1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Clearly they're only cheating for those sweet glamours I mean why else would you wanna fight an incredibly difficult boss? Challenge? That shit's for losers who has time for that.

That being said, it's pretty hard to care overall. Yeah, don't cheat and all but really, just don't get caught or show off. What other people choose to do with their time is their business and really only becomes a problem if they're passing it off as legit.
    In a online game cheating affects you too, because you might be stuck with these cheaters in another activity where they probably won’t be on par.

But it’s xiv were talking where the main content is dressing like a cat and trying to find a virtual house

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    In a online game cheating affects you too, because you might be stuck with these cheaters in another activity where they probably won’t be on par.

But it’s xiv were talking where the main content is dressing like a cat and trying to find a virtual house
    The only thing I'd change about this statement is that most people aren't on par regardless of whether they cheat or not. But in a game like this where you aren't directly competing with other people for drops it just feels like whatever.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Back to actual fight discussion, is this fight one of those cases where you'd want to ride the meta hard? We're NINless right now, and just barely squeezing by Twintania's DPS check with zero deaths, and sometimes needing an LB1 to help push. I'm also unsure what would be the optimal healer comp would be. Omega we progressed as AST/WHM, but I figured SCH's snap-heals with the current buffs and frequency of being able to do so (every 30s vs. Earthly Star's 1min+10s wait) would make it edge out AST in Ultimate. Indom/Excog are just really fucking nice to allow you to ride your GCD on DPS more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Short answer is yes. This is definitely more a meta comp fight at the time and is expecting you to bring the best. This expectation will decrease over time as better gear is available and will mainly fall to fight execution rather than gear/items/comp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show

God dangit I wanna see this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This expansion is gonna be insane if we do get a fight like this every other patch. Although I don't think there's a set of fights as memorable as these three bosses to make Ultimates out of, maybe only Titan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I honestly don't think this fight will be topped.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This expansion is gonna be insane if we do get a fight like this every other patch. Although I don't think there's a set of fights as memorable as these three bosses to make Ultimates out of, maybe only Titan.
    Warring Triad Ultimate.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That and all 2.0 Primals in one encounter, mixed & matched between phases. Garuda sisters divebombing, Titan landslides + Leviathan's boat slam, Moogle's Delta Attack + Ifrit's Searing Wind, etc.

Remember this was the expansion they said that 4.5 wouldn't be the last update like 2.0/3.0 were.

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Short answer is yes. This is definitely more a meta comp fight at the time and is expecting you to bring the best. This expectation will decrease over time as better gear is available and will mainly fall to fight execution rather than gear/items/comp.
    The more I run it the more I feel Trick Attack would give more breathing space. Isn't any better-gear though short of 4.3 landing and resetting the iLvl curve, but I want this cleared before then if it's even possible for my group.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think if you did a primal mashup, it should be the 6 elementals together, and then put Moggle Mog with the Minstrel's Ballad fights (Ultima/Thordan/Nidhogg).

Moogles just don't belong with Ifrit/Garuda/Titan/Leviathan/Ramuh/Shiva.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well now I'm envisioning moogles dressed up as those 6 primals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

TBH I'd rather envision a Ultima weapon (Ultimate) wherein he has absorbed Levi, Ramuh, And Shiva in addition to the other 3 primals.

But then again Shinryu basically does that already. =/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Given that Moogle EX is arguably the most purely chaotic fight in the entire game, I'm not sure I want to see an Ultimate version... or then again, maybe that's precisely why it would make a great candidate.

Titan Ultimate, now that would be interesting. Titan hard/EX was a game-changing experience for me and many other players as well.

And of course, then there's Warring Triad EX. There are so many things they could do. All three of those fights have mechanics that, if enhanced, could bring a whole new meaning to the term "brutal." Sephex's second phase knockback dance, but this time it has multiple patterns and you have to figure them out on the fly, while tethers and towers are going off. Sophia's tilt without the cheesy "even/odd + blue" method, also the daughter insta-kills instead of just damaging you (it pissed me off when farming Sophia how you could just sit on the far end and live with a vuln stack regardless of tilt). And oh god, Zurvan. A wasted opportunity when he first came out in EX mode. Meteors + tethers + god knows what else with far more difficult patterns or maybe Southern Cross goes off RIGHT before the meteors hit, something like that, and that's not even scratching the surface.

Now that I'm typing it all out, yeah, Warring Triad Ultimate would be my preference. Altho I never did Alex or Coil so, grain of salt.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Waring Triad Ultimate with the final boss being Kefka and all of his godlike forms. I doubt they would ever create unique models for encounters tho..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They could include Kefka in with the Omega storyline and combine them that way.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think I would most enjoy seeing a super primals fight with the original 6 elemental primals (Iffy/Titan/Ruda/Levi/Rams/Shiva). Shinryu is kinda like that but he only borrows one or two mechanics from each primal. Ultimate should be a lot more involved than that.

Realistically though, the next one they make (if they make another at all) will most likely be the 3 big alexander bosses. I'm sure it would be similiar to Ultimate Coil, with recycled and tweaked Alex mechanics instead. Looking forward to it already~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Realistically though, the next one they make (if they make another at all) will most likely be the 3 big alexander bosses. I'm sure it would be similiar to Ultimate Coil, with recycled and tweaked Alex mechanics instead. Looking forward to it already~
    This is what I think as well however it doesn't give the same Epic vibes that Bahamut does. (Mostly because A4S alone was already an Ultimate encounter and the whole alexander series was pretty meh).

Then again their original plan was a Titan Ultimate fight.

As much as I think gauntlet fights are cool I'd rather just have harder normal fights.

Can we get a version of Ultima Weapon that's actually hard too? I'm hoping Omega does the concept justice at least.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    As much as I think gauntlet fights are cool I'd rather just have harder normal fights.

Can we get a version of Ultima Weapon that's actually hard too? I'm hoping Omega does the concept justice at least.
    Ultima weapon hard was hard

(with pugs that is)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    They could include Kefka in with the Omega storyline and combine them that way.
    They could but I have the feeling that they're gonna use a popular entry like VII next, assuming they move on from V that is. VII,VIII and IX have barely been used as inspiration for enemies/bosses so far and VI had the whole Triad in HW already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast