• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i mean seriously don't you just fucking hate that? lol
    It is really the worst. I don't know how but they really need to change the format. Whether it be the pick cycling or all lottery teams have the same odds, having to root against your team isn't fun

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Pick cycling seems like cancer when teams like the Warriors already exist. I think it's going to be hard to shake up the current format. Imagine if Jordan's Bulls were slated the top pick during Tim's Duncan's 1997 Draft? The Bulls would have become an 82-0 team.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i mean i love the lottery and the tanking shit myself so i'm fine as it is lol

but i understand it really distorts how one watches sports. there really is just no perfect solution.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

how about multiple tiers with relegation & promotion so maybe Sioux Falls or Reno can have a chance the next time Philly opts to tank for a decade

we could seriously fill several 20-team leagues with decent pro hoops talent

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

sorry nevermind

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Remember when teams were compensated for departing FAs to keep them competitive? That's how the Lakers ended up with Magic the same year they got Kareem.

They got James Worthy off some old lottery rule that no longer exists as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think compensatory draft picks could be good

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

A lot of Suns fans believe once they get Doncic or Ayton that their woes will go away and start playoff contention....

I don't think they have been watching Suns Basketball. They aren't trying to tank...they are just that fucking bad.

I mean...you got Dudley out on the court with full dad bod and such.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Booker is 100% legit, and Jackson and Payton have both been playing well since the break, and they're all still young.

The rest of the roster is pretty much complete garbage tho. If those 3 plus whoever they draft keep developing, they could be quite good in a few years. But next year? Lord no

GATTACA!

BG Level

Jackson has been good, Payton has been meh

That's one silver lining with Hawks, we're still pretty feisty with the shitty record and I still like our coaching and development.

Give us Doncic, lottery gods, we promise not to waste him!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    A lot of Suns fans believe once they get Doncic or Ayton that their woes will go away and start playoff contention....

I don't think they have been watching Suns Basketball. They aren't trying to tank...they are just that fucking bad.

I mean...you got Dudley out on the court with full dad bod and such.
    next year? God no. but Booker is a 25-5-5 star on offense who is only 21 (still needs a ton of work on D), Jackson (only 21) has been balling out the last couple months, TJ Warren can throw up 20 a game, and Dragan Bender (only 20) i think is promising. already an above-average 3-point shooter, a skilled passer, and moves his feet well on defense.

i like Payton but neither Warren nor Jackson can shoot 3's, Booker has gravity-bending range and Dragan can stroke it as well but it just isn't enough shooting on the court. you cannot run a lineup where there is only a single 3-point shooter among your starting guards and small forward.

draft-wise we desperately need a center. Chandler is too old, Len is out. Doncic is brilliant but do you really want to give up on last year's lottery pick in Jackson so soon? especially as Jackson is projected to be the much better defender which is needed on a Booker-led team.

you throw out a kiddie lineup of
    (insert free agent point guard)
    Booker
    Jackson
    Bender
    Ayton
    + 6th man microwave Warren

and i think that has the potential to be a fine fine team for many years going forward given they're all pups and already showing flashes of serious talent.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    next year? God no. but Booker is a 25-5-5 star on offense who is only 21 (still needs a ton of work on D), Jackson (only 21) has been balling out the last couple months, TJ Warren can throw up 20 a game, and Dragan Bender (only 20) i think is promising. already an above-average 3-point shooter, a skilled passer, and moves his feet well on defense.

i like Payton but neither Warren nor Jackson can shoot 3's, Booker has gravity-bending range and Dragan can stroke it as well but it just isn't enough shooting on the court. you cannot run a lineup where there is only a single 3-point shooter among your starting guards and small forward.

draft-wise we desperately need a center. Chandler is too old, Len is out. Doncic is brilliant but do you really want to give up on last year's lottery pick in Jackson so soon? especially as Jackson is projected to be the much better defender which is needed on a Booker-led team.

you throw out a kiddie lineup of
    (insert free agent point guard)
    Booker
    Jackson
    Bender
    Ayton
    + 6th man microwave Warren

and i think that has the potential to be a fine fine team for many years going forward given they're all pups and already showing flashes of serious talent.
    Why can't Jackson and Doncic play together? I would go:

Booker
    Doncic
    Jackson
    Warren
    Bender

+FA/draft/trade C to play against teams with big Centers

I'm terrified Ayton will never bring enough on defense to be the best player on a contender.

BG Level

that's fair, would involve playing some dudes out of position but Booker has nice playmaking chops and Bender is 7′ 1″ (will need about 20-30 lbs to be a starting center tho). when it comes to Doncic v Ayton it's one of those good problems. really not sure who i'd take at #1.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    that's fair, would involve playing some dudes out of position but Booker has nice playmaking chops and Bender is 7′ 1″ (will need about 20-30 lbs to be a starting center tho). when it comes to Doncic v Ayton it's one of those good problems. really not sure who i'd take at #1.
    Yeah it's a question of team-building philosophy. With the Doncic lineup you have Bender as a small ball 5 and Warren/Jackson/Doncic defending 4s. I think Warren and Jackson especially can defend most wings, yeah?

Of course Ayton can theoretically shoot 3s too so could bring a KAT type presence that can stay on the floor against small ball teams and still dominate offensively. Pros and Cons to each.

I just don't want to get fucked by the lottery

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

think you take ayton at 1 if you're the suns. i mean you can't really go wrong with either.

btw just because you have super talented youth cores doesn't really mean a thing. i saw it for years with the baby clippers. it takes strong leadership and a different kind of culture to change things. and as cliche as it sounds, you need players who know how to win. i wouldn't worry about them, though. once they start spreading their wings they just need a couple solid vets to fill in the gaps.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Pick cycling seems like cancer when teams like the Warriors already exist. I think it's going to be hard to shake up the current format. Imagine if Jordan's Bulls were slated the top pick during Tim's Duncan's 1997 Draft? The Bulls would have become an 82-0 team.
    Wanted to comment on this before it gets buried. There are cons to every draft format, including the cycling. If the stars align, and the Bulls get Duncan or the Warriors get KAT or some shit, yeah, it's not ideal. They could add some rule like the top 4 records can't pick top 3 or something (I.e. Warriors 1st pick gets pushed back to 4 and they instead get the first pick the next time they can claim it). They would also need to have it alternate for each team, each year between top 15 and bottom 15 picks so a team doesn't have crappy picks for 10 years straight

The pros though... there is absolutely no benefit to losing. Crappy teams have incentive to fill out their roster with solid veterans to help win games. Games would be more competitive. I don't have to root against my own team!

0.000001% chance it ever happens but it's fun to think about.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I really want to like Bender...but majority time he just seems so passive. The guy is so huge, but rarely uses that in the paint. If he put on a little more bulk I could see him being
    a forced to be reckoned with at the rim.

Booker I can see rising real fast, as Jackson onto being top players eventually.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Grade 2 MCL sprain for Curry, to be reevaluated after 3 weeks.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Caused by JaVale making the most JaVale move ever (terribly biting on a pump fake to jump as high as possible in an unknown direction)

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Grade 2 MCL sprain for Curry, to be reevaluated after 3 weeks.
    So prob back for round 2 of playoffs at the latest. What a jerk.

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast