Closed Thread
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I doubt it, even in the Instinct form Goku wasn't really damaging Jiren at all. In fact he wasn't even strong enough to make him flinch most of the time. He's going to need to tap into some kind of greater physical strength on top of having the Instinct movement.
    He made Jiren give an effort however, but it was indeed short lived. If he can regain all his stamina again before the end of the tourney and restrain ultra instinct then I think he'll give Jiren a run for his money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I liked the second episode a lot, and that's coming from someone who doesn't usually enjoy Goku's spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I doubt it, even in the Instinct form Goku wasn't really damaging Jiren at all. In fact he wasn't even strong enough to make him flinch most of the time. He's going to need to tap into some kind of greater physical strength on top of having the Instinct movement.
    Same thing happened with Red vs Beerus, he just ran out of gas, if he had more energy he would have been able to beat Jiren.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    & Knuckles
    At this point pretty much lol

Cool episodes and some nice animation, at least if it continues to look cool I won't question how silly it'll get but new Goku is cool to watch.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now one's mentioned the music yet, it really helped set the mood and had a pretty solid epic feel. Really enjoyed the episodes as a whole.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah Ep110 must have received like 3x the typical production budget. It looked and sounded beautiful.

Whoever storyboarded the fight must have thought a very long while on how to make the blows Goku and Jiren exchanged look like they were on a completely different level than all combat in all of Dragon Ball to date.

This whole time the audience has viewed the tourney through the lens of those spectating it.
    We've see exactly what the fighters, gods, and angels were able to see with their respective levels of skill.

With Goku v Jiren, all we're shown is brief flashes of the most intense, blurred punch flurries, contorted acrobatics, energy blasts and the like.
    Along with how everyone stops to watch, Beerus' fear, and All-Chans dropping their dumb "repeat what your doppelganger just said but in reverse order" schtick, we're shown exactly what we need to know about the powers at play here without any of the characters needing to say it.

Lucavi's right on the money. This is top-shelf Shonen.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Watching Goku catch the 5 from Jiren was very satisfying. Typical Goku only ruffling the top layer of his gi and big dick swag. Lol at Goku gettong rekt the same exact way he always does. Lots of rehashed clips from the opening. New fight music and ED are fairly hype. Lol at Krillin thinking the Spirit Bomb has always saved them.

Spoiler: show
    poor Vegeta getting blew balls again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If you didn't watch the sub version there were scenes that got cut out for whatever reason of everyone cheering on goku with the spirit bomb not just krillin. Vegeta screaming "Kakarot what are you doing finish him now!!" very reminiscent of the Buu finale.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Eh, was alright I guess. Now for where they take it from here. And yeah,
    Spoiler: show
    Freiza is going to give Goku energy to keep him from dying, and then with his saiyan blood he's going to return stronger than ever. How it'll be enough idk, but I think this pay off was worth it.
    Vegeta mentioned an arc or two ago in Super that his and Goku's body are virtually maxed out and would gain little next to nothing from the usual Saiyan near-death power up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Lol My bro had CR on PS4 on at the same time and it also conked out last night. Finally got to watch it today, very good two episodes. Hit vs. Jiren is gonna be epic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Vegeta mentioned an arc or two ago in Super that his and Goku's body are virtually maxed out and would gain little next to nothing from the usual Saiyan near-death power up.
    Yep, that's right. Zenkai boosts are basically worthless now. It was only useful in getting to the correct power level to trigger the SSJ state.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Goke: I did a thing!
    Gods and Angels: Goku did a thing!
    Jiren: I beat the shit out of the thing.
    Gods and Angels: That Goku sure is something, but it couldn't last.
    Jiren. ........

I had fun watching the episode, but if they are all shocked at Goku, shouldn't they be floored by Jiren?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They know Jiren is already the mortal stronger than a GoD, so seeing another mortal transcend the limits of what a mortal is capable of and have access to a skillset that GoD struggle to even attain is why they are so floored. They see the potential and it puts them in a lower bracket when all they have known is being at the top. That is at least my theory on it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maybe, but even if they know there's a guy out there, they don't seem to recognize that Jiren is the one. Whis was the one that said there's someone out there a GoD can't defeat, and that Beerus lost an arm wrestling match, once, to that universe's GoD, but they didn't identify which universe. If everyone knew Jiren was the one, I would think they'd have shit their pants at the start, and even more so, if they didn't know, once realizing Jiren shit on a state of being even GoD have issues attaining. It just feels like a big oversight is all; maybe they'll have light bulbs go off next episode.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Jiren didn't shit on it though; goku literally could not sustain it. We don't know how Jiren would do against a full-instinct goku when fully rested.

Can only agree on Jiren being such a boring character, with nothing to him except being "immensely powerful".
    Right now, he feels more like a story-device than a real character - to the point that I'd not be surprised if he turns out to be a "fake", ie. a vessel for Belmond's power, or some sort of custom-made powerhouse (think C19, not Cell)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mustache guy on his team is suppose to be there next GoD, not Jiren. It's getting more suspicious of how or what Jiren is now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Jiren didn't shit on it though; goku literally could not sustain it. We don't know how Jiren would do against a full-instinct goku when fully rested.
    Jiren ain't even sweating yet. Goku at this point has caused 0 threat to the man

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Jiren ain't even sweating yet. Goku at this point has caused 0 threat to the man
    They mentioned he was getting sharper each second and landing more powerful hits. Not to mention the double knee DID hit and DID cause him to get knocked back. It just wasn't enough.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I understand people saying Jiren isn't very interesting. But I don't see how Goku is usually any more either..to me it was at least good to see him getting crushed.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast