+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Haven't watched this shit in two years, and just had spoiled that a main person died. Is this worth picking up and finishing or is it still as bad as I remember?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    The rest of the episode was decent enough. Written by the new showrunner so hopefully that’s a good sign.
    I agree the rest of the episode was pretty good, the first ten minutes though almost had me turning shit off from the stupidity.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    The rest of the episode was decent enough. Written by the new showrunner so hopefully that’s a good sign.
    Yeah, once we got past the Rick-and-Michonne trap themselves in Garbageland by some Walking Dead Brand Incredulous Setup, I thought this was one of the better episodes in a long time. Hooray for killing off 90% of the garbage people. Although the garbage people have a helipad? That's got to be somewhat related to the helicopter that flew over a year or two ago, doesn't it? Or did we get an answer for that and I've forgotten?

The Rick and Negan conversation was particularly good. Rick and Negan almost seem to be switching places - Rick is vindictive, out of control, and violent, whereas even under the worst conditions possible, Negan keeps himself cool and manages to be calculating. He still champions his (admittedly flawed) rules of law and order, even while his own second-in-command is advocating (and committing) mass murder.

I imagine Rick will reign it in a bit once he comes down off his grieving high, but right now, he appears more villainous than Negan.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Yeah I agree the first ten mins was wasted, but I actually enjoyed the rest. Jadis paid for playing games. The fact that she didn't jump in the trash compactor herself shows she'll be back. That'll be her true redemption if she uses their helicopter to aid Rick. How is it that the made for TV character can get an arc, but Carl, Noah, Beth, Andrea, and the rest of the bigger characters who died for shock value couldn't?

Either way, it was nice to mostly enjoy an episode of this show again.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

It looks like they're gonna skip an arc from the comics.

Spoiler: show
    Georgie seems to be from The Commonwealth. If they're going to the New World Order arc already, I guess it means they might skip The Whisperers. Which is fine as it was another turf war. I guess since Carl was integral to that arc they'll just skip it instead of trying to write around it lol.

I assume they're doing this as a result of declining ratings. Fans seem to be tired of The Saviors already so it makes sense that they'd skip ahead. It's time to wrap this story up anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last ep was pretty good. I enjoy psycho Rick and Simon doing his scheming but I'm afraid that is leading him to his demise.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got really excited to see actual zombie theory stuff being possibly used (zombie blood virus), but I doubt thats going to happen.. I had forgotten that this show once had some sort of zombie focus.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I keep my expectations super low, but wow, that episode sucked. lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One problem this show has, and has had since the beginning, is the amount of time it takes for a person to turn into a walker after death. There seems to be no set time and the only common thread is that someone turns exactly when the plot demands it. I've accepted it, but it still bothers me.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Pretty decent episode. I knew Simon was done for, but the one on one fist fight was a cool way to go out. I'll miss that character.

Pretty sure Dwight will get executed to start off the big battle for the finale. I'm guessing Eugene was shot to make those blood stains for Daryl to track, yet appears unharmed back at his outpost. Just dirty from the rubble he hid in. Pretty sure he'll die in the finale too.

Also predicting Aaron and the Oceanside will act as the final battle's "ride of the Rohirrim" moment.

Dwight, Eugene, the head Saviors, & Gregory gonna die. I feel like they'll keep Negan alive but who knows.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

RIP Trevor Phillips

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

EW interview with Steven Ogg, they asked how he found out his character would be dying. He said Scott Gimple casually dropped it on him at the season 8 premiere party. "Oh, you know, you're going to be dying this year." Gimple really is living up to that shitty reputation.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    EW interview with Steven Ogg, they asked how he found out his character would be dying. He said Scott Gimple casually dropped it on him at the season 8 premiere party. "Oh, you know, you're going to be dying this year." Gimple really is living up to that shitty reputation.
    Thankfully he's moving on. Lucky for Steven Ogg his popularity has been pretty high so he won't have trouble finding work.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

EW interview with Gimple, he says the season finale this Sunday will act as a finale for the previous 8 seasons, and there will be a dramatic narrative shift beginning next season. Personally I am taking that as saying that a lot of characters will die and we'll get a time jump next year. Also, Carl will appear in the finale via flashbacks.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Well, you're wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    EW interview with Gimple, he says the season finale this Sunday will act as a finale for the previous 8 seasons, and there will be a dramatic narrative shift beginning next season. Personally I am taking that as saying that a lot of characters will die and we'll get a time jump next year. Also, Carl will appear in the finale via flashbacks.
    Pretty much the impression I got too. I've said it before but I'm sure they'll skip the the next villain in favor of the story arc after that in the comic, since there's no Carl.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm actually looking forward to next season and the post-All Out War plot. I'm ready for the show to take a new direction. That might be its death knell, or it might drive me away from it, or it just might get better.

I'm OK with any of those three options.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just wanna know wtf the helicopter was about. Is that a comic storyline?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hooo boy I can see a lot of people being pissed about that ending.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That ending? The episode itself was pretty weak. They could've had at least a little bit of a fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag