanza)
    Torque +2
    2 different +1 guild point items
    +5 for the 15k synergy stall item
    +3 synth support

This means every craft has at least +14, right? And Cooking has another +3 from hocho?

+Skillups
    They changed it so you can get skillups off recipes that are a lower level than you, right? Up to 11 levels?
    This means I can hit 110 off a level 99 recipe?
    Does the skillup rate go down further away from the recipe level? In other words, is it harder to skillup at 109 off a level 95 recipe than it is at 99?

HQ
    Coconut Rusk adds HQ
    Craftmaster's Ring +1
    Orvali Ring +1
    Shield again (plus enchantment)

Man a lot has changed since 2013.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes on skill items. Yes on skillups. Not sure any testing was done on rate and gaps but I didn't notice much and honestly there is usually such a huge difference in availability and cost of items higher up fuck it do whatever is easiest lol.

and yes on the HQ stuff though the other rusks do as well just not as much and orvali nq adds as much as hq.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

derp. need coffee. @_@;;

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Recently returned to the game, am working on the alchemy shield, and I think I may be too literal here, but I'm confused with rusks because it feels like a double negative to me. "Synthesis failure rate -6%" If you decrease failure rate, does that then increase your success rate? If your failure rate is 5% based on a single craft 95% success rate 5%-6%= -1% would then bring you to capped 99% / 1% break rate? So is Coconut Rusk actually success rate +6% and HQ+3? If so, why would kitron be used on any single craft synths where the HQ is desirable?

Odds are I'm overthinking this and it's break rate +6% with the offset of HQ+3...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Recently returned to the game, am working on the alchemy shield, and I think I may be too literal here, but I'm confused with rusks because it feels like a double negative to me. "Synthesis failure rate -6%" If you decrease failure rate, does that then increase your success rate? If your failure rate is 5% based on a single craft 95% success rate 5%-6%= -1% would then bring you to capped 99% / 1% break rate? So is Coconut Rusk actually success rate +6% and HQ+3? If so, why would kitron be used on any single craft synths where the HQ is desirable?

Odds are I'm overthinking this and it's break rate +6% with the offset of HQ+3...
    What that means is basically "Material loss rate -6%". ^^;; I personally wouldn't be surprised that it's not actually a mere translation failure and it does something not quite the same, like reduce the rate of "critical failures" where you lose everything, but regardless of the mechanics in this case, Rusks make you HQ more and lose fewer mats on breaks.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    What that means is basically "Material loss rate -6%". ^^;; I personally wouldn't be surprised that it's not actually a mere translation failure and it does something not quite the same, like reduce the rate of "critical failures" where you lose everything, but regardless of the mechanics in this case, Rusks make you HQ more and lose fewer mats on breaks.
    That makes a lot more sense, thank you.