Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Bruins have beaten le Habs twice in a row!! OOOOOLE OLEEE OLEE OLEEEEEEEEEE

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Bad Surprises
    Chicago
    Edmonton (Guess they learned that going in the playoffs removed them the chance for first pick)
    Yes it is. And now Crawford has vertigo and is likely out for the rest of the season. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Rene Rancort retiring after this year

Fuck these refs. Kessel slashes Vermette on a breakaway chance no call and leads to a 2nd powerplay goal for Pittsburg. All 7 goals have been scored on the far end of the rink.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Yes it is. And now Crawford has vertigo and is likely out for the rest of the season. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU..
    Chicago wasnt a bad surprise. Theyre too top heavy. Toews Kane Saad Seabrook Keith Crawford are 45.4 mil, or 60% of the salary cap. That leaves 29.6 mil for 17 additional players: 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, a backup goaltender, and 3 additional players riding pine. And thats not including the massive gimme the league gave them by letting Hossa come off the books.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Chicago wasnt a bad surprise. Theyre too top heavy. Toews Kane Saad Seabrook Keith Crawford are 45.4 mil, or 60% of the salary cap. That leaves 29.6 mil for 17 additional players: 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, a backup goaltender, and 3 additional players riding pine. And thats not including the massive gimme the league gave them by letting Hossa come off the books.
    We definitely had a deep discussion about how fucked Chicago was at the start of the season, didn't we?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We did, but some people still think "they have Kane and Toews, theyre gonna kill it". The same way Edmonton is faring with McJesus.

Even Toronto seems to be having problems now, and Matthews is still on his ELC!!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is Toronto doing that badly? I mean I hate to admit it, and sorry Obs but I love seeing Toronto fail and suffer, but they're still in a pretty decent situation. 3rd in their division, 11(!!!) points up on the closest divisional rival and 4-3-3 in their last 10 which isn't ideal but isn't a dire situation by any stretch. And cap wise, while it's tight this season, by the end they're dropping like a good $13mil in salary and the biggest contract they need to figure out for next season is Nylander. They still have 2 years to sort out Matthews and Marner. Marleau is definitely the worst contract on that team given the age and price, but all things considered they're in a pretty good spot.

But yeah, Chicago is fucked unless the cap goes up by like $5~10mil quickly here and Edmonton is already fucked given their inept GM and McJesus' contract hasn't even kicked in yet.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

4-3-3 is .550, which isnt terrible, but if you look at those OTLs as Ls, its 4-6 last 10. Also, theyve scored 26 goals in regulation in those last 10, which is a solid 2.6 G/GP. If you factor out the 7 goals in one game against Arizona, thats 19 goals in 9 games. 2.1 G/GP wont cut it.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

If you look at how Toronto was playing at the beginning of the season and how they're playing now, they look like different teams. The high-flying offense was unsustainable and they were giving up way too many high-danger chances as a result, so they're now focusing hard on playing better defensively, and with an 11 point cushion on a playoff spot, they can afford the growing pains of becoming more defensively responsible as a team. It's also a team that is less than two seasons removed from being the last place team in the league, and a team that arguably overachieved. The Leafs have also played the most games of any team in the league so far, even after their week off.

There's also some weird player management shit going on like Leo Komarov leading all forwards in ice team (for the second time in two weeks) and Roman Polak being inexplicably stabled to the line-up. Dermott has looked real good in the few games he's played so far though so hopefully once Zaitsev is back Polak will see significantly less use.

As for money, Lupul, JVR, Bozak and Komarov are all up at the end of this season. I can't see more than one of those players returning and none of them will make more than they are currently if they do. Marleau's contract is designed to be traded away at some point but he's been a great add so far. The cap is not our enemy, shallow depth at D and a generally weaker D-core are the immediate problems facing the Leafs.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That makes sense. The only things I’ve heard about them as of late have been how they’ve been boring to watch offensively, but given Babcock and his coaching style and what he’s said already about the team earlier this year, it makes sense that he’d reel in the offensive to stabilize defensive play. Calgary went through very similar growing pains with Gulutzan when he first started coaching last year.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

We've blown more third period leads this week than we have the entire rest of the season combined. Fuck me.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Perds with a clutch late win against PHX; dominated play, just couldn't hit the back of the net. Down 2-1 with ~2:30 left, Ellis sniped one to send it to OT where Smith rang one right off the crossbar. Won in R4 of the shootout and now back in the driver's seat in the Central with 2/4 games in hand on WPG/STL, respectively. Vamos los perds!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vegas winning sucks. But SJ losing and LA currently on pace to lose are both awesome

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Rielly questionable for Saturday and RNH out 5-6 weeks with cracked ribs. Shattenkirk out forever with a torn meniscus.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Dustin Brown fined $10k for the boarding on Schultz last night. Was a 5min major + Misconduct called on the play. I thought he should have got at least a game for doing something that stupid.

And I guess Malkin fined $5k for spearing Brown much to the delight of everyone else in the league.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Spearing should really be a mandatory one game suspension.

Also Perry elbowed Letang in the head last night so I'm sure he'll be getting a phone call.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Not so much as a peep about Perry on the DoPS twitter feed. He's playing tonight vs the Kings.

There's gonna be a bunch of fighting tonight!

Closed Thread
Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast