+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoiler: show
    I didn't really mind the lack of a large scale fight. Having Eugene's plan come to fruition was kinda nice. I wish the final fight between Negan and Rick had been a bit more meaningful and intense. The awkward 10 second deal with Negan borderline crying before getting his throat slit was really uncharacteristic and weird. It pulled me outta the scene if anything.

I don't read the comic. Is this mutiny from Maggie from there or something outta left field? I know Daryl isn't part of the comic, but seeing Jesus seemingly being on board as well was really awkward. Out of everyone, I'd think he'd be the most opposed to such a thing. Keeping Negan alive is sorta cool but I wonder how much they'll actually use him going forward, if he'll be a guest character here and there, be largely forgotten until some cliche redeeming moment a season later or something, or if they'll just kill him off in some other silly way.

But yeah, pretty meh for a season finale. Decent enough episode I guess. Glad to see Rick is off the kill-all-the-things train. The stunt at the bar a few episodes ago really set the tone pretty heavily towards fuck Rick.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Lot of buildup for a pretty underwhelming finale

They really played up Eugene like he went full Savior last week, but with all the close ups on him and his reactions in this episode, it pretty much gave his plan away. We all knew Rick and crew weren't going to get slaughtered anyway. The Morgan bits were boring and more of the same old. Guessing he'll catch the helicopter to wherever FtwD takes place.

Surprised they didn't show that during this episode. Also, all that buildup for the Oceanside to ride in and save the day, and they only saved Tara & co some bullets lol. Like five seconds of screen time, woo. Also shocked they stuck to the comic w/Negan. I guess there's supposed to be a civil war brewing with the Hilltop now? Was odd seeing Jesus just go along with it and that scene making them all look sinister.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Two main gripes:

1) The Rick/Negan fight was rushed. It basically followed the same premise as the comics but cut out the bits that would have made it make more sense. I.e in the show, Negan just tears up when Rick starts going off about creating a new world. In the comics, Negan comes to a revelation about how he's been doing it all wrong, how they can establish trade and whatnot, etc before Rick slashes his throat.

2) While I don't agree with it, I can kinda understand Maggie plotting against Rick to try and find a way to kill Negan. But there's no way Jesus would ever go along with it, despite how loyal he may be to Maggie.

Not sure if anyone is still watching Fear the Walking Dead...but you might want to watch season 4. First episode was really really solid.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarien View Post
    2) While I don't agree with it, I can kinda understand Maggie plotting against Rick to try and find a way to kill Negan. But there's no way Jesus would ever go along with it, despite how loyal he may be to Maggie.
    Agreed. I don't know if they are plotting full rebellion, but if finding a way to kill Negan is their only end goal, I guess I can get on board with that. Maggie and Daryl made sense being in that conversation; Jesus not so much. Maybe he's just playing along until her anger cools down and he can talk her out of it.

Dwight banished to the wilderness to fend for himself is definitely a change to the comics, and a curious one. Who is running the Sanctuary now? The blonde woman whose name I can't recall? I can't imagine Eugene is going back there - he'd be crucified, regardless of how big a leaf they have turned over.

I'm most perturbed by the two season buildup of Oceanside being key to them saving the day, but them having almost no impact whatsoever. So near as I can tell, they were only in for the one scene, unless there were some of them in the montage at the end. I kind of felt like they were planning on having a 90 minute episode, but it got cut down to 60, so a bunch of scenes at the hilltop got cut out. I don't think we saw a peep of Gregory either, did we? He was discussed, but not seen.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still watching Fear the Walking Dead...but you might want to watch season 4. First episode was really really solid.
    Pass. I'm not getting sucked into more Walking Dead lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Season 8 finale was the lowest rated finale since season 1. A 34% drop from the season 7 finale.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Not surprised. I'm thinking they'll go for ten seasons and wrap it up, assuming they get that far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That's surprising to me. But i will be curious how they kill him off. You usually don't up and leave in the middle of a contract unless something drastic happens so something went down behind the scenes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sounds like Lauren Cohen is also leaving and Daryl is getting promoted to series lead.

That's probably it, folks. Show's over.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pretty much just leaves what Eugene and Michonne as the main characters from the comics now at this point right? If nothing else this could open up a lot more creative freedom for the writers no longer having to worry about who is supposed to be doing what at this point in time. Of course that leaves the problem of them having to figure out how to be creative.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    That's surprising to me. But i will be curious how they kill him off. You usually don't up and leave in the middle of a contract unless something drastic happens so something went down behind the scenes
    Really curious what all went down and why. Hope they don't take the route of Maggie/Hilltop kill Rick, Daryl has a change of heart and leads Alexandria, Michonne, and the others to conquer the Hilltop. It'll just be dumb seeing so much double crossing, specially since the entire point of the ending of last season was to push for this whole co-exist plot. Doubling back so soon would be annoying.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Pretty much just leaves what Eugene and Michonne as the main characters from the comics now at this point right? If nothing else this could open up a lot more creative freedom for the writers no longer having to worry about who is supposed to be doing what at this point in time. Of course that leaves the problem of them having to figure out how to be creative.
    I've seen their creative freedoms already. I don't want it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

They're probably leaving because of what happened with Carl. That's what I hear anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    They're probably leaving because of what happened with Carl. That's what I hear anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm thinking. They always talked about Rick lasting for quite a while. Sudden departure is suspect. Daryl is cool but IDK if he can lead the series. Lauren is gorgeous but I wouldn't care if they got rid of Maggie. What a trainwreck.

Sounds like I haven't missed much over the past few seasons :/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lauren Cohan now confirmed to be leaving the series after six episodes next season.

EDIT: And also AMC offering Norman Reedus $20 million to be the new series lead, holy shit that's gotta feel like a slap in the face to Cohan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

i can't believe they are still trying to continue the show. This is going to be a trainwreck and the show has already been dropping viewers left and right

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I wish they'd just make the show really stupid at this point. Like Daryl tries to start a zombie biker gang level of stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag