+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Reimi is a beast in this game and honestly the main memories I have are playing her 90% of the time with some Serah and whatever the dragon dude's name is.

Also people like to complain about Lymmel but can we take a moment to remember the main character's name is Edge Maverick. That's the fucking best/worst name ever and let's not forget he actually has an emoedgy phase.

It didn't actually mean much to me back when I first played it but now I can't stop thinking about how bad that name is.
    It's made even worse with there being a scythe weilding "Nothing personal, kid" guy named Arumat Thanatos.

Damn, I miss Albel.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I blame Cloud. Didn't he start the bad naming trend? "I'm Cloud. Cloud Strife... because my life is full of strife, you see."

Although, to be fair, in Tecmo: Secret of the Stars I seem to recall a villain named... wait for it...

Spoiler: show
    BadBad. Yes. He's a bad guy named BadBad.

so maybe not.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'm pretty you could also change his name and they'd still say Edge regardless during the CG's lol.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Uh those character models look terrible. Maybe this means we'll finally get an SO5!

>_>

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Uh those character models look terrible. Maybe this means we'll finally get an SO5!

>_>
    Do you mean SO6? >_>

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Do you mean SO6? >_>
    No

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post

>_>
    Hated it that much, huh?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I lost like a few hours grinding because I was nowhere near a save and the game crashed. Never touched it again after that. I should probably get back on finishing it since it's the only SO game I haven't completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    It's made even worse with there being a scythe weilding "Nothing personal, kid" guy named Arumat Thanatos.

Damn, I miss Albel.
    Oh shit that's his name haha. God this game is incredible sometimes.

And I miss most of SO3's characters considering what has come after. How did SO1-3 manage to have good characters but after that it just sucks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd take an SO2 remake with the battle system done by Platinum Games

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I really didn't like SO3's characters. But I hear they get better after you leave the first planet so maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I also didn't care much one way or the other on SO1; I felt very neutral about all those peeps.

SO2 though, that game had the best characters. Precis alone could carry any game.

Nel, Maria, Cliff and Albel were great. Most of the characters in 3 are fun to play as well. 1 was probably the best overall and Mavelle will always be one of my favourites. Ronyx was also a boss compared to Claude. Also Precis is pretty overrated too, since Dias, Ashton, Leon and Rena were all far more interesting. The only reason I rate 2 higher than most other games is because the main heroine isn't an annoying piece of shit considering her role in the story.

Either way the series has great characters until 4, and I haven't finished 5 so I can't comment on that.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All I remembered is that Post-game dungeon that kept crashing on me when I was close to finishing it for my Platinum.

PASS

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Things no one asked for, for 500 Alex.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Reimi is a beast in this game and honestly the main memories I have are playing her 90% of the time with some Serah and whatever the dragon dude's name is.

Also people like to complain about Lymmel but can we take a moment to remember the main character's name is Edge Maverick. That's the fucking best/worst name ever and let's not forget he actually has an emoedgy phase.

It didn't actually mean much to me back when I first played it but now I can't stop thinking about how bad that name is.
    Everything everything EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

First and only SO I ever played, but no desire to go back. I was looking forward to SO5, but most everyone was saying it was meh, so I passed. I'd rather an HD remake of Valkyrie Profile 2, or a new PS4 one, for Hrist.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    First and only SO I ever played, but no desire to go back. I was looking forward to SO5, but most everyone was saying it was meh, so I passed. I'd rather an HD remake of Valkyrie Profile 2, or a new PS4 one, for Hrist.
    You should check out SO3. It's really good. People knock it for having a "terrible" plot twist, but I still find the story pretty good. It's corny at times, but adds to the charm, and the battle system is great. It starts off pretty slow for the first 2-3 hours, but picks up after you leave the first planet.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

SO3's crafting system was addicting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    SO3's crafting system was addicting.
    This. It also made a particular mid-game boss much easier
    The dragon on Elicoor, I forget his name.
    if you combined atleast 1 Orichalcum to someones weapon. I believe that boss was the first real difficult one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

November 28th in the West, Digital Only
    Steam gets a bonus mini-Soundtrack until December 12th, PSN gets a Theme & a 12-Avatar pack until January 8th
    Fans can travel back to the mysterious and dangerous worlds of Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 4K & Full HD Remaster this fall as the action-packed RPG gets a full HD remaster, to be released digitally on November 28, 2017 for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Steam.

Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes place at the beginning of theStar Ocean series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support* and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

The game will be released digitally from the PlayStation Store and Steam for $20.99. Until December 12th, PlayStation Plus members and Steam users who purchase the game will receive a 10% discount. Additionally, those who purchase on Steam before December 12th will receive an exclusive downloadable mini-soundtrack featuring music from the game. Those who purchase from the PlayStation Store before January 8th, will receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 system theme and 12 PlayStation Network avatars featuring the main characters.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    This. It also made a particular mid-game boss much easier
    The dragon on Elicoor, I forget his name.
    if you combined atleast 1 Orichalcum to someones weapon. I believe that boss was the first real difficult one.
    You could actually get a weapon for Cliff super early from crafting that would make the next several hours stupid easy. Money was the big issue, and I had to make some money to even try.