1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

From what I've heard trough the grapevine, possible 6 phases and someone apparently found a golden Bahamut in the dats, unsure the validity of that tho. I've got zero way of doing any datmining to prove anything.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    unsure the validity of that tho.
    It's true.

Also fuck Twin's mechanics from a consistency standpoint. Going to be so many dumb wipes to her while progressing in the later phases I feel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    From what I've heard trough the grapevine, possible 6 phases and someone apparently found a golden Bahamut in the dats, unsure the validity of that tho. I've got zero way of doing any datmining to prove anything.
    So I'm guessing it's Twintania>Nael>Bahamut>trio>adds (?)> golden Bahamut. Actually nevermind, there's Pheonix involved too apparently lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    So I'm guessing it's Twintania>Nael>Bahamut>trio>adds (?)> golden Bahamut. Actually nevermind, there's Pheonix involved too apparently lol.
    holy shit oO

Maybe the Golden Bahamut is a mount reward?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

No clue..me and some FC mates are just getting to first phase of Bahamut lol, Nael is such a cluster fuck at times we're not getting past it consistently.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    holy shit oO

Maybe the Golden Bahamut is a mount reward?
    If he was he would've been datamined as much. He's part of this fight, likely his last form.

Also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnB77B0qiiU

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    It's the theme from Flames of Truth.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

v4s was cleared within 24 hours right?

I guess this really is Super Savage :D

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So if I understand correctly, this isn't T5/T9/T13 Savage, but rather one fight that transitions from Twintania to Nael Deus Darnus to Bahamut Prime?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think of it as A6S, just rather than running between the robots they just spawn with large aoe dmg and then get straight down to business, no warm-ups.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say more like A8S with how each phase has been a completely different boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    So if I understand correctly, this isn't T5/T9/T13 Savage, but rather one fight that transitions from Twintania to Nael Deus Darnus to Bahamut Prime?
    Yes, also each mechanic has been altered or mixed up with others. See the video above with Bahamut's divebomb for one example.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Surviving that dive and then dealing with a lot of what made T13 nasty and then jumping right into the next dive.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCrazyGoshawkDAESuppy

the second dive looks just retarded, 4 towers, liquid hell, megaflare satellites, and super nova. I'm just waiting to see 3 hatches drop from the sky right after.. I'm still stuck on Nael with my group but this is looking really fucking silly as people creep further and further into the fight, the only thing I'm happy about thus far is no rebuilding enmity for each new boss that emerges for you. I'm just awaiting the inevitable enmity resets to fuck tanks.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Outside of the general ludicrous damage from Mega flare, second dive doesn't seem too bad with the timing on everything.

Looks like Twin targeted farthest person (like Twin's own fight), so they'd need to keep that in mind for dodging and not getting hit by dives. Dive bait picks whatever spot ends up safest. Healers clench butt during mega flare heals, dodge the super novas, then immediately hit the four towers since presumably those go off right after.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

This is exactly what the elite wanted. I don't want to hear a goddamn complaint about how "absurd" or "ludicrous" it looks. I agree that its both those things, but SE gave the uber hardcore what they wanted.

Have at it. Grind your dicks against the pestle and grindstone until it sloughs off. I will enjoy watching the absurdity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I will call it as absurd and ludicrous as I want damnit! Its a huge bunch of bullshit wrapped up in a delicious wrapper.

And the odd series of patches have been way overdue for this fucking content.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    This is exactly what the elite wanted. I don't want to hear a goddamn complaint about how "absurd" or "ludicrous" it looks. I agree that its both those things, but SE gave the uber hardcore what they wanted.

Have at it. Grind your dicks against the pestle and grindstone until it sloughs off. I will enjoy watching the absurdity.
    You never heard that from people who want challenging content, though. Yoshi just gets confused because of all the casual players complaining about entitlement. The only problem is if this is consistently beatable, because there can be such a thing as SE overtuning, e.g Gordias 3, since Yoshida said off the bat if no one beats it within a few weeks they'll nerf it a bit.

It's fun as hell and actually refreshing to have to put work into something in this game again. O4S was a step up in this tier, but really, this is more of a nostalgic trip for people.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it's great that they're actually adding stuff for the hardcore players. I've gone down to "midcore" myself over the last couple of years, but I enjoy watching people try to beat this thing and it looks like it could be a ton of fun for those that are in to hardcore raiding progression. I can only hope this isn't a one-and-done and there will be more down the line. Inevitably there'll be tons of tumblrinas posting on the forums bitching about how they can't have a glowy weapon because they can't get passed the first set of twisters.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Went in first time today with my alts group, had a few pugs and experienced the 'i dont know how to do twisters' :'D fml

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I just like sitting back and watching people race to try to beat this. It's so funny how brutally amazing the mechanics are. Memes for days! Truly a gift to the playerbase.