+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    That doesn't seem right. Magic/yellow proc always reduced their PDT for me
    When you say their it makes it sound like you are talking about more than one... and well each one actually changes so that might be why you see the difference. Looking back I found and once again Tarowyn grabbing stuff from jp wiki lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I know you are super excited Nyarlko (and others) but it might be easier to parse/port to wiki to be a tad more organized and complete when porting info instead of random tidbits from random mobs.

So like maybe something similar to how they have it organized

Mob name
    MDT|MDB
    Elemental alignments

Possible notes.

And for notes possible links if only using GT since well GT isn't the greatest with game terms

Then to the next mob. Possibly in some semblance of an order so we can see which ones have been brought over.
    Yes, I'm excited! XD As it's way too much for a novice like me to port in, I was just pointing out some interesting tidbits (partially hoping that someone else who knows what they are doing can do the heavy lifting for us.)

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am amazed that still today new suff is found out in this game o.o
    I am not. Considering how old and in depth this game is. Things are still being learned all the time. Fuck, we finally just settled the Coconut Rusk debate last update.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I am not. Considering how old and in depth this game is. Things are still being learned all the time. Fuck, we finally just settled the Coconut Rusk debate last update.
    Also, it doesn't appear to be mostly "new" information, as it's been known by a large portion of the playerbase for years. It just takes someone who hangs out on this side who also knows moonrunes who is also willing to bridge the language gap for us to find out too. I put a large part of the blame on how little of the official information has been officially translated into English.. JPs were getting official guides until recent years, Famitsu articles, actual direct communication between players and devs, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So starting to port over specific mob stuff starting in order (should make verification further testing easier). Link is on first page and will try to post the original jp notes along with my translations unless they are pointless. (like some just say hey subspecies have similar stats as main which is obvious based on the numbers). Or already very well known info

Scowlenkos (Ahriman)
    Spoiler: show

mdt: -25% MDB: 100
    Fire: 100% Wind: 100% Lightning: 100% Light: 130%
    Ice: 100% Earth: 100% Water: 100% Dark: 30%

Vanguard (Dynamis Ahriman)

mdt: -25% MDB: 250
    Fire: 85% Wind: 85% Lightning: 85% Light: 115%
    Ice: 85% Earth: 85% Water: 85% Dark: 25%

Doom Lens ( Past Ahriman)

mdt: -25% MDB: 100

Akvan ( Red Ahriman)

mdt: 0% MDB: 100

Om'aern (Aern)

Fire: 115% Wind: 115% Lightning: 115% Light: 130%
    Ice: 115% Earth: 115% Water: 115% Dark: 30%

Absolute Virtue (Aern)

mdt: 0 to -50%% MDB: 200
    Fire: 115% Wind: 115% Lightning: 115% Light: 130%
    Ice: 115% Earth: 115% Water: 115% Dark: 30%

Notes: Gains -1% DT per 1% hp lost. Caps at -50% DT
    耐性は通常のアーン族と同じだが、HP が1%減る度に被ダメージ-1%を獲得す

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Astringent Acuex (Acuex)

mdt: 0% (+50% fire, ice, light, dark. -25% thunder, earth and water) MDB: 100
    Fire: 150% Wind: 100% Lightning: 100% Light: 130%
    Ice: 100% Earth: 60% Water: 40% Dark: 100%

Jaunting Yecuex (Pink Acuex)

mdt: 0% (+50% , ice, light, dark. -25% thunder, earth, fire and water) MDB: 100
    Ice: 115% Earth: 60% Water: 40% Dark: 100%

Acrolith(Acrolith)

mdt: -12.5% MDB: 100
    Fire: 100% Wind: 60% Lightning: 70% Light: 30%
    Ice: 60% Earth: 60% Water: 100% Dark: 5%

Adamantoise (Adamantoise)

Fire: 50% Wind: 50% Lightning: 5% Light: 50%
    Ice: 130% Earth: 5% Water: 5% Dark: 50%

Aspidochelone (Adamantoise)

mdt: 39.9% MDB: 100

Genbu ( Blue Adamantoise)

mdt: 0% MDB: 112
    Fire: 10% Wind: 50% Lightning: 130% Light: 50%
    Ice: 50% Earth: 50% Water: 10% Dark: 50%

Akupara ( Ferro Adamantoise)

mdt: 0% MDB: 130

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Here's a txt file of a current rip of the raw GTrans'd database. I was kinda planning on cleaning it up like Dasva did for the above entries, but wasn't sure if it was needed or exactly what I should do to it.

Link here

What format would be best to make it simpler to import the data into the wiki?
    Should I use element names (ie: "Fire") or keep the skillchain element names like in the source (ie: "Liquefaction")?
    Is it worthwhile to clean up the notes for non-impacting information (ie: beetles have a lot of the species they are patterned off of listed)?
    Would an Excel spreadsheet be easier to work with for whoever is importing it into bgwiki?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh nice that would be a bit easier than going thru the page with translate up lol. Damn there's more than I realized

No idea on the wiki part. Personally anything easily read though it's not really ready for wiki. Confirmation aside going to see how this correlates to resistance and possibly if we need to make a separate table for monsters on wiki for that part.

I think elements would be better. I understand why they wanted to do skillchain names but probably more intuitive to use element seeing as it can deal with things when you're not even skillchaining and for multi element skillchains.

I personally don't see the point in half those notes. It looks like a lot of it is the fluff they put on old wiki and other half is putting to words what the numbers already say. I'd only really do the stuff the stuff that presents new game impacting information

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So there is a wealth of info/testing on jp wiki/blogs that well never really gets seen by the English community unless a jp reader in the English community happens to peruse those AND lets us know. And some of it is kind of revolutionary... like what really pushed me to finally start doing this was some crazy stuff about skillchains shared on ffxiah that is basically unknown our side... though wanted to since I started seeing some of their macc testing (they knew way before us that geo spells were literally just working wrong) and dint retesting etc.

In light of that thought we should have a thread where we can raise attention to any such and parse what they mean and hopefully have someone fluent in moonrunes provide real translations since often GT is just enough to get a gist of it. Will try to include original jp links so someone can provide proper translations as necessary and hopefully. And as a lot of these particularly jp wiki doesn't provide the actually testing or at least can't find it a lot of times probably some level of verification of these.

And with that here's a first one found in the ffxiah RUN forums. Credit to Tarowyn for finding, alerted us to it and provided a nice translation.

Original jp. It also gives a bunch of related stats needed to do this testing (more on that later) for various mobs on this and the following pages though not sure where the next page button is lol.

So my slightly shortened interpretation is when they made it so that skillchains aren't resisted they need another stat reduce skillchain dmg by element and to choose them in the same fashion. This keeps referring to it as resistance but given we already have and use that term differently I think we should come up with another. Idk like elemental alignment or skillchain resistance.

Similar to elemental resistances each mob has 1 of 15 varying values to each element that help determine which element a multi element skillchain will be but also directly modify dmg similar to how different resistance might but straight reduction instead of chance to. This was briefly explored in the testing done by Montenen (sorry forget spelling) after the update but never really expanded on

Another effect of these elemental alignments is if they are 50% or lower the mob will have a 50% sdt to this value. Now SDTs were somewhat known but prior to this we didn't have a way of quantify how close they were to or that there was a threshold for them partly because we didn't really have ways of modifying it.

Now the values can be changed somewhat. Now instead of things like the brd/nin spells to modify it's Rayke and skillchains. A skillchain will raise the alignment value by 1 during the MB window. This doesn't stack with multiple step skillchains it will just use the current one. Though multistep skillchains can have interesting effects on which elements get picked as the first skillchain can change priorities for the next one. And Rayke will raise the alignment value by 1 level per rune expended. This means yes Rayke can raise skillchain dmg and with the right elements 1 skillchain can raise the dmg of the next one and you can even temporarily remove SDTs with either but how much it takes will depend on mobs. Also it's not 100% clear but looks like they are saying Subtle Sorcery has an effect similar to raising alignment for spells casted by the that player by 5 ranks as well as a just large macc boost.

Most the rest is examples and slight talk on how they determined the other stats they needed first. Namely they used enspell/blu 1k needles to determine mdt then swipes for mdb which is a valid way of testing each since obviously they'd effect magic dmg and need to be accounted for but are also nice info for us to have. And then there is a list of monsters with mdt, mdb, and elemental alignments listed some of them even listing different values for different versions or different difficulties. Some also have notes after them about it but gunna take awhile to go thru all that and that's really more mob specific data

Something I don't see anything on is if the whole changing SDT threshold also works for debuff durations or for elemental sources of dmg that aren't the next step of a skillchain or MB like say an elemental ws. And given how Rayke also helps with the cumulative dmg reduction how that might factor in. Like will a skillchain also help somewhat. Also doesn't look like they specify if the SDT also applies to the skillchain on top of the elemental alignment modifier.. they actually term it as guaranteed at least half resist but given they also use an example of resist states going from 1/2 to 1/16 that looks just like normal resist states + sdt as there is no 1/16th resist
    Weren't you the one going on about how bats weren't weak to wind?

"For instance, on bats which are 130% Fire 150% Wind 130% Lightning 150% Light, if you do Atonement -> Resolution, the Light skilchain damage becomes wind damage (Wind has the higher priority of the two 150% elements)."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First this is new stuff based on. Both in terms of being known but also only been a feature in the game at least to this extent to where it could really be tested like this for a couple of years

Second not sure what that conversation was about but it most likely was either to do with resistance or dmg modifications. The first may be correlated may not requires further testing but there are at least some differences given how Rayke effects it but doesn't effect the elemental resistance while things that elemental resistance in the past would change the priority but some implication (but not explicitly stated) it doesn't know. The 2nd it does but only skillchain dmg and only since the update but fair enough I guess...?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When they implemented the Skillchain update, SE said in the notes that the damage a monster takes from a Skillchain is directly correlated with their personal relative elemental resistance, so while we don't know the specifics of the correlation, bats taking 150% wind skillchain damage does mean they have a significantly lower than normal resistance to wind.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Oh nice that would be a bit easier than going thru the page with translate up lol. Damn there's more than I realized

No idea on the wiki part. Personally anything easily read though it's not really ready for wiki. Confirmation aside going to see how this correlates to resistance and possibly if we need to make a separate table for monsters on wiki for that part.

I think elements would be better. I understand why they wanted to do skillchain names but probably more intuitive to use element seeing as it can deal with things when you're not even skillchaining and for multi element skillchains.

I personally don't see the point in half those notes. It looks like a lot of it is the fluff they put on old wiki and other half is putting to words what the numbers already say. I'd only really do the stuff the stuff that presents new game impacting information
    The numbers given for elements are actual elemental resist numbers. They used skillchains to determine how the system works and what the values are. Most of the fluff notes are just flavor notes basically. For example, knowing what species beetles are based on doesn't have any impact on gameplay, but still can be fun to know. It might be a good idea to steal the pics too for some mobs since certain entries seem to have variances based on model/location.

Entries in the list are not English alphabetical order unfortunately. They are organized by family in "alphabetical" order using the Japanese hiragana order. I don't feel like reorganizing the entire list, so I'm going to leave it in that order. Entries were copy/pasted in the order they have them in.

I'm almost done with my first pass on the list to clean up stuff like zone names and proper conversion of katakana mob names. Decided to go with skillchain element names for the resists since that won't change things like "Fire Elemental" for importing into the wiki later. I'll link later to both a full copy and a no-notes copy JIC that's easier to work with for importing into the wiki.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Playing the game for over a decade and killing countless bats made it self-evident to notice things like bats having the lowest resistance to wind and light, I mean the 20% macc bonus you get over from their next weakest elements (fire, thunder, etc.) isn't even eyeball territory anymore when you mostly play mage jobs, it slaps you in the face when your macc is low enough and you get resisted on everything but wind (light nukes aren't generally used on mage nuking jobs so yeah) Same with blue acuex and fire, when the high level blue acuex were first introduced in the gates zone, most people had extremely low macc compared to their magic evasion due to their high level, and it wasn't a coincidence that fire landed much more consistently than ice on them, even though ice also did extra damage if it went unresisted. You slaughter enough of them for capacity points and you learn what works best because it's pretty obvious, 50% less resistant in this case is no joke

So yeah it's nice to have these things confirmed since some people refuse to believe common enemy elemental resistances

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    Since the tolerance of the target attribute falls by one level during the magic burst acceptance time that occurs after cooperation is established, in
    the case of three or more collaboration, what kind of attribute the damage of the Lv 2 · Lv 3 collaboration becomes is somewhat complicated in some cases.
    For example dissolving 130% burst 150% impact 130% through 150% in the bat group,
    when performing two coordination Leue → Resolution, a higher priority among the light coordination becomes wind damage (150% scenic wind Is selected).
    However, in the case of three collaborations of Shakuten Fire → Ekishin Sander (Nuclear Heat) → Resolution (Light), this optical cooperation becomes fire damage.
    (Down magic burst reception time fire light resistance one stage during the post-nuclear heat generation,
    tolerance bat group is dissolved 150% burst 150% impact 130% through 150% for changes in 150% of the fire of priority scenic High fire is chosen).
    The tolerance down during the magic burst reception time can not be reduced over two or more levels by continuing to connect with each other because overwriting will not be overwritten when the next collaboration occurs.
    Elemental Priority sequence: fire > ice > wind > earth > thunder > water > light > dark
    Resist table, high to low, left to right: 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%/30%/40%/50%/60%/70%/85%/100%/115%/130%/150%

For Bats:
    Base resists are: fire 130%, wind 150%, thunder 130%, light 150%

Performing a 2-step Light sc (which has all 4x light-side elements) picks out wind as the damage type dealt since wind is higher in the elemental priority list than light.

Performing a 2-step Fusion sc (fire/light) deals light damage, then bumps up the resist tiers for fire and light by one. Light is already maxed, but fire goes up from 130%>150%. Continuing that Fusion with a Light sc results in the light sc being fire damage since fire is now equally maxed, but is higher in the priority list than wind and light.

These changes to resistances are also stated to reset after the resulting MB window closes.

Odd note, not sure if it was previously known, but they say that "Pixie Hairpin +1" affects dark-element sc damage. O_o!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    When they implemented the Skillchain update, SE said in the notes that the damage a monster takes from a Skillchain is directly correlated with their personal relative elemental resistance, so while we don't know the specifics of the correlation, bats taking 150% wind skillchain damage does mean they have a significantly lower than normal resistance to wind.
    So they did. Though SE also mixes terms sometimes... what we need to know how much that means and how that relates to things that visibly effect said elemental resistance

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Playing the game for over a decade and killing countless bats made it self-evident to notice things like bats having the lowest resistance to wind and light, I mean the 20% macc bonus you get over from their next weakest elements (fire, thunder, etc.) isn't even eyeball territory anymore when you mostly play mage jobs, it slaps you in the face when your macc is low enough and you get resisted on everything but wind (light nukes aren't generally used on mage nuking jobs so yeah) Same with blue acuex and fire, when the high level blue acuex were first introduced in the gates zone, most people had extremely low macc compared to their magic evasion due to their high level, and it wasn't a coincidence that fire landed much more consistently than ice on them, even though ice also did extra damage if it went unresisted. You slaughter enough of them for capacity points and you learn what works best because it's pretty obvious, 50% less resistant in this case is no joke

So yeah it's nice to have these things confirmed since some people refuse to believe common enemy elemental resistances
    You do realize this isn't saying 20% macc bonus right? Just that the skillchain dmg is 15% higher than the next elements and that it based on old update notes it depends on resistances. Exact conversion is up in the air (though there is probably some testing on that as I seem to remember some automaton macc testing that accidentally found some differences in elemental resistance.). It could very well be eyeball territory hell part of what makes eyeballing so bad is because it covers a large territory and humans have a tendency to focus on certain things more than others. Even more so when the difference it makes highly depends on how much your macc already compares to mobs meva. But go ahead have your I was right about what I saw moment

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You do realize this isn't saying 20% macc bonus right? Just that the skillchain dmg is 15% higher than the next elements and that it based on old update notes it depends on resistances. Exact conversion is up in the air (though there is probably some testing on that as I seem to remember some automaton macc testing that accidentally found some differences in elemental resistance.).
    The values they are listing are the actual resistance percentage/numbers, which they used the skillchain system to determine. It's not just listing skillchain damage.

Since it's also stated that if the target's resist value is 50% or lower, then it guarantees a resist, I'd also say that it definitely has an impact on macc as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So they did. Though SE also mixes terms sometimes... what we need to know how much that means and how that relates to things that visibly effect said elemental resistance

You do realize this isn't saying 20% macc bonus right? Just that the skillchain dmg is 15% higher than the next elements and that it based on old update notes it depends on resistances. Exact conversion is up in the air (though there is probably some testing on that as I seem to remember some automaton macc testing that accidentally found some differences in elemental resistance.). It could very well be eyeball territory hell part of what makes eyeballing so bad is because it covers a large territory and humans have a tendency to focus on certain things more than others. Even more so when the difference it makes highly depends on how much your macc already compares to mobs meva. But go ahead have your I was right about what I saw moment
    I'm saying they have 20% lower resistance to wind compared to fire and thunder, which gives you a 20% higher relative magic accuracy with that spell compared to their base resistance to other elements

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since you both have made similar post I'll just do 1 response. Here's the thing we know they are related but no where in this entire thing does it attempt to say how they are related and what that difference means and even ignoring conversion rates which could easily exist it could mean many things and who knows what the baseline is though 100% seems logical. Does it mean this wind has 50 less meva than a neutral element? Given most resistance base things use macc/meva equation this seems likely but wont translate straight into resist percentages. Does it work like resist traits and is separate? Super unlikely as it'd mean never landing shit regardless of macc/meva. Does it have 50% less meva to that element than one at 100%? Or does it just convert some unseen elemental resistance to meva at a 50% rate? Good luck testing either but holy fuck the difference that would make would likely be crazy.

As far as the guaranteed "resist" remember it also says 1/16 which doesn't even exist unless it's new to so 99% sure they mean sdt instead but they didn't have a term for it like we do. Be pretty easy to test so maybe can do that tonight

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Elemental Priority sequence: fire > ice > wind > earth > thunder > water > light > dark
    Resist table, high to low, left to right: 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%/30%/40%/50%/60%/70%/85%/100%/115%/130%/150%

For Bats:
    Base resists are: fire 130%, wind 150%, thunder 130%, light 150%

Performing a 2-step Light sc (which has all 4x light-side elements) picks out wind as the damage type dealt since wind is higher in the elemental priority list than light.

Performing a 2-step Fusion sc (fire/light) deals light damage, then bumps up the resist tiers for fire and light by one. Light is already maxed, but fire goes up from 130%>150%. Continuing that Fusion with a Light sc results in the light sc being fire damage since fire is now equally maxed, but is higher in the priority list than wind and light.

These changes to resistances are also stated to reset after the resulting MB window closes.

Odd note, not sure if it was previously known, but they say that "Pixie Hairpin +1" affects dark-element sc damage. O_o!
    This is actually in the OP. Though now seeing you do it it's funny they used that example since it has light already maxed so it isn't actually an example of both resistances going down. Should also note it says further multi step skillchains don't stack. Also apparently the arrows didn't copy over so fixing that

As far as Pixie idk if it specifically was known but it's generally accepted pretty much all magical multipliers outside of mdb/mab work on it. If you think backwards it kind of makes sense since the best way (and I think the original way when it was originally done) to determine what element a skillchain is without this chart would something like obis/elemental staffs

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Here's the link to the cleaned/no-notes version. There are just as many useful notes (extra abilities, gimmicks, NM strats, etc) as there are flavor/useless ones. Gonna take me a while to clean up the useful notes, so don't expect it soon. ^^;;;

This is actually in the OP. Though now seeing you do it it's funny they used that example since it has light already maxed so it isn't actually an example of both resistances going down. Should also note it says further multi step skillchains don't stack. Also apparently the arrows didn't copy over so fixing that

As far as Pixie idk if it specifically was known but it's generally accepted pretty much all magical multipliers outside of mdb/mab work on it. If you think backwards it kind of makes sense since the best way (and I think the original way when it was originally done) to determine what element a skillchain is without this chart would something like obis/elemental staffs
    I know it was in the OP, but it was somewhat hard to read with no delimiters between percents. I was just trying to clarify a bit more in case anyone else was doing constant double-takes besides me. I think they used bats to specifically point out how the priorities work. Since light starts off maxed, it can't go any higher, and the 3step changes the priority from wind to fire, so it makes a solid example.

Specifically, I've never heard that any gear outside of "Skillchain Bonus+" actually affected skillchain damage, so it's definitely news to me that Pixie+1 can pump up Dark based sc damage. We'll have to find a target that is weakest to dark damage in order to test. EDIT: OR... just use Compression on anything that has dark 100%+ baseline.