1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Full Patch Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The fact that apartments aren't infinite is just baffling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Apartments were sold out too. Haven't checked since the update if they are already sold out. Just makes 4,000 more housing instances SE, wtf you making it so hard for?
    It's also an issue with housing wards being 70% smalls, 20% mediums, and 10% large houses

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Apartments were sold out too. Haven't checked since the update if they are already sold out. Just makes 4,000 more housing instances SE, wtf you making it so hard for?
    How much do you want your sub to go up?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...g-in-Patch-4.1

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiP
    Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida.

Patch 4.1 saw the introduction of the residential area, Shirogane, and though we are pleased to see so many players enjoying this area, we also received a great deal of feedback regarding this newest addition to housing.

While a great number of you were interested in either purchasing or relocating to a plot in Shirogane, we failed to prepare sufficient plots for players, and for that I deeply apologize.

This problem was only made worse by the increased stress on the servers from players rushing to log in after the end of maintenance. As a result, the system implemented to prevent players from abusing the relocation feature failed to function properly, preventing some players from relocating altogether.

Although this issue will be addressed in today’s hotfix, we understand this does not address the underlying issue. In light of the feedback we have received, we will be working to bolster our servers in preparation for additional wards in the Lavender Beds, the Goblet, Mist, and Shirogane by patch 4.2.

We’ve also received considerable feedback as to how they should be added, and we will be making an announcement outlining the number of new wards and how they will be sold after reviewing said feedback. To prevent speculation, we will refrain from releasing information until absolutely necessary. We ask for your patience and understanding until we can provide you with these details.

I hope we can count on your continued support, and that you all will continue to enjoy the various new content added in patch 4.1.
    I guess this is the answer to why some people claim to have been mysteriously and randomly banned after the servers came up, and why a lot of people reported that they were first to the placard but got error messages saying their purchase couldn't be completed, only to watch someone else snatch it up. (This might have happened to the guy who was trying to get the plot I ended up with as well - he was standing at the placard but hadn't bought the house).

I hope they do restrict players to having 1 FC house and 1 personal house per server, but add account-wide house sharing so a player's alts can use the single personal house too instead of each alt needing to own their own personal house. It makes the most sense that way and should cut down on a lot of redundant house-owning.
    It will be funny if people are forced to give up their alt's houses. I wonder if the salt from that would outweigh the salt from the players who don't have any houses.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I love how everyone (with a brain) on reddit called exactly what yoshida would say minus the "countermeasure."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Based on my experience I would say some people were in a rush and didn't read the options to buy. I lost out on a large because I quickly selected the 1st buy option instead of the 3rd relocate option. Was lucky enough to still snag a Med to upgrade from the tiny Cottage I paid like 10m more for.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It was a stupid system since the beginning since it has always been based on who can first logon. There isn't really a good way for them to do it with how limited everything is. Even if they set a time of day when they all go live it will just mean 50+ people are camping every single plot for that very second

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There is a way to do it that is not based on fastest-login, and the mechanism already exists: lottery.

1) Buy a lotto ticket for specific plot at appropriate deposit amount
    2) Drawings will be held on weekly reset days
    3) Mog delivery notifies you that you have won, collect within whatever the estate build window is (2 weeks?) or your deposit is refunded and the plot goes back in the lotto queue

This would also stop plot sales, as new property would go back into the lottery queue.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    There is a way to do it that is not based on fastest-login...
    Create housing instances similar to existing MMORPGS on the market.

See:

- Mog Houses(FFXI)
    - Mog Garden(FFXI)
    - Garrisons(WoW)
    - Personal Plot Housing(Wildstar)
    - Personal Instance Housing + Expansion(SWTOR)

Say you messed up with the current housing system, refund people, and turn Housing areas into FC only and create personal instances. Swtor and Wildstar probably did it the best minus the RMT for additional rooms and furnishings.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The fact that apartments are limited makes me wonder if their servers could even handle that, because there's no reason for instanced apartments to have a limit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yesish?

I wanna say the new data center move is allowing them to test the limits. Improving invetory space, adding to your armoury, adding furniture stotage, as well as an extra 12 wards of housing.

I'd expect them to add wards 13-16 in 4.2 and eventually 17-20 before the xpac is over.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I wasn't talking about for the new area, but if you mean for all areas, then wow, A LOT of players have come to the game then. Last time I checked(last month) there were still about 20~ apartments left in my ward. Don't know about the other wards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The apts are 512 per ward right? That's a lot of plots.. maybe add a balcony with enough room for a garden and a few other things so people without a proper house aren't "left out"

The only real other option to make it less a land rush is to raise the prices again.

As Fiye said I would expect more wards soon. That along with some minor changes should help most people, however, there will always be those who feel left out.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Say you messed up with the current housing system, refund people, and turn Housing areas into FC only and create personal instances.
    Instanced houses turns that entire portion of the game into buying different sizes of private rooms.

Part of the fun of housing is the "neighborhood." There is something lost when MMOs use instancing as the solution to every problem.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    The apts are 512 per ward right?
    It's 90 per subdivision, and 2 subdivisions per ward, so in total 180 per ward. 12(?) wards per region, and 4 regions now means 8640 apartments, which I'd like to believe is enough for anyone who wants one (I certainly don't). Some/all of this could be wrong, I don't actually give a shit about personal housing.

The 512 limit you're likely thinking of is the limit of how many personal chambers can be added to a FC house (which is likely more tied to the limit on FC members rather than anything else). Though the fact that they could essentially jam 512 apartments into every FC house really makes you wonder why the hell the apartments cap at 90.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Exactly how much do they have to "bolster the servers" to make new wards though? Since you're loading one ward at a time, does it really put strain on it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Instanced houses turns that entire portion of the game into buying different sizes of private rooms.

Part of the fun of housing is the "neighborhood." There is something lost when MMOs use instancing as the solution to every problem.
    That would make sense if most neighborhoods weren't ghost towns in general. People want their own place that they can show off more than the neighborhood. I would go even further and say people just want something they built(ex. base building or garrisons) more than just house.

Honestly, a real trick would be to create personal instances with various player made houses that load in and occasionally change within their respective plots(weekly or so). If you want to create a community route, find a way to have all those people load into the same seed of the ward as well. If they get along well enough then they can lock in and the seed will always put their houses together. People will eventually make their own wards and you'll get a real sense of a neighborhood.

Hell they could go the black desert route as well and just have housing nearly everywhere.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...g-in-Patch-4.1
    and we will be making an announcement outlining the number of new wards and how they will be sold after reviewing said feedback. To prevent speculation, we will refrain from releasing information until absolutely necessary.
    Oh boy, Mogstation Wards coming in 4.2.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Hell they could go the black desert route as well and just have housing nearly everywhere.
    Tent on Azim Steppe plz.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Exactly how much do they have to "bolster the servers" to make new wards though? Since you're loading one ward at a time, does it really put strain on it?
    Well the ward's are essentially separate zones with the subdivisions existing within the same zone. So with the new wards they just added 12 new instances not to mention the data they gotta hold with items on the field, inside the house. What appearances the houses have, yatta yatta.

I'm personally hoping we see a sub-sub ward update sooner or later. That'd make a lot more houses available.