+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

EU doesnt allow separatist regions to join Union, what would happen if after Spain government replace Catalan leaders and call to elections, separatists win again lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Why would the EU have a problem with this if Catalonia remains in the union?
    Catalonia would not 'remain in the union' as the member state is Spain, the only interlocutor (new word) as the EU has recently stated.

While Catalonia would like to retain the euro, it would have to reapply for EU membership, a process most certain to take years. Meanwhile, trade with EU members would immediately be problematic. Catalonia is responsible for over 25% of Spain's exports (and some 19% of Spain's GDP and 16% of its population).

The EU would only recognize an independent state provided a referendum with Madrid's blessing, as it's not interested in fragmentation of its member states.

The position of the EU and the European leaders on Catalonian independence has been one of self-preservation. Separatism exists in France, Italy, Germany, Belgium and the UK – none of which want to encourage divisions at home by supporting the Catalonian separatist cause. According to this hypothesis, if the EU encouraged Catalonia to separate from Spain, whether because it was guaranteed EU membership or because the EU leaders intervened in favour of the separatist goals, Spain could reciprocate if separatism flared up elsewhere in the EU.
    oversimplified but yeah

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

This seems important

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

One of the princes was also arrested yesterday on corruption charges.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    One of the princes was also arrested yesterday on corruption charges.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    A prince worth 32 billion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post

This seems important
    0% chance the crash wasn't arranged.

BG Level

that may be a little Homelandey but bin-Salman is moving against the reactionary members of the House of Saud + their supportive clerical establishment and consolidating power in a hurry. Saudi Arabia is so riddled with corruption it is difficult to tell if he is actually purging the worst offenders or merely striking against potential alternative loci of power, much as Xi Jinping recently did with his anti-corruption purges. it should have been noted with his deft outmaneuvering of his cousin, the former declared crown prince, but it is clear in addition to being a western-friendly reformer the man is a rough and tumble player of power politics.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I wish I knew more about Saudi politics, I know this is fucking huge but I can't wrap my brain around it all because I have no idea who is who

they all look the same to you huh, real classy

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    they all look the same to you huh, real classy
    not only that their names all sound the same

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I guess my real question is what/who will be impacted in US by the freezing of these multi-billion dollar accounts?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

mayo clinic, for one. there are whole floors of mayo's rochester campus dedicated to VIP visitors, among them saudi princes.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

MBS becoming the one stop shop for Saudi corruption will make it much easier for America to continue funding terrorism and war crimes. Props

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

pipo are saying iran and saudi on the brink of war, who am i supporting? the saudis right? someone give me enough info to pretend I know something pls ty

BG Level

obviously supporting the saudis is the default american establishment choice

cool kids will be supporting the iranians though

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

i noticed trump sent out this tweet like right when all those duders got arrested what does it all mean

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    pipo are saying iran and saudi on the brink of war, who am i supporting? the saudis right? someone give me enough info to pretend I know something pls ty
    the nations are not near war. they are engaged in a few proxy conflicts, mainly in Yemen and Syria where, surprisingly, the Saudis are supporting the Sunni factions and the Iranians are supporting the Shia factions, but their present public squabbling aside they won't be entering a conventional conflict any time soon. they are in a geopolitical contest for influence and control in the Middle East, a very old Sunni Arab v Shia Persian struggle, and one that generally places the Saudis in the American sphere and the Iranians opposed to it.

neither side is exactly what one would call a pillar of morality, or even a pebble of morality, but the Saudis have mostly proven faithful American allies who are presently liberalizing their society while the Iranians are attempting to establish a so-called Shia crescent across the region by supporting actors like Hamas, Hezbollah, Bashar al-Assad, and the Houthi Rebels; a coalition of terrorists and genocidal tyrants and genocidal terrorist tyrants. in both ethical and geopolitical terms the question of whom to support is clear.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Is it Iran? I think he means Iran.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

meant to thank you for the explanation AG

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...med-bin-Salman

This seems huge:

KING Salman is reportedly preparing to make his son Prince Mohammed bin Salman the ruler of Saudi Arabia in a shock move following a corruption purge, reports claim.

BG Level

He's 81 years old and is widely believed to have dementia, shouldn't be too shocking he's handing it over to his obvious successor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag