+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Tried V1VE. Only got drk add and only once. With no death message

Turn the tables still did a good 1700 to my auto. Phantom whorl did like 17k to my trusts and 700-3k to my autos. Didn't seem AoE or if was was short ranged. You can also out of range it.

Note adds pop with aggro on whoever not necessarily the tank...

utsesmi san adds like 9 shadows <.<.

Something is odd about the Bigwig. Literally didn't hit my autos once before the add appeared then it started hitting them albeit low acc. Then goes back to missing. Not sure if related but the low dmg Whorl was to the auto that hadn't gotten hit with melee hit at all.

Also used Gen'ei Ryodan a few times while add was out for basically no dmg but was AoE.
    I tried V1VE as BLU/WAR. One add popped ~80%. Forget the job, but after killing got a message about "the big boss's weapon is no longer uncanny", or something. Under 30% it started spamming "Status Theft". Which was enough to one-shot myself and trusts for 28K+ each time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trying again adds in vol1 a bit more dangerous than main nm melee dmg wise. Like they actually him me for real dmg before could get autos on them. Think weapon breaking and/or messages might lock moves especially consider moves are at lower hps after adds spawn

Your battlemod is acting up. Doesn't have status theft that's phantom whorl. And yeah I'm getting it reduced a bit more. Like highest was 17k on trust and at most 3.5k on autos. Last fight swapped some stuff around and it didn't break 1500 on autos. Thinking it's physical single hit probably blinkable. 3.5k is basically 1/8 28k which is how much pdt would reduce compared none

Though no idea how I got a weird 700 once

Campaign
    BG Level

Didn't do a lot of tests but Phantom Whorl seems to be Physical and Single hit.
    Defender, Minne, Scherzo and PDT seemed to reduce its damage a lot.
    I have no clue what it depends on though, it spiked very high for us and its damage value wasn't always the same despite the same buffs, it was normally oneshotting us even with all of those buffs.
    I think it depends on something, some buffs he puts up, some action players/he perform, dunno.

Couldn't check if shadows absorb it.
    Scherzo+EA+DT could work, but it sounds very cheap if you ask me. I'm pretty confident there's gotta be another trick.

Our WHM managed to Silence the big boss (to reduce Utsusemi San spam) multiple times on (N) difficulty. Said it wasn't easy to land it, no sure on his enfeebling gear though, and the BRD was not helping with Threnodies.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shadows do absorb it, and you can also outrun it moderately easily.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

V1 VE only gives 1 drk add and only spawns at the higher hp. Also seems to use the haste wait automatically when it's about to die. Easy gives one of each.

Seems like whorl might be some sort of set dmg as set and attack seem to do nothing. But being absorbable by shadows and how much autos lower the dmg suggest physical. I'd guess probably some needle type thing based on dmg dealt which is always going to be a ton while actually fighting

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Has anyone bothered trying the cookie thing w/ V2? I have no intention of runing it this month since V1E+ is definitely doable, but curious what happens.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Set Bonus gives +8/16 to the stats for having 2/3 pieces on.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Set Bonus gives +8/16 to the stats for having 2/3 pieces on.
    Oh wow, that's a lot more than I was expecting. Few sets might actually be worthwhile then. Tali'ah's still likely sucks. ;;

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Oh wow, that's a lot more than I was expecting. Few sets might actually be worthwhile then. Tali'ah's still likely sucks. ;;
    That turns the Flamma Ring into a mini-Ilabrat. Not bad at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm convinced to still find a use for Tali'ah

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So yeah just played around with holding the nm and Whorl dmg dropped a ton. Not quite zero since my trusts were still beating up on it but got some like 50 dmg ones.

Also been killing drk before blm and not getting triple thing so that might have something to do with it

Additional moves are stunnable. Zeid was even doing it at ilvl 117 on easy. Daze from auto's was too

Also the drain move seems like it can't actually kill you. Always just took a decent chunk. I wanna say around 2/3 current hp

Some other notes : Only adds you kill will repop again. If I left the adds up under 30% main didn't use Whorl and just spammed turn the tables instead. Adds didn't really do much so was pretty easy doing it this way. The en-death I hear about didn't work on automatons and they are sturdy enough where even when taken low with turn the tables and super tanking everything they weren't in real danger. Note that run I did kill the first drk and got the blood message so that might have something to do with behavior too

Campaign
    BG Level

Unless there's something else I missed, Tali'ah feet is the only piece of equipment that didn't see its special stat (pet haste) increase by one in the +2 version.
    Are there any other exception? Makes you wonder if it's a translation error.
    The model they used for the upgrade is pretty simple and I would dare say a bit more conservative than the one they used for the original 5 sets.

1) Main stats => the original sets had an increase of +3 for ~4 stats. New sets have an increase of +4 for two stats.
    2) Secondary stats => the original sets had an increase of +6 (typically...) to 2 secondary stats, with some exceptions. This seems to be the same for the new sets
    3) Special stats => Stuff like STP, DA, TA etc, got an increase of +1, this seems to be the same for the new sets (except Tali'ah feet?)
    4) Other stats => Stuff like meva, eva, MDB, Haste etc (when they weren't part of point 2, see above) remained the same. Things like Hp/Mp/DEF tipically received a small increase depending on the set. Again seems to be the case on the new sets as well.

Did I miss something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think it's an exception I think they aren't differentiating between pet and master when considering what is special

Campaign
    BG Level

Well but you see, Tali'Ah Crackows +2 only have 1 "special" stat (group 3), and that's Pet: haste.
    If you wanna make a comparison Tali'Ah Turban +2 also has one special stat, that's Pet STP and it rightfully gets increased from STP+6 (+1) to STP+7 (+2)
    Same model for the legs, its special stat is the pet DT, and it gets rightfully increased by one in the +2 version.

Really, Crackows is the only exception I could find. Maybe there are more I dunno. Can anybody check the JP description to see if it's just an error in the english client?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I checked out the Pet:haste status of Crackows+2 by using JP client. It has Pet:haste+7% same as english client.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks for that bstrelka1.
    So odd, I really can't find an explanation as to why Crackows have to be the exception here. It's not a big deal but the OCD in me is screaming out loud.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The explanation is that they put pet haste in the same category as player haste in terms of stat changes, so they didn't increase it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The explanation is that they put pet haste in the same category as player haste in terms of stat changes, so they didn't increase it.
    Exactly. Pretty simple if lame. The real weird part is they didn't here but did when going from nq to +1

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's pretty nice for getting TP on SMN for AM3