Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some testing of nukes and low skillchain percentage enemies, using my RDM with maximum MACC. All damage is judged based on an elemental nuke of the same tier that the mob doesn't resist.

Gnarring Yztarg (level ~112): 25% Scission
    In 100 casts, Stone did 1/2 damage 100 times.
    In 1 cast with Elemental Seal, Stone did 1/2 damage

Cliffclinger Toad (level ~108): 20% Reverberation
    In 100 casts, Water did 1/2 damage 100 times.
    In 1 cast with Elemental Seal, Water did 1/2 damage.

Celaeno (level ~100): 15% Detonation
    In 100 casts, Aero did 1/2 damage 100 times.
    In 1 cast with Elemental Seal, Aero did 1/2 damage.

Svelldrake (level ~85): 10% Detonation
    In 200 casts, Aero did 1/16 damage 194 times, 1/8 damage 1 time, 1/4 damage 1 time, and 1/2 damage 4 times.
    In 3 casts with Elemental Seal, Aero did 1/16 damage 2 times, and 1/4 damage 1 time.

Water Elemental (level ~20): 5% Reverberation
    In 50 casts, Water did 1/16 damage 50 times.
    In 3 casts with Elemental Seal, Water did 1/16 3 times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm so the next break is 10% they seemed to think under 20% but only mentioned 10% mobs so that's good to know. Kind of confirms it's resistance outside of macc and the sdt and seems to indicate their rarely got full dmg with subtle sorcery was due to this but still avoiding sdt. Gunna need to retether to really look stuff up and try to figure values but that should help a bit

Side holy heck at getting so many 100/100's on the higher ones. Meanwhile i still occasionally get 1/8 resist as a 99 blm with ES against lvl 0 mobs without much in way of resist

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone want to take a stab at updating the resist page with this new information?

Starting to mess around with the Qutrubs first as a proofing ground for adding the new information.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll try when I get real internet lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'll try when I get real internet lol
    Tyvm, we are in a lack of manpower world. It wouldn't get changed otherwise.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Would you prefer it in an Excel or is text file fine?
    Could you provide us with a clean excel output please?

Something like this? Minus the location part.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Could you provide us with a clean excel output please?

Something like this? Minus the location part.
    Link is broken. Can you repost the example please?

As long as it's nothing fancy, my extremely rusty Excel skills should be able to handle it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Link is broken.
    Yeah Chia told me that too. :l

Doesn't matter as long as it is consistent really. Your best judgement works here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

So something like this:
    Spoiler: show

----------------------
    Or something like this:

Would one of those work? Neither should take a huge amount of processing. The first one is reformatted and might be a bit easier to snag data out of. The second one is basically copy/paste from the text file. If you want any specific features, don't be shy and say so. XD I'm leaning towards the first option myself since it seems that it might be easier to import/convert when everything from each mob is on one line.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The first format would take a single line of python to parse from an exported csv. I would recommend that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Naming the resists by skillchain elements seems completely unnecessary, at a glance it's far more useful to see the simple element names like Fire, Wind, etc. when you want to know an enemy's elemental resistances. If for some reason you're so inclined to want to use a single element skillchain on an enemy using that data, it's far easier to just turn translate Fire -> Liquefaction yourself, since everyone has those memorized anyway. The more relevant and useful info for a wiki page like this is to just give the actual element names to avoid confusion, especially for anyone not familiar with this system

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Naming the resists by skillchain elements seems completely unnecessary, at a glance it's far more useful to see the simple element names like Fire, Wind, etc. when you want to know an enemy's elemental resistances. If for some reason you're so inclined to want to use a single element skillchain on an enemy using that data, it's far easier to just turn translate Fire -> Liquefaction yourself, since everyone has those memorized anyway. The more relevant and useful info for a wiki page like this is to just give the actual element names to avoid confusion, especially for anyone not familiar with this system
    It's plenty easy enough to do a replace-all on stuff like that. That's actually how I planned on removing all of that from each of the individual entries.

----------------------------------------

I'm not going to bother trying to relearn everything about Excel that I've forgotten, and am just going to do this manually, so it may take a bit (there are nearly 4,000 lines to mess with,) but will get done. ^^;;

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    The first format would take a single line of python to parse from an exported csv. I would recommend that.
    That is what we are doing, so yes Nyarlko first way as long as the columns are consistent. So depending on the information Special might need to be broken up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    That is what we are doing, so yes Nyarlko first way as long as the columns are consistent. So depending on the information Special might need to be broken up.
    Done w/ the reformatting and standardization work, working on breaking up the names/locations and then I'm done! Everything should work fine at this point except for Arciela (multiple entries due to 2x actual versions of her, plus 2x stances with diff values per version), HTB mobs will have to be treated diff due to how MDB varies w/ difficulty, and I don't remember offhand what the physical damage type weaknesses translate to so I left them as is and those will need to be corrected. I left stuff like "Magical Defense" in just in case you wanted to replace-all it with something else.

Here's what I'm looking at now:

EDIT: And here's a link to the completed excel since I remembered how to automate it! Link here for the completed Excel spreadsheet.

One of the fun things with this project is that I'm picking up some of the proper pronunciations for certain mob names.. Like "Bhoot" does not have a silent "h" and it's closer to "B'hoot", and "Cehuetzi" starts w/ an "S" sound, and Hydra mobs in Dynamis don't fully count as Undead for story reasons. ^^

BTW, they already cracked the Qutrubs in Ambuscade this month. lol
    Bozetto Bigwig, Magical Damage + 900%, Magical Defense 200, 50% 40% 40% 50% 10% 30% 40% 10%
    Bozetto Tormenter, Magical Damage + 100%, Magical Defense 200, 100% 85% 85% 100% 30% 60% 85% 30%

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's a story reason for Dynamis Hydras not being undead? I always assumed it was just so that they didn't have to muck with the WHMs' AI so they didn't cure themselves to death.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There's a story reason for Dynamis Hydras not being undead? I always assumed it was just so that they didn't have to muck with the WHMs' AI so they didn't cure themselves to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    A multinational teaching unit formed at the time of the quartz war. Though it was put into the Zarqabad match, it was swallowed by the dream world Dunamis with a part of the Beast Clan army immediately after that.
    Even if I fought, even though I fought despite the longevity of my soul in Dunamis, I continued to fight against beastperson day and night for 20 years in order to return to the former body and resuscitate, resulting in battle madness and loss of sanity.
    Because it is a living human being and it is not an undead, drain and aspir can pass.
    Sounds pretty shitty to me.. I have gained a new willingness to lay those poor souls to rest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    All ITG mobs don't fully count as their families and a lot of older ones don't count at all. Dynamis is one of the more notoriously examples of this where I think all the nightmare mobs have ( or at least used to have) no actual family type. They might have just forgotten to switch it back when they changed dynamis to have non ITGs

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty sure Dynamis is the only example of mobs not actually being their families. Stuff like killer effects work on normal ITG enemies just fine (even if they're reduced in potency because of NM status).

The Dynamis Hydras are the only shadows in the game that are not undead.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think the only other example is that Ahriman NM in an Adoulin quest that's an undead instead of a demon (due to story reasons).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm pretty sure some other old nms were full too. Like seem to remember some people being mad the newer family debuff stuff wouldn't work on old content. But that stuff wasn't really kept track of. Regardless it's definitely a dynamis thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast