BG Level

I have to hope the NFLPA would stand up to that

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And do what? It's pretty clear at this point that the NFLPA has zero power or leverage when it comes to well... anything.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

To: Chief Executives/ Club Presidents
    Date: October 10, 2017
    Re: Fall Meeting/National Anthem
    We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.
    I’m very proud of our players and owners who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to address the underlying issues within their communities. At our September committee meetings, we heard directly from several players about why these issues are so important to them and how we can support their work. And last week, we met with the leadership of the NFLPA and more players to advance the dialogue.
    Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.
    Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week’s League meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country. We want to ensure that any work at the League level is consistent with the work that each club is doing in its own community, and that we dedicate a platform that can enable these initiatives to succeed. Additionally, we will continue the unprecedented dialogue with our players.
    I expect and look forward to a full and open discussion of these issues when we meet next week in New York. Everyone involved in the game needs to come together on a path forward to continue to be a force for good within our communities, protect the game, and preserve our relationship with fans throughout the country. The NFL is at its best when we ourselves are unified. In that spirit, let’s resolve that next week we will meet this challenge in a unified and positive way.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    And do what? It's pretty clear at this point that the NFLPA has zero power or leverage when it comes to well... anything.
    They have power and leverage when it comes time to negotiate the next CBA, although that's a few years away.

I wouldn't think the NFL is allowed to pass new rules affecting the players unilaterally

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Dick Sherman was right when he said players need to be willing to strike

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Jerry started the ball rolling.

Tbh the NFL should've done this way earlier. Players using NFL broadcasting as a platform to send a political message the league itself isn't promoting doesn't make sense.
    Let the players get politically active on their own time, like the ones that actually care about causes already do.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Jerry started the ball rolling.

Tbh the NFL should've done this way earlier. Players using NFL broadcasting as a platform to send a political message the league itself isn't promoting doesn't make sense.
    Let the players get politically active on their own time, like the ones that actually care about causes already do.
    clearly its just a matter of visibility, aside from kaepernick and shawn merriman's coat drive idk what a single player does. looks like thats what they plan to address from that letter.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't understand why they are still kneeling.

You brought attention to your issue, you had a successful peaceful protest with a message that rippled throughout the country in both positive and negative ways but in the end got your message out and into everyone's view.

What's your next step? Sitting every week at this point does not accomplish anything towards your goal. The lines are open, start your dialogues, take it to the next step, donate or do something. Communicate. Your protest was successful so get to the next point.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Dick Sherman was right when he said players need to be willing to strike
    They won't tho. The majority of the NFL is only in for a few years, they can't afford to have paychecks taken away. And unlike the other major sports, there no reasonably sized alternate league to play for. The Richard Shermans of the world would be fine to strike, but the no name players making up the bulk of the rosters are not, and would eventually force the PA to give in.

If the NFLPA had even an ounce of leverage they would have never agreed to the current situation of Goodell as God Emperor of player discipline, but they don't, and thus here we are.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    They won't tho. The majority of the NFL is only in for a few years, they can't afford to have paychecks taken away. And unlike the other major sports, there no reasonably sized alternate league to play for. The Richard Shermans of the world would be fine to strike, but the no name players making up the bulk of the rosters are not, and would eventually force the PA to give in.

If the NFLPA had even an ounce of leverage they would have never agreed to the current situation of Goodell as God Emperor of player discipline, but they don't, and thus here we are.
    thats why its such a predicament! If they were willing to strike the no-namers would prob make more money but the no-namers also can't give up the money. I mean technically they could cuz owners would crumble after a year. but whatever.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

You brought attention to your issue, you had a successful peaceful protest with a message that rippled throughout the country in both positive and negative ways but in the end got your message out and into everyone's view.

What's your next step? Sitting every week at this point does not accomplish anything towards your goal. The lines are open, start your dialogues, take it to the next step, donate or do something. Communicate. Your protest was successful so get to the next point.
    idk man last i saw police are still murdering blacks, saw a video of one last night in fact!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

But kneeling isn't changing that.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

But kneeling isn't changing that.
    That is why they continue to kneel, to continue trying to bring attention to the fact that its not getting fixed lol. Which of course has been distorted into what it is. It's not their fault that literally no one aside from black people seem to care that police are allowed to murder black people.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm saying they need to do more than kneel cause clearly it's doing nothing.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

i mean there's really nothing to do until cops start murdering more white people. the yoga lady in minnesota was a good start.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

She was a bitch.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

I think we all know there is no next step. This message has no real thought behind it.
    I mean if dudes actually wanted to do something phone up former NFL player Jim Brown and join his street-level cause.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

No, you're saying they need to stop kneeling.

(the moment they stop is the moment their cause dies because they cease to receive publicity)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

How is it clearly doing nothing, when we've reached the point where the President and VP are weighing in on the issue daily?

The protest has been wildly successful, bringing a ton of attention to its purpose.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I suppose, I don't really like it but they shouldn't be forced to stop.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast