FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    it's too neat of an ending I think because Lindeloff said there may not be season 2, he said yesterday he pitched the show as True Detective where if someone else wants to come in they can but currently he has no plans for season 2 because he's out of ideas
    https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-f...erview-925847/

(His quote has finale spoilers)

Spoiler: show
    Let’s for a second assume that there are two possible outcomes for what happens when Angela takes a step onto the swimming pool. Outcome number one is that she just sinks to the bottom of it and just misunderstood everything that Cal told her and ate a raw egg and should probably go be treated for salmonella.

Outcome number two is that she starts to walk on water and realize that she is imbued with godlike powers. That would certainly explain the promotional poster for Watchmen that we put out there 15 weeks ago; she’s certainly looking a bit blue there. Let’s just say either of those possibilities exist. I think neither one of those stories are going to particularly make for a compelling season of television. Others may disagree. But that’s my feeling.

I do have a desire for there to be more Watchmen. Maybe these nine episodes have demonstrated that the playing field is a little bit larger than previously thought.

It may inspire someone else to tell a Watchmen story. But right now, I don’t have any more ideas. Whether you call something a limited series or an ongoing series, that’s fodder for awards consideration. I’m not comfortable calling this anything other than nine complete episodes with a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no promise of a continuation.

I would rather have a retelling of the comic with the original ending

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Reclassified as a Limited Series, HBO Teases Possible Sequel Series
    https://deadline.com/2020/02/watchme...bo-1202865763/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I do hope there is another season, but I don't think we need to see more Tulsa. An anthology series is fine.

What are the odds of them getting Robert Redford to do a cameo of himself? I was hoping to see that all season.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

So I finally watched this over the last few days. It may be one of my favorite shows I've watched in the last 5 years. Episode 6 and 8 have to be in the top 10 of my favorite episodes of television ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5