+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 847
  1. #41
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,962
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Why does the source of the enhancements matter in the least? If humans turned them into literal dinosaurs, would you still call them human because the enhancements were of human origin?

  2. #42
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,781
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Why does the source of the enhancements matter in the least? If humans turned them into literal dinosaurs, would you still call them human because the enhancements were of human origin?
    That’s kind of my argument. Why does the source of the enhancement matter? They’re still humanoid at the end of the day

  3. #43
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,962
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    That’s kind of my argument. Why does the source of the enhancement matter? They’re still humanoid at the end of the day
    Because human is a more specific term than "humanoid", and the source of the enhancement matters because some change you on a biological level, while some don't.

    Krillin is identical to before on a genetic level after having his potential unlocked. 18 and 17 are not identical to before on a genetic level after having their entire cellular structure heavily modified.

  4. #44
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,781
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Then that just wraps back to my other point. You’re saying Krillin is strongest because he’s still 100% natural human. Where as I’m saying because 17 and 18 were human, enhanced by humans using human created technologies and are now more or less still human as a result to the point that they can have kids and live relatively normal lives (in the context of normal in a DB world) that they should be in contention too.

    So really the initial question shouldn’t have been “who’s the strongest Earthling” but “who’s the strongest earthling without earth developed enhancements”.

    Edit: if you’re wondering why I’m still here, my boss just text me that my start time is pushed back an hour ._.

  5. #45
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,962
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    But 18 and 17 aren't "more or less still human". Their bodies has been modified to the point that they're incredibly different on a biological level, which is what the definition of human applies to. This isn't little stuff like a pacemaker or a prosthetic arm, this is every single one of their trillions of cells having been significantly changed. On a cellular level, they likely have less in common with humans than humans do with dogs.

    The source of the technology that modified them is also completely irrelevant.

  6. #46
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,781
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    From a moral 'what makes a human a human' point, I disagree still. However, from a scientific point, I will concede that I understand what you mean and I see your point.

  7. #47
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,341
    BG Level
    9

    which ties back into my "how much human do you have to be to count as human"

    All the half saiyans are more human than 17 and 18 are.

  8. #48
    Brokage
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,781
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    But then we toss Future Trunks name into the ring and we have to argue about all timelines versus main timeline and blah blah lol

  9. #49
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,341
    BG Level
    9

    nah because even if you want to take Trunks out (Which it wouldn't be hard to include him either way), you still have Gohan lol

  10. #50
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,233
    BG Level
    9

    Isn't everything retconned up until the immediate end of the Buu saga, obviously excluding Uub since he's still an infant? Or are we considering Dragon Ball Super just a different series entirely and leaving the rest cannon? Cause you can't have it both ways. Uub is not technically stronger than any other baby afaik, so right now the strongest human is probably android 18, but if you're racist against cyborgs then it's probably Krillin.

    Also, the alien protagonists are not human, they're Saiyan. You can argue if all the second/third generation Earth-born Saiyans are human, but that's cheating imo.

  11. #51
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,341
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Isn't everything retconned up until the immediate end of the Buu saga, obviously excluding Uub since he's still an infant? Or are we considering Dragon Ball Super just a different series entirely and leaving the rest cannon? Cause you can't have it both ways. Uub is not technically stronger than any other baby afaik, so right now the strongest human is probably android 18, but if you're racist against cyborgs then it's probably Krillin.
    There's nothing in Super that really contradicts the ending of DBZ. As of right now, they can both be canon. Until Super outright retcons that ending, it's still in play.

  12. #52
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,233
    BG Level
    9

    Uh, didn't Z end with Goku taking Uub as a pupil to raise him as a new Z fighter? Or am I misremembering

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  13. #53
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,341
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Uh, didn't Z end with Goku taking Uub as a pupil to raise him as a new Z fighter? Or am I misremembering

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    There was a 10 year time skip before the last couple episodes of dbz.

    Super is covering the events of said time skip

  14. #54
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,549
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    There was a 10 year time skip before the last couple episodes of dbz.

    Super is covering the events of said time skip
    And possibly beyond, according to some sources from a few months back.

  15. #55
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,691
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Any of you guys know where the DBS special's being simulcasted? I guess Crunchyroll? If so maybe I need to make a trial there just for this lol

  16. #56

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,876
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    If I get home in time, I can send you a weekend pass. Can't access it through mobile for whatever reason.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  17. #57
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,278
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    And possibly beyond, according to some sources from a few months back.
    Well so far dragon ball super has been confirmed to have at least 133 episodes based on a box set that was announced to include "all 133 episodes of dragon ball super" so either we end on 133 or something.



    source: http://otakukart.com/animeblog/2017/...schedule-date/

  18. #58

  19. #59
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,924
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Thank you!

  20. #60
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,377
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Tossing my available ones up too incase those get used. Sucks they expire so often, looking at the list I've got nearly 2 dozen expired.

    http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=CCLCSQJLZUE
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=L33ZK4YNE3M

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Dragonball Z/Super (2015) TOP and Beyond
    By Abandon in forum Anime
    Replies: 1298
    Last Post: 2017-10-05, 19:23
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1969-12-31, 19:00