Closed Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's been mentioned before but yea, Goten and Trunks are older than Gohan was when he beat Cell but they look younger and act younger because Toriyama forgets shit all the time and is basically an idiot. The reason why Goku and Jiren were flying during that last fight because they either forgot or didn't care because it looked cool.

If there's a reason for anything going on it's not a very good one.
    Honestly the only thing he's outright forgotten is Launch. After that people just like to associate any inconsistency with "he forgot"

Toei sells a lot of trunks/goten/gotenks merch to kids, they're probably purposefully keeping them looking the same way.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

another thread error, sorry fam, had to split, will try to find the deleted post thats causing the issue.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Honestly the only thing he's outright forgotten is Launch. After that people just like to associate any inconsistency with "he forgot"

Toei sells a lot of trunks/goten/gotenks merch to kids, they're probably purposefully keeping them looking the same way.
    He's also forgotten who Tao was, and that SSJ2 was a thing (he thought it went straight from SSJ to SSJ3).

I mean that is what being inconsistent is in essence, that or laziness and apathy the ultimate point being it's not a good look.

The more you think about this shit the less meaning it has really, they could let Trunks and Goten grow or keep them as stupid midgets forever because toys. I guess that's cheaper than designing and developing new characters that people might not like I mean it's not like the universe has to grow or change or anything.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Stiiiiiiiig

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I mean that is what being inconsistent is in essence, that or laziness and apathy the ultimate point being it's not a good look.

The more you think about this shit the less meaning it has really, they could let Trunks and Goten grow or keep them as stupid midgets forever because toys. I guess that's cheaper than designing and developing new characters that people might not like I mean it's not like the universe has to grow or change or anything.
    To be fair, that's completely on Toei's end with Super. Toriyama will design new things like ssjgod and what not, but other than that hey just provides a plot outline and Toei does the rest. He just makes minor adjustments in the story

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Honestly the only thing he's outright forgotten is Launch.
    He literally forgot SS3 existed. He thought SS3 was SS2 with the electricity. Read a Daizenshuu sometime. Toriyama forgets shit constantly, and he's also a contrite prick that loves to subvert the fan's desires.
    The more the fans want something, the more he wants to do the exact opposite.

The only reason he killed Vegeta in the Freeza Saga is because a shit ton of polled fans said they didn't want Vegeta to die.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    He literally forgot SS3 existed. He thought SS3 was SS2 with the electricity. Read a Daizenshuu sometime. Toriyama forgets shit constantly, and he's also a contrite prick that loves to subvert the fan's desires.
    The more the fans want something, the more he wants to do the exact opposite.

The only reason he killed Vegeta in the Freeza Saga is because a shit ton of polled fans said they didn't want Vegeta to die.
    Yes, but Battle of the Gods came out like 10+ years after even GT ended (which he had little involvement with); and when he does forget shit, he isn't afraid to admit it.

People take that and apply it to everything though. Trunks and Goten's age isn't one of them lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Who decided to de-age Dende?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably the same person who forgot Monster Carrot and all his cronies were making mochi on the Moon when Muten blew it up in the 21st budokai.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    He's also forgotten who Tao was, and that SSJ2 was a thing (he thought it went straight from SSJ to SSJ3).
    except goku went ssj2 when testing jiren's strength

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    except goku went ssj2 when testing jiren's strength
    Pretty sure he was talking about BoG (when Toriyama first came back after who knows how long)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Or even Gotenks skipping ss2 lol

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Or even Gotenks skipping ss2 lol
    I mean, Goku and Vegeta both went ssj2 in that arc; I don't think that one was due to lax of memory rather than Gotenks skipping the form (same way Vegeta skipped 3/goddo and went straight to Blue)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm going to trust the history of a Mangaka famous for forgetting shit, then laughing about it, over you. No offense, CS. The man has a consistent history of forgetting shit and not giving a single fuck as

A) he's rich
    B) he doesn't care anyway and would rather be left alone to build model cars

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay guys. Dude isn't gonna forget a form literally called SS2 and then jump to SS3. Numbers make it easy. He doesn't care to be consistent is a far better argument than that he literally forgot one of the more obvious forms.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...ial-interview/

Do you write down notes anywhere for that sort of background information?

No, I don’t do that. That’s why I keep on forgetting things. If I don’t forget stuff, new ideas won’t come to mind. For example, you know how there’s “Super Saiyan 3?

Yes. Where the hair gets long.

I didn’t know that. (laughs) The whole time, I thought that was “Super Saiyan 2;. (laughs)

Whaaa?!

And I drew that myself. (laughs) Anyhow, I thought “2 was the one with long hair. It was like, “Man, I’ve really forgotten stuff…”.
    It's not an argument. Dude literally said he forgot.

When he forgot is up for debate, but not IF he forgot.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Y'all take your dragonball wayyy too seriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

2nite
    Spoiler: show

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Dragonball Z/Super (2015) TOP and Beyond (109+) II

Hype!