1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    You never heard that from people who want challenging content, though. Yoshi just gets confused because of all the casual players complaining about entitlement. The only problem is if this is consistently beatable, because there can be such a thing as SE overtuning, e.g Gordias 3, since Yoshida said off the bat if no one beats it within a few weeks they'll nerf it a bit.

It's fun as hell and actually refreshing to have to put work into something in this game again. O4S was a step up in this tier, but really, this is more of a nostalgic trip for people.
    The problem is that they tried to do that with the only endgame raid available, that was a bad move. This on the other hand is perfect imo.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I think it's great that they're actually adding stuff for the hardcore players. I've gone down to "midcore" myself over the last couple of years, but I enjoy watching people try to beat this thing and it looks like it could be a ton of fun for those that are in to hardcore raiding progression. I can only hope this isn't a one-and-done and there will be more down the line. Inevitably there'll be tons of tumblrinas posting on the forums bitching about how they can't have a glowy weapon because they can't get passed the first set of twisters.
    all of this. I haven't even beaten v2s because I'm laaaaaazy. but I'm really happy that they put this battle out. this kind of content should absolutely be the pinnacle of endgame: pointlessly difficult battles that offer little more than trophy rewards. that way the hardcore get to have their fun, and yet the rest of the playerbase isn't missing out on equipment upgrades or whatnot. not all content has to be geared toward all players and I hope they never nerf this and also put an ilvl cap on it so it's never outgeared.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Raid group got to nael. We spent an hour and half inside there and that hour and a half disappeared quick.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm not happy admitting that over 4 years of doing content this is the only fight I felt like I needed ACT triggers only because of Nael. I hate that having to read his stupid text clues you in on which two mechanics he is about to do. This one change has made that entire phase a lot less stressful.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'm not happy admitting that over 4 years of doing content this is the only fight I felt like I needed ACT triggers only because of Nael. I hate that having to read his stupid text clues you in on which two mechanics he is about to do. This one change has made that entire phase a lot less stressful.
    she

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Promander smuggling may ruin the spirit of world first a lot has been leaked about the fight due to it.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Promander smuggling may ruin the spirit of world first a lot has been leaked about the fight due to it.
    gdi this is why we can't have nice things

should have seen it coming, I guess. but I hope whoever's doing it gets banned af.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Didn't SE say they fixed that? lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

from my recollection they just banned the dude. which, apparently, he's still playing but under a new account or some shit and is a pvp haxx0r. which is all just a reminder that FFXIV's drama game is insanely weak compared to Aery, Sky, etc.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

As it should be. Play the goddamn game. You aren't a freshman in college anymore.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I can play the game and still enjoy the drama at the same time! YOU DON'T KNOW ME

Although the only game I play lately is Gathering Fantasy XIV: The Levening, let's be honest

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

How do you even get pomanders out of potd?
    I can't think of how that would even work.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Knowing the shortcuts they used during ARR's development, it was probably as simple as sending the server the "Hey I used X Pomander" and it just accepted it without confirming you even had the item, given it uses its own system separate from player inventory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I remember early on in this game it being possible to write a script that would send information to the servers and you'd be able to edit your character's levels and inventory.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It has to do with changing out a player action with cheat engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I remember early on in this game it being possible to write a script that would send information to the servers and you'd be able to edit your character's levels and inventory.
    Yep, there were people that would buy potions and turn them into plat allagan pieces and sell them. I don't believe they got perm-banned for this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Knowing the shortcuts they used during ARR's development, it was probably as simple as sending the server the "Hey I used X Pomander" and it just accepted it without confirming you even had the item, given it uses its own system separate from player inventory.
    This is still possible, via CheatEngine because of some change they made during 4.0..that's why you're able to do the pomander/key item smuggling (it's more using defense lowering key items that aren't meant to be usable outside of those quests on bosses.) What I don't get is why they don't realize SE is watching Ultimate very closely from a statistical standpoint as well.

That or they just don't care cuz they know SE hardly bans players.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I see.

I do remember hearing about the exploit to change character levels and gil. Just thought it was typical bad SE coding but the fact that you can still use items like this is a little sad.

Anyway I really hope world first on this isn't tainted by cheaters. We finally get something that is legitimately hard to beat no matter how many of the best players throw themselves at it. Those guys are the ones who deserve to eventually world first it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

no one's going to recognize a pomander world first as the genuine world first

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd be way too easy to check for the Dev Team and they always announce world firsts so if someone's cheating they simply won't recognize them and keep waiting for a proper clear. The only issue I see here is possible mechanic spoilers coming out but if they're oneshotting bosses there's no chance they'll see even one.

Clearly they're only cheating for those sweet glamours I mean why else would you wanna fight an incredibly difficult boss? Challenge? That shit's for losers who has time for that.

That being said, it's pretty hard to care overall. Yeah, don't cheat and all but really, just don't get caught or show off. What other people choose to do with their time is their business and really only becomes a problem if they're passing it off as legit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast