BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm holding my breath about the Pistons. Being tied for 1st seven games in is nice, but there is plenty of time to implode. Drummond with the 70% free throw average is a nice surprise. If he can keep that up that could keep the Pistons in the hunt.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    surprised Jem hasn't been in here raving about the Magic but Fournier and Gordon are absolutely balling in their souped up offense.

speaking of balling there are some stupid fucking stats being thrown up around the league, Porzingis is flirting with 30-10 in a post-Melo world and Giannis is marrying a 35-11-6 start. also p sure Ben Simmons has already won rookie of the year that dude is way better than i thought he'd be.
    Gordon's stroke looks so clean now, it's crazy. I expected strong rebound/assist numbers from Simmons but I'm surprised he's keeping the FG% so high. Turns out you can survive just fine with a broken J at his size and skill, at least in the regular season.

Now if only the 76ers don't continue to ruin Fultz

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I'm holding my breath about the Pistons. Being tied for 1st seven games in is nice, but there is plenty of time to implode. Drummond with the 70% free throw average is a nice surprise. If he can keep that up that could keep the Pistons in the hunt.
    East is trash, pistons should be able to make the playoffs

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see something like what happened in 2004 where a team that has no business winning it all does, or at least comes close. I'm not a fan of super teams in any sport.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

mmm, well the thing was, that team was actually low key really freaking good. just people didn't really understand that ben wallace was a goat-level defender and that adding sheed turned them into championship caliber. they weren't household names, but they were so damn strong. also, up until that point everyone was riding a hype train of how good the lakers were, even though they pretty much had no depth. it seemed like an upset on the surface, but really detroit was super good that year and the next. they ran out of gas the second year but for stretches they looked unstoppable.

there isn't really gonna be such a thing as a team winning a championship that doesn't actually have business winning it. if anyone dethrones GS it'll for sure be an upset, but the team to do it will have some legit players.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @wojespn
    Orlando has declined the fourth-year option on Mario Hezonja, fifth overall pick in 2015 Draft, league sources told ESPN.

Philly also declined their $6.3 million option for center Jahlil Okafor

GATTACA!

BG Level

Spurs or the like need to sign Mario and revitalize him, get his swagger back

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    mmm, well the thing was, that team was actually low key really freaking good. just people didn't really understand that ben wallace was a goat-level defender and that adding sheed turned them into championship caliber. they weren't household names, but they were so damn strong. also, up until that point everyone was riding a hype train of how good the lakers were, even though they pretty much had no depth. it seemed like an upset on the surface, but really detroit was super good that year and the next. they ran out of gas the second year but for stretches they looked unstoppable.

there isn't really gonna be such a thing as a team winning a championship that doesn't actually have business winning it. if anyone dethrones GS it'll for sure be an upset, but the team to do it will have some legit players.
    No doubt Sheed helped majorly. I recall many thought Chauncey was washed up. Rip was a sharpshooter for sure. Tayshaun...not sure what people outside of Michigan thought but he stepped up huge in the post season. The bench for sure was pretty deep. Elden Campbell, Darvin Ham, Lindsey Hunter, Mehmet Okur, and Corliss Williamson all played their roles in winning that ship.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Spurs or the like need to sign Mario and revitalize him, get his swagger back

agreed, i will die on Hezonja hamlet

also i know Okafor doesn't do any of the things you want a modern center to do but someone ought to take a shot on a 21 year old that can score so efficiently from the post. dude should be able to at least anchor 2nd unit offenses, and has the better part of a decade to improve everything else

GATTACA!

BG Level

agreed, i will die on Hezonja hamlet

also i know Okafor doesn't do any of the things you want a modern center to do but someone ought to take a shot on a 21 year old that can score so efficiently from the post. dude should be able to at least anchor 2nd unit offenses, and has the better part of a decade to improve everything else
    Yep, no reason he can't be Al Jefferson. All up to his motivation I think

BG Level

just wanted to give you guys a heads-up turns out LeBron James is p good at basketball

GATTACA!

BG Level

just wanted to give you guys a heads-up turns out LeBron James is p good at basketball
    Cavs barely hold on with 57 from him playing the entire second half :X

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure he played every single minute of the second half.

Tho he did grt a long break when the refs decided to spend like 10 minutes trying to count the total fouls.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Cavs so bad they lost to hawks at home. Hurts the tank

GATTACA!

BG Level

Hawks and Bulls likely landing spots for the great Jahlil. I'm OK with it if we can shed Bazemore in the deal as has been speculated.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He's a terrible defender and can't shoot 3s. He has a solid post game but can't cover new 4s on the perimeter. He's like a 7th man on a good team.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

imagine if the sixers didnt throw away the #3 pick oh him. wtf

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't win em all. Considering how Simmons and Embiid are playing out The Process certainly succeeded.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    He's a terrible defender and can't shoot 3s. He has a solid post game but can't cover new 4s on the perimeter. He's like a 7th man on a good team.
    he's also 21 has solid shooting form and made significant physical changes in the offseason to slim down and get faster. don't give up the gems for him but well worth a look for a hopeless team like the Hawks or the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    imagine if the sixers didnt throw away the #3 pick oh him. wtf
    the entire NBA should be be eternally grateful they passed on Porzingis.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the entire NBA should be be eternally grateful they passed on Porzingis.
    Poor Hinkie. He wanted Porzingis right? What is he up to now?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Hence why we'd be shedding salary, not giving up any real value. I think 7th man is incredibly generous, he's not even sniffing the rotation for a good team

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast