+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Maybe the SMN you're with suck?

The damage is almost the same as 5/5 Meteor Strike, but with an additional effect that is useful for all magic damage. Apogee Conflag -> Meteor Strike will produce more damage than Meteor -> Meteor (with the added benefit of the DoT, and contributing to any other nuker's accuracy/damage)

Magic blood pacts are the most under-utilized and powerful attacks in the game. Just because you run with gimpy physical conduit SMN from Asura doesn't mean you know what you're talking about sorry.

A very relevant use of endgame conflag strike is Zerde magic burst method for example. Burn it before the skillchains starts (It's -63 INT which is much stronger than BLM's burn even with relic+3 boots) then burst with Meteor Strike. It'll enhance everyone else's damage/accuracy (other SMN, BLMs, etc.) along with lowering its own magic accuracy/nuke damage and stun resistance as well. That's just one small scenario for the appropriate application of Conflag strike. Sorry your SMN aren't up to par because they don't even have magic pact sets.
    Late to the party, forgot I posted. Why would I need to use Conflag Strike to enhance damage/accuracy for Meteor Strike when it already does 99999? Maybe the SMNs you are with suck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've seen it get resisted before on very high level targets with no macc buffs. Not very often but it happens
    How controlled was this test? Because fighting high level targets tends to be very not controlled and dmgs will vary for any number of reasons.

Regardless when you go 0/20 on resists with a lvl 99 avatar vs a 119 run with with over +600 meva and -~180 macc as well as a bunch of light runes it's clear the stats related to resist don't matter.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    Late to the party, forgot I posted. Why would I need to use Conflag Strike to enhance damage/accuracy for Meteor Strike when it already does 99999? Maybe the SMNs you are with suck.
    Because it's not always being magic bursted for one, that was one example on Zerde and it helps everyone including BLM not just SMN. Not to mention the burst window in skillchains doesn't last forever, before a SCH does the next one if you're activating bloodpacts properly you will be getting a lot of unbursted meteor strikes which will deal a lot more damage if someone tossed in a conflag strike. Don't be a pedantic idiot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    How controlled was this test? Because fighting high level targets tends to be very not controlled and dmgs will vary for any number of reasons.

Regardless when you go 0/20 on resists with a lvl 99 avatar vs a 119 run with with over +600 meva and -~180 macc as well as a bunch of light runes it's clear the stats related to resist don't matter.
    Ballista testing isn't a particularly accurate method of testing anything to begin with so I don't think that means anything. If it ignores elemental resistance your RUN runes mean absolutely nothing. A high level NM will have much, much higher base magic evasion than anything your RUN could equip. As for "controlled" it's about as controlled as can be, no malaise or other magic related buffs or debuffs, no other sources of magic damage to trigger cumulative resistance, sometimes it does the identical "full" damage, sometimes it clearly does half, sometimes it gets fully resisted and does pitiful damage. It's absolutely not immune to resist checks but it does work differently than other bloodpacts. Feel free to test it to your heart's content to figure out how

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ballista testing isn't a particularly accurate method of testing anything to begin with so I don't think that means anything. If it ignores elemental resistance your RUN runes mean absolutely nothing. A high level NM will have much, much higher base magic evasion than anything your RUN could equip. As for "controlled" it's about as controlled as can be, no malaise or other magic related buffs or debuffs, no other sources of magic damage to trigger cumulative resistance, sometimes it does the identical "full" damage, sometimes it clearly does half, sometimes it gets fully resisted and does pitiful damage. It's absolutely not immune to resist checks but it does work differently than other bloodpacts. Feel free to test it to your heart's content to figure out how
    It's not accurate for exact amounts and certain mechanics like some weird dmg reduction and players are given the cumulative debuff resistance but it's pretty accurate for pass fail. This clearly failed. I think you misunderstand the gap here. A 99 avatar no ilvl no macc gear still looked capped vs 620 meva while having -180 macc on it. You honestly think this move has a good 1k macc bonus or something? This would basically have to be permanent elemental seal which while you can still resist with it on it does things like macc and meva don't matter. Which if you note is what I said in what you quoted not that no resist checks though yes I am dubious of it's ability to be resisted

What about day/weather? Skillchains? Mob moves and it's own varying stats? Avatar tp? Did you lock gear?

But I figured you'd say something like that. Did some testing last night I'll eventually get more but 87 BPs vs escha-sky Genbu. Had seraphcaller this time because didn't want to wait but might go back to 99 and just set it on repeat. Only things that changed the dmg was shell, tp and cumulative which btw was -15% each time. Though might go higher but that solo diablos was my only source. While not exactly definitive yet odds of 87 no resists with even capped hit rate is barely above 1%.

Edit: actually now that I think about it I can do this on anything if I'm assuming capped hit rate.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Genbu isn't particularly high level or magically evasive (it's literally meant to be nuked to death with thunder, and its darkness resistance is bypassed by the resistance piercing property of Night Terror so you're basically nuking it with thunder) so it's not really a good test subject. It's definitely more inherently accurate than any other magic bloodpact but it's not 100% unresistable. A lot of NMs have high darkness resist but aren't magically evasive in general. In the case of Genbu, the only reason BLMs aren't going around nuking it with Death is because of its darkness SDT (or whatever you want to call it)

Go test it out on Reisenjima T4s (please don't do it on Zerde for the love of god. You have a habit of biasing your own testing so that you get the results you want, like only doing easy versions of battlefields)

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Go test it out on Reisenjima T4s (please don't do it on Zerde for the love of god. You have a habit of biasing your own testing so that you get the results you want, like only doing easy versions of battlefields)
    Do you just try to come off has an immodest dick on a constant basis? Why don't you go test it to prove the point? Instead of being sanctimonious towards Dasva through the thread. They have clearly been more useful than you so it is a bit arduous to listen to your zingers at this point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Do you just try to come off has an immodest dick on a constant basis? Why don't you go test it to prove the point? Instead of being sanctimonious towards Dasva through the thread. They have clearly been more useful than you so it is a bit arduous to listen to your zingers at this point.
    Because I don't really care that much? I'm just making observations, if someone thinks my observations are wrong they are more than welcome to test it out themselves and prove me wrong. I can't be assed because it's really not that important. I'm just not going to sit back and be told my years of data and experience are wrong by someone who has 0 data and experience. If they're that bothered and I am in fact wrong they can go out of their way to prove me 100% wrong without a shadow of a doubt and I will concede

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because I don't really care that much? I'm just making observations, if someone thinks my observations are wrong they are more than welcome to test it out themselves and prove me wrong. I can't be assed because it's really not that important. I'm just not going to sit back and be told my years of data and experience are wrong by someone who has 0 data and experience. If they're that bothered and I am in fact wrong they can go out of their way to prove me 100% wrong without a shadow of a doubt and I will concede
    Your years of data past don't mean shit when you apparently have nothing but words and pathetic excuses of apathy to show for it now.

If you "don't really care" and can't be bothered then don't be part of the conversation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Unless you can share your "data", then it is not actually data, and arguing based on nothing but personal memories does jack shit when we're in the Mathy Parts forum. The burden of proof for a random self-important ass' declarations rests on no one else to disprove. If you can not actually prove your assertions using *gasp* actual math with actual reproducible and verifiable evidence, then go away.

And if you CAN prove your assertions, do so in a way that is not excessively dickish please. It's easier to think logically when you aren't pissed off at the jerk on the other end of the conversation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

it's not 100% unresistable
    Nope unless you really want to say I hit 1 out of 10 million odds here

And you want to say it can land with floored macc

119 macc geared rdm vs 49 carby. And same on Odllyic subterfuge any questions

Night Terror and Night terror on Odyllic subterfuge vs random 119 meva geared dude

Now please stop literally making shit up and presenting it as fact to reinforce your theories that you also present as fact instead of ya know actually testing them. Ie stop trolling the section of the forums that is supposed to have the least amount of bs and trolling and supposed to be hard facts/math and testing

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh shit son, but Jacob's years of experience and data tho.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like there was another update to the resistances.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Looks like there was another update to the resistances.
    I'll get on updating the spreadsheet later today.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'll get on updating the spreadsheet later today.
    Don't worry, there was another update today!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Sorry it's taking so long. ><;; Most of the updates done seem to be to the notes, not actual resistances and it takes time for me to sort everything out with the manual method that I use... Got busy in-game, since I'm running two ls now, and been having ISP issues too, so just haven't been able to make much progress recently. Will get caught up ASAP.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Sorry it's taking so long. ><;; Most of the updates done seem to be to the notes, not actual resistances and it takes time for me to sort everything out with the manual method that I use... Got busy in-game, since I'm running two ls now, and been having ISP issues too, so just haven't been able to make much progress recently. Will get caught up ASAP.
    Just be like me, run one of the greatest unconventional LS around then just stop. Plenty of time then!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Moar updates!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Moar updates!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another update.

Okay, what the hell is "Devil -50%" for the Bozzetto Conjurer?

It seems they are also adding info like the INT of Apex Skeletons and other misc stuff in the testing now.