+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

GW2: Recent Accomplishment Thread II

All these years and Twilight still delivers; odd they haven't come up with something that eclipses it, design wise.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/guardian/c...b-build-guide/

qt posted a more in depth Firebrand build/rotation than mine if you haven't fiddled with it yet

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    All these years and Twilight still delivers; odd they haven't come up with something that eclipses it, design wise.
    Hard to beat a sword where a blade is pretty much a window into the cosmos.

Also post to fix the page issue.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/guardian/c...b-build-guide/

qt posted a more in depth Firebrand build/rotation than mine if you haven't fiddled with it yet
    Jesus it really does feel like Engineer all over again

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Halloween has begun. Every event from the first 3 years, minigames achievements etc, are currently available as well as a bunch of new armors/weapons, mount races in the labyrinth, and halloween mount skins.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh man, screw that tower run game; shit was so frustrating to do that first Halloween. So much platforming in that game and the controls/world model interactions just weren't done well enough for how frustratingly hard some of it was; I still have nightmares about the huge, underground maze in the WvWvW pvp zone, though I did get really damn good at running it.

Pretty much most of their other events were a lot of fun though and were pointedly unique to this game; they are something I wish other games would have incorporated. To this day, nothing has beat the Hunger Royal game they had.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

my favorite part of halloween

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Oh man, screw that tower run game; shit was so frustrating to do that first Halloween. So much platforming in that game and the controls/world model interactions just weren't done well enough for how frustratingly hard some of it was; I still have nightmares about the huge, underground maze in the WvWvW pvp zone, though I did get really damn good at running it.

Pretty much most of their other events were a lot of fun though and were pointedly unique to this game; they are something I wish other games would have incorporated. To this day, nothing has beat the Hunger Royal game they had.
    It took me awhile but I finally got the hang of it.

Think I got half of the Lunatic armor last night. From achievements/events.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Legendary #3: Astralaria. Most demanding one yet. Next up: Sharur. Or a suit of legendary armor. Haven't decided yet.

BG Level

Nice. I'm kinda waiting to see what the new scepter looks like before I decide on another legendary. In the meantime I'm just doing low tier fractals til I get more AR/saving up for my griffon mount.

I would love to do raids but afraid the time to jump on them is long pass.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wintersday jump puzzle is tons of money right now, can get a griffon in a day or two of grinding

BG Level

True. I should think of doing that instead of using up the presents since there isn't anything I really want

BG Level

Not much of a huge achievement but finally got into expert tier fractals for my personal level. Kind of stuck there til I can get more ascended armor though.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

HI all, sorry to bump this for a question but I know I can get solid answers quickly here. My neice is turning 12 soon and her parents are are going to let her play a mmorpg with me. I think this could be a good fit but a few questions.

Is the story at least decent?
    Does she have to pvp at all?
    Can we duo everything (at least main quest stuff)

We won't play a ton each week so progress will be slow. I don't mind . ( I'm doing SW:tor wth her brother and I just can't stomach another go at that game so I hope GW2 might fit the bill)

BG Level

Is the story at least decent?
    Not really. The initial story is pretty weak. Though it does pick up with Living World Season 3 (More on those later).

Does she have to pvp at all?
    No. PVP is completely separate.

Can we duo everything (at least main quest stuff)
    For the most part, yes. The only time you need to group is for the story mode for dungeons (with all of them except the final being completely optional to complete the main story) everything else past that can be done solo or in a group, including the living world stories.

If you're curious the core game is free and can give you a feel for what to do. However expansions/living world chapters will cost you.

BG Level

Not super amazing but finished the new mount:

Also started the achievements for Astralaria since with the changes to Mesmer it looks like Dragonhunter took a hell of a hit in usefulness compared to Firebrand. So far it's not bad minus the first collection will take me 2 weeks to complete since one of the items needed comes from another collection achievement and you can only get the items from that once per day.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Started playing after the Bless debacle. Been having a blast with world exploration and just ignoring most of what usually makes me hate MMOs. There's some stupid shit sprinkled in their shop, but at least the game is decent. Got my Jackal yesterday, gonna finish up the beetle soon. Quest was broken when I had time to do it.

So far the only thing I hate is feeling like I *need* that copper fed salvaging machine and those infinite use gathering tools. But then you can just farm them yourself, I guess..

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been playing since beta and I still don't have a copper fed or infinite tools. I can't justify QoL for a gold price that I'll never pay off in my lifetime in terms of gold saved from not having to buy salvage kits/tools.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That's where I'm at with it, each tool is 1k, salvaging machine is 800..they're pretty much the same price I paid for expansions themselves. I'd say I'd make it back in gold but I have no idea if I'll stick with it that long yet and this has been the biggest reason why I think like that. I'm cramped just doing basic tasks, what of when/if I take the game seriously? Will it be manageable or a nightmare of cash shop perks?

I just have a lot of inventory problems looming right now. Manageable but by far the worst experience I've had with the game is having to run and rebuy tools and salvaging equipment and all signs point to "you were meant to use these in a shared slot!"

New player problems I guess. I've seen larger bags and the like, just don't have them yet.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea once you have bigger/more bags it becomes less of a problem. I carry 10 basic kits, 1 mystic kit (in shared slot), and an extra set of orichalcum tools on me in addition to my equipped set. Generally I only have to reload basic kits a couple times a day and mystic once every few weeks cause I only salvage cheap rares with it. PoF farm in Istan makes your salvage kit usage go down a fair bit since you can sell the unidentified scraps for nearly what they're worth material wise.

My problem with the copper fed kit is that it would take actual years worth of basic salvage kits to be worth the gold used to buy the gems. Same issue I have with tools, and quite frankly tools aren't a huge problem to replace.