+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Left Alive (PC/PS4) - March 5, 2019

Apparently SE has been working on a secret project with a new team consisting of the makers of Armored Core and the Metal Gear series.

Not much is known about the project but it's suppose to be a Tactical Survival Shooter.

SE is keeping it hush, hush until the big revel at TGS. But they did say it will be a world wide release. SE gave out a sneak peak today.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

SE has announced the game at TGS.

Left Alive will be like Metal Gear (in third person) but set in the Front Mission universe. The game will take place in a Russian town, and the events are set between Front Mission 5 and Front Mission Evolved.

There are three protagonists, which you may have inferred from the first piece of promo art. We now also know that you’ll be able to play as each one of them throughout the game’s story.

The mechs are called Wanzers, and you’ll mostly be fighting against them. You can, however, take them a way from enemies and command them yourself. There’s a crafting component in Left Alive. From the Famitsu preview, it sounds like the game will have a typical open-world setting.

Each of the three protagonists are said to be working for their own gains, and depending on the path you take in the campaign, you’ll get variations on the main ending.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/left-aliv...-front-mission

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Will be SE's next "AAA" brand, Marketed towards Hardcore Gamers
    http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ne...8q2outline.pdf

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caps & Details
    Spoiler: show

First of all, the game is most definitely not just a “boots on the ground” shooter, there will be plenty of sections in which one of the three protagonists will ride one of Front Mission‘s iconic Wanzer mechas (stolen from the armored forces that have invaded the city that serves as the setting of the game) in pitched robot battles.

Interestingly, players will often be able to choose whether they want to face the soldiers guarding the wanzer or take another approach on foot.

Foot combat is very tactical, with limited resources (the three protagonists found themselves in the middle of a war all of a sudden), and the necessity to play it smart and tactically, using traps, improvised weapons, and crafting to fight against enemies that often outgun you considerably.

Choice plays a large role in the game, part of which revolves around rescuing civilians trapped in the city. All of them have their own motives and backstory, and often it’ll take quite a lot of convincing to get them to follow you. You can also decide to abandon them to their doom if you can’t convince them, or even if you just decide that you don’t care.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/left-al...shots-details/

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ooo, nice to get dialed back in on this. Ioved the front mission series, really wish we had gotten more of them but that's from a other time with different release policies. Sigh... anyway, definitely interested in this goin forward!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It makes me happy that Armored Core is living on through other games, even if they don't want to fucking commit and make a Godly version of 4 Answer on PC with uncapped framerates and 20vs20 combat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

March 2019

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just replayed through Front Mission 3 and 4, debating if I should put effort into the Front Mission 5 fan project/English translation or not. This is day 1 for me. I like that Left Alive will have 'out of wazner' action which should give a new feel on the series/world. Everything looks engaging so far so I don't think we're getting another Front Mission Evolved disappointment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix showcases more gameplay styles and strategies that players can utilize in and out of battle in the upcoming survival action shooter Left Alive.

As demonstrated in the latest trailer, titled “Find a Way to Survive,” Left Alive encourages players to rely on their basic instincts to forge their own paths to survival by utilizing stealth mechanics, crafting, traps and more. The dark, gritty setting of Left Alive also poses challenges to players as they weigh the potential outcomes of their interactions with other survivors, which can help or hinder each other's chances for survival.

Left Alive follows three different protagonists, each with their own stories, missions and potential paths to salvation. The game features a variety of action-packed play styles for players, blending strategic stealth maneuvers with frenetic gun battles and adrenaline-fueled encounters with powerfully armed troops, armored vehicles and towering mechs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

excitement lvl up!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Every inch of Novo Slava is a dangerous war zone, can you survive? Watch the new trailer to get a glimpse of the Garmoniyan invasion of Novo Slava.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix today revealed a brand-new video showcasing new gameplay from the upcoming survival action shooter Left Alive. Alongside new gameplay and story for the upcoming release, game director Toshifumi Nabeshima offers his commentary throughout, providing more detail about the various skills and tactics players must use to achieve victory against the odds.

Within this exciting new gameplay video, Nabeshima details the core gameplay mechanics that players will have to utilise to find success against overwhelming enemy forces. Whilst some challenging encounters in-game may appear impossible upon first attempt, players can uncover alternate routes, craft useful traps and weapons, or even turn enemy weaponry against them in order to save civilians trapped on the battlefield and uncover the truth behind the game’s mysteries.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

/sadface I'm still really looking forward to this but I will say watching the video I felt some game aspects looked a little rough

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This game is... something. It feels and plays like a bit of a clunky Metal Gear Solid. While it touts itself as "play your way", stealth (of the "stay the fuck away, everything is basically death" variety and not the "Deus Ex / Batman" variety) is the name of the game. Throw cans and move on. There's some vaguely interesting systems at play but a lot of it just feels unwieldy.

For what it's worth I think the first chapter is a horrendous introduction. Autosaves are very infrequent and puzzling to begin with alongside manual saves. Enemy AI is hilariously stupid except when they're on high alert (laser pointers are looking around) in which case they'll see your goddamn pinky toe if you dare expose yourself. Second chapter is a little more free but mechs and insurmountable walls still sort of funnel you into set-ish paths.

Enemies themselves are fairly durable and there is no CQC or silent takedown ala MGS. Enemies in general have the attention span of goldfish and pretty laughable "search mode" AI. In one case I threw 4 molotovs at a group of dudes and every time they just forgot they were on fire and returned to default position after 10 seconds or so (aside: 4 molotovs didn't kill a single dude). In another instance I was shooting down sentry drones left and right and nobody really ever came to investigate my shots (they'll scan around with their laser sight if within earshot but they give up fast if they're not on alert). Meanwhile they all think an empty can is the most interesting shit in the world and will all come investigate that with steadfast dedication.

If you can single out an enemy you can melee them to death from behind but melee weapons eventually get to "broken" status where they still inflict stun but stop dealing damage.

Speaking of, let's just call it what is: this is basically a poor man's MGS5/Survive. I really want to give it a fair shake but I regret jumping the gun on this just because I was hungry for Front Mission even tangentially.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Buy it 50% off. Got it, thanks.