Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If you mean the jp site it kind of confuses me at times. Like at first it seemed the dated ones would be new stuff they added... and it was to an extent but then it ended up being any changes they made and some and would have some older stuff at times and I think I found some newer stuff at old parts so ended up just doing the lists above that which seemed to be some kind of ordered pages that seem to be somewhat by family as they add but god it is a tad confusing trying to find stuff
    Yep, talking bout the JP site. Updated pages are listed on the lower left, but no details about what was changed on that page and the actual update history page is disabled. Upper left is the index, sorted by katakana ("japanese alphabet") order, 3-5 kana per page. So if you check an updated page, someone might have added a new mob or 10x, or might have added newly discovered stats to an old mob, or might've fixed a single typo in their flavorful descriptions/notes. I don't know of any method to automate the process on my end, so I'm doing it manually by carefully reading thru each page and comparing what's live to the existing list that I already made. @_@;; For the most part, I am focusing only on the boxed/numerical info, so it's actually a rather simple (albeit tedious) task.

My questions are actually:
    * Should I change the format of the spreadsheet to include columns for stuff like "Piercing Damage Taken"?
    ** If yes then I would greatly appreciate it if someone who knows kanji can confirm each of the possible damage types for me to reference.
    * When I'm providing updated data here, should I provide a sheet w/ only the new/changed info OR would an updated full copy of the list be preferred?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I suppose.

Overall I was trying to make things clear although separating it would further enhance that.

Basically what I saw was a section of the new information then three outdated lines below from species that now said specific. Which sounded good as a term for SDT to me, since it is very specific to the monster, and referenced what we now understand. So it seemed out of place, and almost pointless to stand alone at the bottom of the page given what was above it discussing tiers and so on.

So I moved it, then moving it turned into "okay the ele order for SC damage selection is vague/not listed" and "okay, rayke isn't mentioned, nor is multi element SCs interacting with tiers", and so on.
    Which then became "lets make this clearer" as a bit of it isn't compared to the OP of this thread. Then I read through the same shit here a few times over for what seems like an eternity to try and make sure it was fine.

Then, apparently fucking it up. So, tag you are it!
    Actually my old one didn't say species cause I dun goofed lol. I think you missed reading everything above that though. Like that's on the bottom and doesn't include that stuff because it's specifically talking about the 50% and below thing

And then all those things you mentioned are missing are above it under the header of elemental resistance since I suck at naming things and that was the most appropriate name I could think of giving this. Has a section on what it is/does including the skillchain dmg/selection as well as mb and lower tier effects though yeah could definitely add the actual elements instead of my lazy shorthand for selection. Then below that is a section on how to change the tiers that includes things like skillchains and rayke.

You are right though I've been terrible at updating the OP with info in this . I'll have to give a look at your series of changes since you did some cool things I have no idea on. And looks like some of the interim changes clarified some

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Yep, talking bout the JP site. Updated pages are listed on the lower left, but no details about what was changed on that page and the actual update history page is disabled. Upper left is the index, sorted by katakana ("japanese alphabet") order, 3-5 kana per page. So if you check an updated page, someone might have added a new mob or 10x, or might have added newly discovered stats to an old mob, or might've fixed a single typo in their flavorful descriptions/notes. I don't know of any method to automate the process on my end, so I'm doing it manually by carefully reading thru each page and comparing what's live to the existing list that I already made. @_@;; For the most part, I am focusing only on the boxed/numerical info, so it's actually a rather simple (albeit tedious) task.

My questions are actually:
    * Should I change the format of the spreadsheet to include columns for stuff like "Piercing Damage Taken"?
    ** If yes then I would greatly appreciate it if someone who knows kanji can confirm each of the possible damage types for me to reference.
    * When I'm providing updated data here, should I provide a sheet w/ only the new/changed info OR would an updated full copy of the list be preferred?
    Yeah I figured putting old stuff back again was them updating pages but so hard to tell sometimes as you said. And so the update section has been less useful for me at least looking up stuff though obviously if looking for new or something add around those dates pretty nice.

I think physical sdts would be nice myself. I tested a bunch myself back in the day but shit is scattered and incomplete. I think full updates might be nice. Not sure how we plan on incorporating into the wiki yet but I can at least put it in the OP and keep updating that as you do for ease of finding

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Actually my old one didn't say species cause I dun goofed lol. I think you missed reading everything above that though. Like that's on the bottom and doesn't include that stuff because it's specifically talking about the 50% and below thing

And then all those things you mentioned are missing are above it under the header of elemental resistance since I suck at naming things and that was the most appropriate name I could think of giving this. Has a section on what it is/does including the skillchain dmg/selection as well as mb and lower tier effects though yeah could definitely add the actual elements instead of my lazy shorthand for selection. Then below that is a section on how to change the tiers that includes things like skillchains and rayke.

You are right though I've been terrible at updating the OP with info in this . I'll have to give a look at your series of changes since you did some cool things I have no idea on. And looks like some of the interim changes clarified some
    Yeah, basically any clarification or corrections that can be made, and that page is set for the most part.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Personally, I think we should seriously consider renaming this term to something completely different that SDT. If we only change the meaning behind "SDT", then it could lead to confusion for others trying to research when they get conflicting/differing results based on how old their reference is.

IMO, something like "Elemental Resistance Rank" would be a far more meaningful term that would make it simpler to search for information about this specific mechanic. It feels like it functions differently enough from what we knew as "Species Damage Taken" that a new name would be appropriate.

@Dasva: As far as the various non-elemental resists go, I really think it would be a good idea to add new columns for them, since we have stuff like Acuex which has at least FIVE modifiers not covered elsewhere. That includes a blunt resistance and a +100% weakness to breath damage. O.o;; The only issue I have with doing so is that I really need someone else to confirm which kanji means which type before actually entering the data into the new columns.

Sidenote: Shouldn't we be able to test if pets are identical to wild mobs by getting an acuex pet hit w/ breath dmg? Might have to ballista or something, but if it doesn't take double expected damage, wouldn't that confirm that pets are different than wild?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personally, I think we should seriously consider renaming this term to something completely different that SDT. If we only change the meaning behind "SDT", then it could lead to confusion for others trying to research when they get conflicting/differing results based on how old their reference is.

IMO, something like "Elemental Resistance Rank" would be a far more meaningful term that would make it simpler to search for information about this specific mechanic. It feels like it functions differently enough from what we knew as "Species Damage Taken" that a new name would be appropriate.

@Dasva: As far as the various non-elemental resists go, I really think it would be a good idea to add new columns for them, since we have stuff like Acuex which has at least FIVE modifiers not covered elsewhere. That includes a blunt resistance and a +100% weakness to breath damage. O.o;; The only issue I have with doing so is that I really need someone else to confirm which kanji means which type before actually entering the data into the new columns.

Sidenote: Shouldn't we be able to test if pets are identical to wild mobs by getting an acuex pet hit w/ breath dmg? Might have to ballista or something, but if it doesn't take double expected damage, wouldn't that confirm that pets are different than wild?
    Old references be damned, Species DT is Specific DT. Just depends which we want.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Old references be damned, Species DT is Specific DT. Just depends which we want.
    But BOTH are "SDT" and neither speaks at all to what the term actually IS. >.> All of this elemental stuff works off tiers, while typed damage taken (like blunt) seem to be pretty much fractional and almost always a multiple of 1/8th. IMO, it would make sense to change the name of SDT, but it's just my opinion I guess. lol Do we have an official name for the "typed" damage btw?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I always thought the "S" stood for "Special", lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    I always thought the "S" stood for "Special", lol
    Same.

I only knew the term from things like banish against undead. Otherwise I just always said things like "green gigas take half damage from thunder, blue from ice", "pugs resist water", etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nah, the S was always species, and referred specifically to 50% elemental cuts to certain elements many species have.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am working on an updated template for mob pages.

*What we have now

*What I have so far

Nya, could you hit me with a list of everything? Not just the updates? Basically copy paste the excels you have into each other. All I have is the text file and then the 16/1/18 update.

Could you also take the "collision", "demilitarized" damage, etc and make it into words please? I reasoned that Destruction damage is slashing and collision is piercing however there are things that archery should be listed on like Wopket too so I am not sure what "hit damage" (physical damage - I assume?) and then simply "damage" (a variation of physical damage - ?) like on the Spartoi Warrior is.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Might want to reword the footnote, a 60% wind resistance doesn't mean that NM takes -40% wind damage for example so the description isn't accurate and might confuse people

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Might want to reword the footnote, a 60% wind resistance doesn't mean that NM takes -40% wind damage for example so the description isn't accurate and might confuse people
    Yeah, will fix that, im still in the templates reforming them as we speak. I already changed how that wording is (the rest in the SS is the same) since posting it. Then again what is wrong with:

Quote Originally Posted by current text
    During battle some monsters may change resistances.<br />

100% denotates that a monster takes full damage.<br />Anything above or below 100% is a bonus or penalty.
    *E.g At 5% a foe takes -95% damage.
    See the [[Resist]] and [[Damage Type]] pages.<br />
    ?

As far as SDT goes. I move to strike "Species" from the nomenclature. Given that a species varies within its own subspecies (something we didn't really know/was somewhat rare/unknown at the time) and then once again from NM to NM. The term "species" while once understood in a time of less variance in the game. Is now inaccurate and misleading.
    I know Dasva said it would confuse old school players to change the term from species. However, catering to dead players or ones that don't know what is going on isn't how we do things. Overall, people don't really know or use the term to begin with. They certainly will now as this information is important to strategies/shooting the breeze.

Therefore, I move to make the official term Specific or Special Damage Taken. Special makes sense as a whole: "Banish reduces the Special Damage Taken penalties of undead", while Specific makes sense in that every NM, species, and subspecies has it's own damage taken properties. Any other term is also welcome, but there are only so many for S in the SDT. Don't see a reason to create a new term.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I am working on an updated template for mob pages.

*What we have now

*What I have so far

Nya, could you hit me with a list of everything? Not just the updates? Basically copy paste the excels you have into each other. All I have is the text file and then the 16/1/18 update.

Could you also take the "collision", "demilitarized" damage, etc and make it into words please? I reasoned that Destruction damage is slashing and collision is piercing however there are things that archery should be listed on like Wopket too so I am not sure what "hit damage" (physical damage - I assume?) and then simply "damage" (a variation of physical damage - ?) like on the Spartoi Warrior is.
    Yep, I've been slacking, but am working on cleaning up the excel so it's sortable/searchable and will link it here once it's done. Coulda sworn I linked the first version earlier though. :/ Here's the original again so you have something to work with while I make the updated version pretty:

10-12-17 FFXI_Monster_Resistances_cleaned.xlsx

The "collision"/"Demilitarized"/etc stuff are the kanji that I was saying I need confirmation on since GTrans is obviously fucking them up. ><;;
    Barring having someone fluent helping out, if you could give me some examples of mobs w/ confirmed specific type variances for each type, that should be enough for me to be able to cross-ref and iron out the kinks. Multiple for each type since only a handful of mobs have that recorded so far.

EDIT: Here's the updated full list:

FFXI_Monster_Resistances_full_1-20-18.xlsx

I made it a table, removed the Japanese characters from the family names so the list is now sortable, and added columns for the damage-type resistances. Once I've got confirmed translation for all of the damage-type kanji, I'll sort that part out later too.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep, I've been slacking, but am working on cleaning up the excel so it's sortable/searchable and will link it here once it's done. Coulda sworn I linked the first version earlier though. :/ Here's the original again so you have something to work with while I make the updated version pretty:

10-12-17 FFXI_Monster_Resistances_cleaned.xlsx

The "collision"/"Demilitarized"/etc stuff are the kanji that I was saying I need confirmation on since GTrans is obviously fucking them up. ><;;
    Barring having someone fluent helping out, if you could give me some examples of mobs w/ confirmed specific type variances for each type, that should be enough for me to be able to cross-ref and iron out the kinks. Multiple for each type since only a handful of mobs have that recorded so far.

EDIT: Here's the updated full list:

FFXI_Monster_Resistances_full_1-20-18.xlsx

I made it a table, removed the Japanese characters from the family names so the list is now sortable, and added columns for the damage-type resistances. Once I've got confirmed translation for all of the damage-type kanji, I'll sort that part out later too.
    Spent some time figuring out the damage types. Worst was trying to get "demilitarized damage" "hit damage" and "damaged damage" right.

Damage type deduction:
    Collision damage = piercing. We know because all the birds and things have it.
    Destructive damage= slashing. Hounds/yggreants +% and tulfaire -50%

So lets get demilitarized out of the way before discussing the others. Figured slimes have a high resistance to blunt so lets pick on them:
    Destructive and collision -50%, demilitarized -75%

The glassy thinker is also purely listed as demilitarized damage +50%

So on and so forth.

Demilitarized damage = blunt.

I wanted to assume (hope?) that demilitarized damage means both club and h2h, then specified otherwise for mobs that arent equal like skeletons. Then the issue seen next is outlined by the NM effigies in Dynamis Divergence.
    Damaged damage and demilitarized are both listed. Granted these are the newest entries there could just be a shorthand error as hit damage is only on two other mobs as well.

So we know certain mobs that take different damage from clubs as opposed to H2H.
    The issue is we have "damage", "damaged damage", "hit damage", and "demilitarized damage" expressing what I assume is blunt in some fashion.
    Physical damage is outright stated as physical, as are breath and magical.
    It cant be a general damage taken either as slimes/clots and skeletons dont have a pure -DT to all damage.

For example we know skeletons take +12.5% to H2H and +25% to blunt.

Skeletons in that regard read: Damage +12.5%, Hit Damage +25%, no other entry lists "Damage" besides this one. It is "damaged damage" otherwise. I assume this is a shorthand variation. Perhaps they knew like we did that skeletons were this way and listed it long ago in their sheet.
    Does anyone else know of another mob that takes different blunt damage and h2h damage?

The only other example of hit damage in the sheet were Acuex:
    Damaged Damage -62.5% and Hit Damage -75% (as well as breath +100%, and slashing and piercing -12.5%)

The only other entry for Damaged Damage in the sheet are the boss statues for Dynamis Divergence.
    Both listed as: Damaged damage -18.75%, collision damage (piercing) -25%, demilitarized damage -12.5%

Best guess is hit is club, damage/damaged is h2h. As far as the differences, since hit damage is only on two other entries perhaps it was lumped in with demilitrazied (blunt) damage, and then damaged damage is just H2H when there is a difference.

My deduction:
    Skeleton entry was done first, labeled damage for h2h and hit for club. Time passed, and the mobs with an equal damage taken to blunt/h2h were just labeled as "blunt" (demilitarized). We can assume the person didn't take a MNK to every test so blunt sufficed unless it was known or discovered there was a difference. Acuexes were presumably done later in the sheet from skeletons and club/staff (assumed to be "hit" based on skeletons) which was simply now blunt in general from shorthand repetition. Thus "hit" was dropped as a shorthand due to the lack of mobs that differ between h2h and blunt. Which by the time the latest divergence NMs came into being we now have damaged and demilitarized instead of damage/d and hit.

EDIT: It is also important to note there are mobs with a difference in ranged and piercing damage as well, just like H2H/Blunt. Albumen for example is -50% ranged, and idk if he is either 100% piercing or 125% piercing like normal mandies. The piercing isn't listed, I assume the editor only did a RNG and BLM setup for albumen as magic damage (-50%) is also listed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Certain entries, all of which have the exact same kanji, get translated differently at different times. They can also give different results between in-line translation and using the actual site (translate.google.com). ^^;;; Some of the confusion you are having is due to this problem in fact. This is why machine translation has a bad rep, and why I have no confidence in the post-translation terms, so we need to be looking at the actual kanji for them. Once we have them pinned down, we won't have to do this again, so let's get it done.

I do agree with "Collision = piercing" and "Destructive = slashing", and "Breath" is in katakana, so we can call those terms fixed.

Code:
    Oil Slick, slime
    Magical Damage + 0%	Magical defense 100	Destructive damage - 50%	Collision Damage - 50%	Demilitarized damage - 75%
    被魔法ダメージ + 0%	魔防 100	被斬ダメージ - 50%	被突ダメージ - 50%	被格打ダメージ - 75%

被魔法ダメージ +0%	= Magical Damage Taken +0%
    魔防 100		= Magical Defense 100
    被斬ダメージ -50%	= 被斬 = Destructive damage -50%
    被突ダメージ -50%	= 被突 = Collision Damage -50%
    被格打ダメージ -75%	= 被格打 = Demilitarized damage -75%
    ダメージ = "Dameji", literally "Damage", so grats on just learning a tiny bit of Japanese/Engrish! :D
    I'm 90% sure that "被" means "received", at least in this context.
    被格打 = Demilitarized (in-line trans) = To beat (translate.google.com).
    Are there any mobs that we know different values for h2h_blunt vs weapon_blunt?

Code:
    Spartoi Warrior, skeleton
    被魔法ダメージ + 0%	魔防 100	被斬ダメージ - 12.5%	被突ダメージ - 50%	被格ダメージ + 12.5%	被打ダメージ + 25%
    Magical Damage + 0%	Magical defense 100	Destructive damage - 12.5%	Collision Damage - 50%	Damage + 12.5%	Hit damage + 25%

被魔法ダメージ + 0%	= Magical Damage +0%
    魔防 100		= Magical defense 100
    被斬ダメージ - 12.5%	= Destructive damage -12.5%
    被突ダメージ - 50%	= Collision Damage -50%
    被格ダメージ + 12.5%	= Damage +12.5% = 被格
    被打ダメージ + 25%	= Hit damage +25% = 被打
    Code:
    Astringent Acuex, acuex
    被魔法ダメージ + 0%(火氷光闇+50% 風土雷水-25%)	魔防 100	被斬ダメージ - 12.5%	被突ダメージ - 12.5%	被格ダメージ - 62.5%	被打ダメージ - 75%	被ブレスダメージ + 100%
    Magical damage + 0% (fire ice light dark + 50% climate thunder water - 25%)	Magical defense 100	Destructive damage - 12.5%	Collision Damage - 12.5%	Damaged damage - 62.5%	Hit damage - 75%	Breath damage + 100%

被魔法ダメージ + 0%(火氷光闇+50% 風土雷水-25%)	= Magical damage + 0% (fire ice light dark + 50% climate thunder water - 25%) ("climate" is what pops out because "wind" & "earth" and next to each other lol)
    魔防 100		= Magical defense 100
    被斬ダメージ - 12.5%	= Destructive damage -12.5%
    被突ダメージ - 12.5%	= Collision Damage -12.5%
    被格ダメージ - 62.5%	= Damaged damage -62.5%	= 被格 = "Damage" from Spartoi Warrior 
    被打ダメージ - 75%	= Hit damage -75%
    被ブレスダメージ + 100%	= Breath damage +100% (pronounced as "breath". 100% sure on this one.)
    So we can eliminate "Damaged damage" as it's own term, since it has the exact same kanji as the "Damage" entry from Spartoi Warrior.

"Demilitarized" contains the kanji from both h2h & blunt(non-h2h), so likely covers both as an umbrella "blunt" term.
    "Hit damage" contains the kanji from blunt(non-h2h).
    "Damaged damage"/"Damage" contains the kanji from h2h.

More JPwiki links:
    ダメージ = damage
    物理 = physical attribute
    格闘属性 = h2h
    打属性 = blunt (non-h2h)
    斬属性 = slashing
    突属性 = piercing
    遠隔 武器 = ranged damage... apparently gets tossed into piercing? :/

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So they are saying Acuex have damage taken -62.5% before blunt (hit damage) -75%?? That seems, wrong. I mean, I know they melt to fire compared to meleeing (+50% despite +0% to magic damage taken), but is it really that horrible for a MNK to melee where every hit that would do 100 damage is basically doing 11? Seems like it be easy to verify that by eye. Umbril take -50% to blunt and are right next to some acuex and worms at the enigmatic waypoint in Cirdas. Hit a worm, hit an umbril, then hit an acuex. Should be very noticeable.

It makes sense for statues, which they claim then take magical and physical damage -18.75% yet have either specific elemental damage taken + or - depending on the mob.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

So they are saying Acuex have damage taken -62.5% before blunt (hit damage) -75%?? That seems, wrong. I mean, I know they melt to fire compared to meleeing (+50% despite +0% to magic damage taken), but is it really that horrible for a MNK to melee where every hit that would do 100 damage is basically doing 11? Seems like it be easy to verify that by eye. Umbril take -50% to blunt and are right next to some acuex and worms at the enigmatic waypoint in Cirdas. Hit a worm, hit an umbril, then hit an acuex. Should be very noticeable.

It makes sense for statues, which they claim then take magical and physical damage -18.75% yet have either specific elemental damage taken + or - depending on the mob.
    Corrections made. Reload. ><;;

random: If Odin's Zantetsuken is used on an NM, it does breath damage. Didn't know that.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Corrections made. Reload. ><;;

random: If Odin's Zantetsuken is used on an NM, it does breath damage. Didn't know that.
    Actually important info i suppose, ill edit that page.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Actually important info i suppose, ill edit that page.
    I think the page there says it's MB'able as well off darkness element SC's, but may be non-elemental damage itself? :/ I've reread it several times and that really is what it sounds like... And translate.google.com actually confirms. MB element = dark, damage element = nonattribute. O.o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast