BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Updated spreadsheet :

>>>>> LINK HERE <<<<<

New stuff on 2nd sheet titled "New Stuff". /shocked
    Also corrected the piercing dmg for twitheryms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey Nyarlko did you find anything more on the damage type tests they had? Like specifically did they have any player ones that weren't magical, breath or physical but effected by dt?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Hey Nyarlko did you find anything more on the damage type tests they had? Like specifically did they have any player ones that weren't magical, breath or physical but effected by dt?
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what the question is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You brought up some jp testing on odd sources of dmg before. Some were weird and not effected by dt like concentric pulse/qd and I think they just said not sure exactly about player mijin. Did you ever find any talk of ones that are effected by dt but not pdt, bdt or mdt?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You brought up some jp testing on odd sources of dmg before. Some were weird and not effected by dt like concentric pulse/qd and I think they just said not sure exactly about player mijin. Did you ever find any talk of ones that are effected by dt but not pdt, bdt or mdt?
    Those were all called out specifically as exceptions to known rules, and Mijin info was directly from the page for Mijin IIRC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Right I get that that's just the lead in now read the question

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Right I get that that's just the lead in now read the question
    Not that I know of and/or remember.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

With all this testing on elemental resistances, it should be noted that Diabolos's Night Terror completely bypasses SDT and deals full damage to enemies with high darkness SDT (even 5%) even though it does darkness damage. So it's not unprecedented for certain other abilities (whether player/enemy) to be programmed to do so

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what is the deal with Dynamis Statues, do they have -50% DT or not?

Asking for filling in pages like this:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Overseer%27s_Tombstone

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    So what is the deal with Dynamis Statues, do they have -50% DT or not?

Asking for filling in pages like this:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Overseer%27s_Tombstone
    Isn't marked as such on any of the statues. If damage is low, perhaps just skyhigh defense/VIT if there isn't a gimmick involved?

Updated spreadsheet up after Jeuno[D] and Ambuscades are both up.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Isn't marked as such on any of the statues. If damage is low, perhaps just skyhigh defense/VIT if there isn't a gimmick involved?

Updated spreadsheet up after Jeuno[D] and Ambuscades are both up.
    JP wiki has old statues at a 50% MDT and lists high defense and an unspecified PDT. Given my damage on DRG against the mid bosses with buffs, it certainly feels like -75% and not -25% from the piercing penalty. Just feels like it, maybe the bubble is generally dead or something, not like I intently watch that though.

As far as the sheet, ive noticed there are times things are left out, not because they are 100%, but because they didn't test that and don't note it. See how statues from old dyna don't have the same SDTs listed or how piercing bonuses often don't include ranged, but it should likely apply to both. While leaving mostly accurate info behind is much better than none, I still wish it was completely noted so i could leave it as a ? or clear it as one easier.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    JP wiki has old statues at a 50% MDT and lists high defense and an unspecified PDT. Given my damage on DRG against the mid bosses with buffs, it certainly feels like -75% and not -25% from the piercing penalty. Just feels like it, maybe the bubble is generally dead or something, not like I intently watch that though.

As far as the sheet, ive noticed there are times things are left out, not because they are 100%, but because they didn't test that and don't note it. See how statues from old dyna don't have the same SDTs listed or how piercing bonuses often don't include ranged, but it should likely apply to both. While leaving mostly accurate info behind is much better than none, I still wish it was completely noted so i could leave it as a ? or clear it as one easier.
    Old Statues do not equal New Statues. Absolutely nothing at all strange if they have different defensive stats. Are we sure there are no gimmicks involved with the midboss' apparent DT-? Maybe if you clear out the zone of trash before pulling the midboss, it takes normal damage, etc. Maybe they just have skyhigh defense/VIT.

Their side wasn't testing for non-magical stuff at all originally. All of the physical info is newer additions and is trying to catch up. But if our side is able to successfully test/confirm something that is not listed over there, there is nothing wrong with including it here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The mid-bosses either have 0 or minimal PDT (I forget), but they have crazy high defense, and debuff bubbles are nerfed to 1/4 potency on Dynamis-D boss monsters, so Frailty isn't lowering their defense nearly as much as usual.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The mid-bosses either have 0 or minimal PDT (I forget), but they have crazy high defense, and debuff bubbles are nerfed to 1/4 potency on Dynamis-D boss monsters, so Frailty isn't lowering their defense nearly as much as usual.
    That would explain the numbers Spicy saw on DRG then.. Only bubbles get nerfed or all debuffs? If just bubbles, then could always stack up everything else and wreck house. ^^

Dia III (15%) + Box Step (13-23%) + Defense Down (20%-33%) = up to def-71% without GEO. There are plenty of sources for Def Down, so you should be able to count on at least +20%, and probably +25%, in that slot.

Slap on Choke and maybe ABS-VIT to help a bit more if available?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't know if more than just debuff bubbles are nerfed.

This isn't the place, but I don't know where is.

You know what's a fantastic idea; make GEO so overpowered that it's used everywhere, all the time, always, then nerf it on specific events.

#squarelogic

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    This isn't the place, but I don't know where is.

You know what's a fantastic idea; make GEO so overpowered that it's used everywhere, all the time, always, then nerf it on specific events.

#squarelogic
    Def -40% for 2000def = 800def
    Def -10% for 8000def = 800def

Probably that kind of logic. They may have been trying to allow for a tiny bit of challenge. XD
    Might not be only geo bubbles, but all debuffs that get effect reduced too.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait, how do we know this?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There was testing done on it back when Dyna Sandy-D came out, after people noticed that Frailty wasn't doing nearly as much as it should.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There was testing done on it back when Dyna Sandy-D came out, after people noticed that Frailty wasn't doing nearly as much as it should.
    That should honestly be retested since they have already done stat adjustments to that boss...