Closed Thread
Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I thought it was a tie in the anime though. He beat Goku in the manga, doesn't that make him better there? lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Better as in character development. By this point Toppo has made it known where he comes from, his sense of justice, and how he loathes Goku for causing this tournament that will end up destroying many universes (at this point I don't think anyone except All-chan and GP know about the original plan to just off the universes without any recourse).

Manga Toppo is just some spandex wearing dude who is next in line to become GoD. He even seems chummy with Goku. Way off from how the anime developed him at this point.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gotchya.

I don't necessarily think the anime makes him better in that sense. Just different.

Although in the long run, the anime will probably develop most side characters better, just because they have so much more time to work with. 90 minutes a month vs 40ish pages in the same time doesn't even come close.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I mean he was just introduced. Hard to develop someone on a few panels. Give it another few chapters/when the tourney actually starts and see how he/his demeanor changes between now and the tournament

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Also, fav review channel lmao

"I was looking forward to this episode more than I was looking forward to getting off child support."

I died. Had to put the video down and then sub.

Thank you sir. More shit to tank my free time now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    "I was looking forward to this episode more than I was looking forward to getting off child support."

I died. Had to put the video down and then sub.

Thank you sir. More shit to tank my free time now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    holy

fuck... lmao

Episode was fucking awesome. Animation was actually very well done imo.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

113 was boring.

The fused form looks ass already. Why does the head/hairstyle resemble a kaioshin already.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Meh episode. Next ep will have them fuse at the very end. After that probably 2 more episodes of them fighting? Meh I´ve never been a fan of U6 Saiyans.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The whole “training the U6 saiyans” schtick is getting fucking old.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I didn't mind the episode at all and I kinda get what he's doing. Will be interesting.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    The whole “training the U6 saiyans” schtick is getting fucking old.
    Kinda on the same page. I get it, but I don't like it. We had 65ish new fighters to explore and get to know and it feels like we've focused on less than 10. Sure, some had their 2 minutes of spotlight, but so much more could be shown. Like the final fighter that Gohan took out, that dude was pretty cool for as little screen time as he got. Roshi's opponents were all pretty cool, but that may have been more of an effect of Roshi being a goddamn badass. Most of the others have been throwaways, and we spend all this time training U6 Saiyans in the middle of a tourny. -_- Doubly so since Goku is weakened and we spend this episode watching people ooo and ahh at SS2/SS3 for 5 seconds. It's silly and reeks of filler since there's so little real development to the overarching story.

I'd really like it to branch back out and show our U7 team fighting more. We haven't really seen the Androids do anything in what, 6 episodes or so? Gohan and Piccolo engaged the Namekians 3 episodes ago and we haven't seen a shred of them since. I really wanna see Vegeta give Toppo the second fiddle right in that Robotnik mustache. Gut says that may be his only good fight though, if he even wins. :/

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Really random time to ask this, but does anyone want to explain to me why the Supreme Kai is a chibi version of his Cell saga self?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Really random time to ask this, but does anyone want to explain to me why the Supreme Kai is a chibi version of his Cell saga self?
    Same reason Goten and Trunks are 5... <_<;

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    He and the old doode who potari fused with him to make him the older/taller version defused. I forget how exactly but I'm sure someone else will explain.

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently he just used the dragon balls to defuse.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Interesting to see serious goku manhandling Cali in base form.

If goku ain't smilin, he's dead to rights serious about kicking your ass.

Only thing as cool as serious goku is Angry Goku.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dat next episode preview!

"OK U6 girls! Fusion time!"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    He and the old doode who potari fused with him to make him the older/taller version defused. I forget how exactly but I'm sure someone else will explain.

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently he just used the dragon balls to defuse.
    He was always decently tall, and was never fused with the old kai. He did fuse eventually, but that was with Kibito, and it didn't really change his height AFAIK.

I'm not sure why they're drawing him so small in this arc.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Y'all are crazy if you aren't loving this, just saying. This isn't the Gohan or Random Pleb #24 arc, this has always been about Goku and were getting just enough of everyone else sprinkled in. I don't want to see the namekians duo shit, it's not gonna be impressive in the slightest and will revolve around Gohan doing the same shit Goku is doing now because Saiyans. Give me a fleshed out canon legendary super Saiyan, some nostalgia with all the OG SS transformations, with a dash of fussion, and my god this is by far the best arc yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    He was always decently tall, and was never fused with the old kai. He did fuse eventually, but that was with Kibito, and it didn't really change his height AFAIK.

I'm not sure why they're drawing him so small in this arc.
    Nope. He was tiny

And then fused with Kibito (tall older red doode above) which made him way taller

Surprisingly hard to find a picture of him standing beside someone to give a height reference. Basically went from Trunks/Goten height to Vegeta height from the fusion. And of course he eventually defused back to his original self with DB's sometime at the beginning of DBS

Edit: I just re-read Obs post, but he was never in the Cell saga either. Was introduced at the beginning of the Buu saga

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast