Closed Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ohhh true I forgot the super dragon spoke in God tongue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

They ever explain the relation between the nameks and the super dragon balls?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Didn't they like, just sorta chisel their own set off of the big ones or something?

Idk, something dumb lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, it can always be explained as namekians having the ability like how Goku has a new ability that the Gods didn't think a mortal would have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Super Dragonballs being the prize for this tournament bring up a lot of questions for me.

Why are they the prize? They only distribute themselves between universe 6 and 7, why are those two universes special? Why don't other paired universes have their own set of super dragonballs (or do they)? If one or both of universe 6 and 7 gets erased, what do the super dragonballs do then after use? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    The Super Dragonballs being the prize for this tournament bring up a lot of questions for me.

Why are they the prize? They only distribute themselves between universe 6 and 7, why are those two universes special? Why don't other paired universes have their own set of super dragonballs (or do they)? If one or both of universe 6 and 7 gets erased, what do the super dragonballs do then after use? etc.
    I think it was further out than just 6 and 7, champa was traveling around collecting them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I think it was further out than just 6 and 7, champa was traveling around collecting them.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he only traveled to universe 6 and 7 looking for them and that is where they said they distribute themselves after use.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

They are only universes 6 and 7.

Remember, each set of universes are different. 6 and 7 are a pair. 1 and 12 are a pair. 2 and 11 are a pair, etc.

They're not going to have the same planets, the same types of beings, etc. (It's considered an anomaly right now that there was a Yadrat in u2; right now it's assumed that he traveled there and didn't originally come from it). For example, this is why there are no Saiyans from any other universe than 6 and 7. There are no frieza or buu type beings in the others, etc. etc.

The dragon balls just happen to be a u6/7 thing. The different universes may have shit that we don't

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I don't think anyone can "steal" a wish with this dragon as the last time we saw him it required some sort of god language and Whis had to be the one asking for Beerus as they were trippin inside its stomach.
    It'd be pretty funny if Frieza isn't made aware of this and tries to steal the wish, then gets erased.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Vegetto in Super's anime vs Vegetto in Super's manga are two very different beasts.

Vegetto in the anime was not very much superior to Zamasu; Zamasu was able to injure him at least somewhat. No indication Vegetto would fuck around here either especially given he knew there was a time limit and the stakes were incredibly high.

Vegetto in the manga absolutely Buuhan'd Zamasu in every way, so much to the point that before their defusion, Supreme Kai explicitly stated that his power was greater than Beerus'.

Unless they completely change the power scaling in the manga ToP I would safely say that manga Vegetto is at least comparable to Jiren if not greater (not taking into account the fact Jiren could easily stall the time limit and roflstomp them afterwards)

It doesn't really matter. I would say fairly safely at this point that we'll never see any kind of fusion again. The only reason we saw Vegetto in the first place is because the whole arc set up fusion to begin with.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    They are only universes 6 and 7.

Remember, each set of universes are different. 6 and 7 are a pair. 1 and 12 are a pair. 2 and 11 are a pair, etc.

They're not going to have the same planets, the same types of beings, etc. (It's considered an anomaly right now that there was a Yadrat in u2; right now it's assumed that he traveled there and didn't originally come from it). For example, this is why there are no Saiyans from any other universe than 6 and 7. There are no frieza or buu type beings in the others, etc. etc.

The dragon balls just happen to be a u6/7 thing. The different universes may have shit that we don't
    Problem with that assumption.

Why in the hell is there a yardrat and tuffle in U2? The Tuffles were destroyed by the Sayains in U7, and the Yardrats were exclusive to U7 until this tournament. There shouldn't be a tuffle in U2 either.

I think its more likely that each universe has a specific seed value set by Zeno/GP and they all follow similar paths, barring interference from the GoD's and cosmic level threats like Buu/Cell/Freeza. U12 and U7 both have time machines. Shit gods? Shit Universes. Shit people? Shit universes. But U7 is likely the most battle hardened universe barring the crazy outlier in Jiren for U11. On average U7 has to have the highest battle power/master level fighters considering the staggering number of people they've destroyed outside of U6 who share a common lineage as twin universes.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Problem with that assumption.

Why in the hell is there a yardrat and tuffle in U2? The Tuffles were destroyed by the Sayains in U7, and the Yardrats were exclusive to U7 until this tournament. There shouldn't be a tuffle in U2 either.

I think its more likely that each universe has a specific seed value set by Zeno/GP and they all follow similar paths, barring interference from the GoD's and cosmic level threats like Buu/Cell/Freeza. U12 and U7 both have time machines. Shit gods? Shit Universes. Shit people? Shit universes. But U7 is likely the most battle hardened universe barring the crazy outlier in Jiren for U11. On average U7 has to have the highest battle power/master level fighters considering the staggering number of people they've destroyed outside of U6 who share a common lineage as twin universes.
    Already covered your question on the yadrat

(It's considered an anomaly right now that there was a Yadrat in u2; right now it's assumed that he traveled there and didn't originally come from it)
    As far as the tuffle goes, was he actually referred to/confirmed as a tuffle? I don't remember that.

and as far as the universe parings go, they're all vastly different

http://i.imgur.com/PRXE7pb.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Already covered your question on the yadrat

As far as the tuffle goes, was he actually referred to/confirmed as a tuffle? I don't remember that.

and as far as the universe parings go, they're all vastly different

http://i.imgur.com/PRXE7pb.jpg

Yep, he was confirmed in the character bios a while back via one of the scans from Shonen Jump. Here's the wiki page with the updated info.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/898248397072678912

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Zarbuto

I don't think its possible for an inter-universal IT considering how the DB universes are designed. Otherwise GoD's wouldn't need a guide to take them to another universe or transport them to the lower universe, especially with their long lifespans and being able to learn crazy techniques. Goku has master level ki sensing and could barely get back with a gigantic signal flare from Gohan or Trunks.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just double checked, and the Yadrat is the only anomaly.

U2 is the first canon appearance of the tuffle. Tuffles in dbz only appear in filler content/movies; but are not shown (or even mentioned) in the original manga.

Basically throwing one in u2 is their way of bringing non canon material to life (the same way Kale is the canon equiv of Broly)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Even if tuffles are from u7, he would have just came over the same way the yardrat did. Its not like mortals can't find a way to jump universes, Hit did it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Even if tuffles are from u7, he would have just came over the same way the yardrat did. Its not like mortals can't find a way to jump universes, Hit did it.
    Hit specifically required transportation from Vados. The whole reason why he wanted the Cube transport as his reward during the U6/U7 tournament was so he could work in multiple universes.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Without knowing his background, we have no clue. Hell, if Bulma and another universe can independently come up with being able to travel to different timelines, it's impossible to travel to different universes within the same timeline?

Not to mention Goku was with the Yardrats for what? a year. Jimize or w/e his name's could be much more advanced, not need an energy lock, be much less limited, etc.

As things are, there are only dragon balls in 2 universes, which happen to be a set pair of universes. Each other pair of universes are drastically different. Jimize is the only outlier here.

We have nameks, saiyans, frieza's race, and even humans in u6 (humans not being in the tourney, but the planet Earth was wished back to u6 after the last tourney) with none of these races found in any of the other 10 universes thus far.

With how Whis explained the universes and the fact that DBalls only exist in u6 and 7; and no background info on Jimize, it's the most logical conclusion to make that he's not originally from that universe

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I've seen that page, and I'm nearly certain that they meant multiply in the figurative sense, as the Japanese often describe such things in, not the mathematical sense.

IIRC, even if it was meant to be literal, for the original Japanese wording used, something like (A + B) x C, where A and B are the people fusing and C is a static multiplier, would also fit the wording.
    Went and found the page.

Not a Japanese major in any way, but this definitely looks like Goku x Bejita = Bejito to me

Source page
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/battle-power/databook/

Edit: Now that I think of it, the (A+B) x C may be referring to the fusion dance/Gogeta. Potara fusion is stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I don't know if it was in a movie, but the Dragon can't kill anyone stronger than him, correct?
    I think it was in dragon ball wasn't it when they thought about using those to kill piccolo? Or maybe i'm just confusing that because dragon ball status piccolo could even kill the dragons. . . which says a lot.

It might have been during the Frieza saga though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was Oolong trying to kill Vegeta and Napa.

Also, forgot how Hit got to u7, thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast