+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I had no fucking clue who Morales was, had to go and look him up again afterwards.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

wtfux, did john wick go and train everyone, especialy morgan

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why is no one picking up fully loaded weapons? I mean, seriously. Morgan had two guns. One ran out of bullets, and he keeps going with only one gun, which is probably half empty at that point? You just sniped two guys with fully loaded automatic rifles. Take one at least, ffs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i thought morgan was gonan start offing good guys in his kiling rage once he exited the building.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Season premiere was widely panned, 2nd episode of this season has the lowest ratings since season 2. Wonder if the honeymoon's finally over.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Season premiere was widely panned, 2nd episode of this season has the lowest ratings since season 2. Wonder if the honeymoon's finally over.
    A common complaint about this show is nothing happens, and there is just episodes (or even seasons) of nothing but character development. But, to me, the character development is what makes the show interesting, and allows for the action payoff to mean something. Two episodes of what amounts to 99% gun battles is, to me, nothing happening. The most consequential character to get so much as injured is Aaron's boyfriend (Eric, I think?) who has had maybe 10 lines the whole series. I don't need characters to die to keep it interesting, but if there's a multiple episode long gun battle, there should be consequences.

If this whole half season is one big "All Out War" and a never ending stream of gun fights, I don't think I'm going to make it through this season. There's got to be a balance between the two, and the Walking Dead frequently misses the mark on that.

BG Level

Well put, Byrd. At this point, I'm asking myself "can the walkers please win?"

All I remember from these two episodes was a lot of wasted ammo, Morgan can't be killed and goes on a murder spree, some friction between Morgan/Tara/Jesus, and Negan & Gabriel are trapped in a trailer or something, where Gabriel may or may not be wearing his shittin' pants. Tiger ex machina too, I guess.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How long are they going to develop characters though? Pretty sure we've seen every angle of Rick and Co's personalities. The show had one moment where we were introduced to a larger world and that was when they met Saviors and then we were back to pissing contest between the tribes.

Maybe I am alone on this, but I think there needs to be a larger overarching environment, like remnants of old government, army, other militias introduced, to keep the show interesting. Because when reading books and watching TV series, I was always excited to see that after every encounter or conflict, the group learned that there's a bigger picture to this whole mess they are in.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No crisis of conscience Daryl is the best Daryl

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So last season Morgan was all like “all life is precious” and this season he is all like “gotta kill them all”

Did the writers just not care and 180’d him?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    So last season Morgan was all like “all life is precious” and this season he is all like “gotta kill them all”

Well prior to “all life is precious” his kid died and he had a mental breakdown and was like “gotta kill them all”. Then when the kid from the kingdom died he relapsed and is now once again killing them all.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Well prior to “all life is precious” his kid died and he had a mental breakdown and was like “gotta kill them all”. Then when the kid from the kingdom died he relapsed and is now once again killing them all.
    This. Plus there's mixed messages from Rick's camp. They tried to hammer the idea of "kill them before they kill you" in to his head, but then Jesus wants to take prisoners all of a sudden. Logical thing to do would be to kill the opposition until Negan is taken out, then see which side they're on. Jesus only added a new problem to the mix.

If anything, Rick is the inconsistent character in this. Also felt like the Morales scene went on way too long. Just a quick scene of him explaining his family died and him threatened Rick then have Daryl kill him. Felt drawn out and pointless in the end. Still the better episode of the season, so far. Hopefully gets better up to mid season finale.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    This. Plus there's mixed messages from Rick's camp. They tried to hammer the idea of "kill them before they kill you" in to his head, but then Jesus wants to take prisoners all of a sudden. Logical thing to do would be to kill the opposition until Negan is taken out, then see which side they're on. Jesus only added a new problem to the mix.

If anything, Rick is the inconsistent character in this. Also felt like the Morales scene went on way too long. Just a quick scene of him explaining his family died and him threatened Rick then have Daryl kill him. Felt drawn out and pointless in the end. Still the better episode of the season, so far. Hopefully gets better up to mid season finale.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Nah fam, I think the Morales scene where he tells Rick they are pretty much the same and then Daryl killing that one dude after after Rick promised he wouldn't is pretty clearly leading to Rick having another crisis of conscience to where he has Negan beat and has the chance to kill him but he decides not to.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I had no fucking clue who Morales was, had to go and look him up again afterwards.
    so who is he lol, i don't remember

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but thats not much of a surprise.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Morales was drawn out because I doubt the actor would come back for a 1 min scene.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Did you not watch the episode at all? They paint by numbers explained exactly who he was specifically for people like you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post

This show has writers?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Did you not watch the episode at all? They paint by numbers explained exactly who he was specifically for people like you.
    Still no idea who he is /was.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Do you guys watch the show on mute?

He was in Rick's group for like 2 eps in season 1. He was with the group before Rick found them. He left with his family though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag