1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Full Patch Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

4.1 Full Patch Notes

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...04942848db9539

Anyone see anything about how to turn existing ventures you already have on you into currency on the common tab? I ask because I have 2400 ventures in my inventory atm and would love to free that space up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone see anything about how to turn existing ventures you already have on you into currency on the common tab? I ask because I have 2400 ventures in my inventory atm and would love to free that space up.
    Promissory notes in your inventory can be traded to the following NPCs to add them to the Currency window:

Beast Tribe Currency Promissory Notes

Calamity Salvager
    Beast Tribe Vendors
    * Beast tribe currency can only be traded to the vendors of their respective tribes.

Venture Promissory Notes

Calamity Salvager
    Retainers in your employ

From patch 4.1 onward, newly acquired beast tribe currency and ventures will be added directly to the Currency window.
    Looks like you can either do it at the Calamity Salvager, or if I'm understanding this correctly, right at your retainer (hopefully this doesn't cause more menu bloat for something you'll only ever do once). Knowing SE, there's some dumb cap on the amount you can hold, so I hope for your sake that number is higher than 2400.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Also for this guy's sake:

Spoiler: show

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp, when I get home tomorrow, here's hoping there's a small house or two left on Fairie ._.;;

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have basically just given up on housing in this game since I'm on Gilgamesh. I just never expect them to fix this issue on larger servers. Never going to be enough supply to meet demand.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My FC (which at this point is just me and my one buddy) already have a pretty nice small sized house we've collectively probably invested around 12mil gil into together. So even if we don't get a new one, I'm really happy with the one we already have. Buying a new one is just... well... just for the sake of having my own I guess? I have more then enough gil and nothing to spend it on other then glamour and orchestrion roles and etc lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If SE was smart, they'll extend this maintenance because outside of early PC users and PS4 users, no one can actually get the patch unless they get VERY lucky. so there should be some housing left IF it gets extended, if not, well..your server is small enough there should be something unless scalpers moved to it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Get past the first 970mb and you'll overcome the first threshold of the patch and then the rest downloads at normal speed. Woke up 30 minutes ago and am now complete. Had to restart my client twice, gf had to restart it about 12 times and started as soon as the patch became available, fuck yeah extra sleep.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Get past the first 970mb and you'll overcome the first threshold of the patch and then the rest downloads at normal speed. Woke up 30 minutes ago and am now complete. Had to restart my client twice, gf had to restart it about 12 times and started as soon as the patch became available, fuck yeah extra sleep.
    Yep having to update 2 PC's was a nightmare lol, still over an hour to hopefully thin things out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Patch went smooth for me with shitty AT&T udirect.

Now to claim that plot that everyone wants.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Launcher was locking up, finally launched game, instant 5006 error, game crash, now the login button doesnt work.

girlfriend got through, over a 2.5k person queue. thats more than 3-4x the number of available plots

already sold out on balmung according to FC

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Pretty much the same experience here. Well its been fun maybe next housing area they add. LUL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was able to snag 2 on the ward 9. Plot 30 and 17.

Already got a 300m offer for the 30 lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Someone messed up the translation on the first boss in Skalla , lol. He has these 2 moves... When he uses the one that has "Push" in it. He pulls you in. And when he uses the one that has "Pull" in it. He pushes you out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

4.1 killed roulette. Hell froze over.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I had launcher issues trying to log in as well, and then got stuck behind a 800 person queue. Luckily bf was able to get in early enough to snag 11-16. It's not the 30 I wanted but it's got a pretty nice bamboo grove and I'm going to make it an obnoxiously large castle towering over everyone else so I guess it's fine :D Siren being a preferred server, our population has grown quite a bit and all of the houses in every ward were sold out in the first 5-10 mins. All plot 30s were taken within the first minute.

Housing, the hardest endgame content.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Weeb tears be flowin like mad today!!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My login button broke as well, had 1200 queue on Cerberus. When I got on, all mediums (I wanted #19) were gone so I settled for my second choice: small plot #20. Still happy and I wasn't sure I'd get roof access on this plot, but you can (didn't manage with the brick hingan house, but could with the other 2).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Them putting in apartments solved the whole housing issue for me long time ago.

DRG got massive improvements.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Apartments were sold out too. Haven't checked since the update if they are already sold out. Just makes 4,000 more housing instances SE, wtf you making it so hard for?