Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only to the zone bosses (which were only adjusted in darkness magic resist), and not to the mid-bosses, which also have the bubble nerf. The reduction seems to be the same reduction active in some of the Master Trials.

You can even eyeball the fact that a reduction exists (even if not the exact amount), when BoG Idris Frailty doesn't even come close to doubling your physical damage against the statues.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There was testing done on it back when Dyna Sandy-D came out, after people noticed that Frailty wasn't doing nearly as much as it should.
    This includes red eye NMs too? Link to the testing? I can add it to the wiki then.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Only to the zone bosses (which were only adjusted in darkness magic resist), and not to the mid-bosses, which also have the bubble nerf. The reduction seems to be the same reduction active in some of the Master Trials.

You can even eyeball the fact that a reduction exists (even if not the exact amount), when BoG Idris Frailty doesn't even come close to doubling your physical damage against the statues.
    I think it wouldn't necessarily double physical damage even if bubbles were full strength if statues have 9999+ defense tho. Never been super clear on how negative pDIFs work out in practice. ^^;;

Since >something< was adjusted, it makes sense to double check any possible collateral changes that might have happened too. Doesn't seem all that hard to test def down effects (for anyone doing the content regularly, unlike myself. lol)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    This includes red eye NMs too? Link to the testing? I can add it to the wiki then.
    Testing was somewhere on ffxiah around the time of dyna sandy, not in the mood to seek it out atm.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Testing was somewhere on ffxiah around the time of dyna sandy, not in the mood to seek it out atm.
    I can find it then.

Shame that people just let this shit get buried.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

JP site was updated again today.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Updated excel here:

>>> 3-31-18 LINK HERE <<<

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I can find it then.

Shame that people just let this shit get buried.
    There IS a note on the gobbie boss in Jeuno [D] that geomancy effects are reduced by 75%.

If I'm slacking on updates, give me a poke here or in-game. Even just a bump for this thread will probably get my attention. ^^;;;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've noticed that none of their lists have noted that all statues have incredibly high breath damage reduction. I would say -90% or more

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    There IS a note on the gobbie boss in Jeuno [D] that geomancy effects are reduced by 75%.

If I'm slacking on updates, give me a poke here or in-game. Even just a bump for this thread will probably get my attention. ^^;;;
    You are doing fine, I just was checking because of Dyna Jeuno, and noticed an update happened that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    I've noticed that none of their lists have noted that all statues have incredibly high breath damage reduction. I would say -90% or more
    Not that people really use breath damage is probably why they haven't listed it. Also why I leave them as "?" on pages.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You are doing fine, I just was checking because of Dyna Jeuno, and noticed an update happened that day.

Not that people really use breath damage is probably why they haven't listed it. Also why I leave them as "?" on pages.
    Conflag Strike is a commonly used breath damage move so that's wrong. It's very valuable for the strong burn it inflicts, but not worth using when breath damage reduction is that high. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what takes reduces breath damage so having it listed would be helpful

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Conflag Strike is a commonly used breath damage move so that's wrong. It's very valuable for the strong burn it inflicts, but not worth using when breath damage reduction is that high. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what takes reduces breath damage so having it listed would be helpful
    Sure valuable for a rare application of it before using another move. Not a big deal. Sure I was wrong, but no one really uses breaths. Gladly list it if we had the info though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

"No one really uses breath" Conflag strike is a breath move, and any good SMN uses it often, so that's still wrong sorry. SMN is still "someone" (a lot of people, actually) regardless of your opinion about that job. It's a good bloodpact. If I was talking about BLU's Heat Breath or something then sure, not relevant, but Conflag Strike is very relevant in 2018.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

As probable clarification based on context... Expand "No one" to "No one testing and reporting test results to the JP site we are getting this data from". If anyone on our side wants to test these things, document test results, update wiki pages, etc, please do. XD If I had a strong grasp on testing methods and formulas, I'd be doing this stuff in my spare time, but I don't so I don't.

...but Conflag Strike is very relevant in 2017.
    <_<? Check yer calendar. Buy a new one if it doesn't say "2018".
    EDIT: And corrected already by the time I'm done typing. XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    As probable clarification based on context... Expand "No one" to "No one testing and reporting test results to the JP site we are getting this data from". If anyone on our side wants to test these things, document test results, update wiki pages, etc, please do. XD If I had a strong grasp on testing methods and formulas, I'd be doing this stuff in my spare time, but I don't so I don't.

<_<? Check yer calendar. Buy a new one if it doesn't say "2018".
    EDIT: And corrected already by the time I'm done typing. XD
    lol it's called a typo, 7 is right next to 8 on the keyboard

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"No one really uses breath" Conflag strike is a breath move, and any good SMN uses it often, so that's still wrong sorry. SMN is still "someone" (a lot of people, actually) regardless of your opinion about that job. It's a good bloodpact. If I was talking about BLU's Heat Breath or something then sure, not relevant, but Conflag Strike is very relevant in 2018.
    Kewl, but I don't feel like doing the Dasva thing over it, 2017 or otherwise.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Kewl, but I don't feel like doing the Dasva thing over it, 2017 or otherwise.
    Why not just admit you were wrong then and it would end immediately and you'd never hear of it again? lmao. You don't have to add a "but!!!!!" to save face when you're wrong. You were just wrong full stop. It's okay moving on now.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why not just admit you were wrong then and it would end immediately and you'd never hear of it again? lmao. You don't have to add a "but!!!!!" to save face when you're wrong. You were just wrong full stop. It's okay moving on now.
    I did. Then I repeated no one uses breaths. Read between the lines.

I'm not trying to "save face" so don't bring up that charge over something small.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

If you are saying you are willing to go test breath damage resistances, perhaps using Conflag Strike since you seem fixated upon it, then please stay and contribute. :D If you don't have anything meaningful to input, please go away and stay gone.

Data collation/sorting threads should be treated as drama-free zones by default, so kindly stop.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I did. Then I repeated no one uses breaths. Read between the lines.

I'm not trying to "save face" so don't bring up that charge over something small.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    "Then I repeated no one uses breaths"
    And now I'm repeating SMN is someone, SMN uses breaths, a lot of people play SMN, Conflag Strike is used often, therefore it's a false statement. Why can't you just stop? Don't know what your problem with breaths are. Why is it so important to adamantly state that no one uses breaths? It's not even true.