Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

La Velue NM in Battallia (S)

Tried searching the forums for "La Velue" and the search results gave a bunch of threads that had thousands of posts...

Anyway, I've been trying to camp this NM, and other online sites say the placeholder is ID 112. Despite having camped for several days, I have yet to see this NM pop. Could someone confirm (or debunk) whether ID 112 is in fact the actual placeholder?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I always just killed all the tigers near that region, and he always popped fairly quickly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

iirc different programs got different IDs. And I seem to remember years back a lot of IDs changed (at least some of my old personal list had changed). iirc we have a thread around here somewhere about dat modding nms so any easy way is to go by the old widescan info when no one else is around killing and use that mobs ID. If you killing multiple could just kill all around there and mark which one doesn't repop when nm does

Thank you both; I'll try clearing all the tigers first to see if it helps. I'm camping on thf/dnc. If not, I'll sub /rng or /bst next and looking for the groupings I've read online.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You no longer need /bst or /rng to use wide scan. All jobs get access to what used to the range RNG had at Lv1 before the change.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    You no longer need /bst or /rng to use wide scan. All jobs get access to what used to the range RNG had at Lv1 before the change.
    The size of widescan you get without RNG or BST depends on the job. Some are the same size as level 1 RNG, while others are much smaller.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Once you're above Lv20 on any job, your wide scan range is 100Ym, the same was Wide scan II. It's only smaller if you are between Lv1 and 19.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nearly sure that's untrue; when I tested it, jobs of the same level had widely varying ranges.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Better get to changing https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Wide_Scan if you feel so strongly about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Either way you get way more /rng

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I don't think that it actually had that big a range tbh. I did as THF/BLM and had no issues finding the PH/NM on widescan at any time (that they were not dead.) It does have a rather large spawn window IIRC (2-3hrs?), so if you were camping for 1-2hrs at a time, it's quite possible that someone else snagged it in between your camping sessions.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Off the top of my head that isn't the same Id I remember. But it's been a while. I just used the target info or whatever the windowed add on is that puts a black square on screen with the id and junk in it. I haven't had the Id given by old wiki be wrong yet for anything I've used it on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also for me it was pretty much always just bout an hour on repop. I've camped him prolly 3-4 times

Thought I'd share some of my finding:

1) placeholder is indeed ID 112 using windower plugin and is the 10th Smilodon in the list of 29 when using /rng and scanning at the intersection of G/H-8 and G/H-7
    2) placeholder spawns in NW corner of G-8 near planar rift
    3) La Velue on the other hand seems to spawn near intersection of G/H-8 and G/H-7 at the top of the hill with three stone pillars
    4) thf/rng and thf/dnc do indeed have different lists on widescan and /rng gives a slightly larger scan area (and longer mob list)
    5) placeholders respawn every 5 Earth minutes

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by boogers View Post
    Thought I'd share some of my finding:

1) placeholder is indeed ID 112 using windower plugin and is the 10th Smilodon in the list of 29 when using /rng and scanning at the intersection of G/H-8 and G/H-7
    2) placeholder spawns in NW corner of G-8 near planar rift
    3) La Velue on the other hand seems to spawn near intersection of G/H-8 and G/H-7 at the top of the hill with three stone pillars
    4) thf/rng and thf/dnc do indeed have different lists on widescan and /rng gives a slightly larger scan area (and longer mob list)
    5) placeholders respawn every 5 Earth minutes
    Updated The Wiki