+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ghost of Tsushima - (July 17, 2020) | Director’s Cut (PS5/PS4) - August 20, 2021

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I approve of another Sucker Punch game as I always love their open worlds. I am assuming there will be some light/evil choices?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan–until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won’t lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting–the way of the Ghost–as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.
    Is there a game that you always wished someone would make, but they never did? Well, that’s what we’ve been doing here at Sucker Punch for the last few years—building the game we’ve wanted for so long to be able to play.
    It’s called Ghost of Tsushima.

Seriously, how come no one has made a sprawling samurai open-world game yet? Feudal Japan is beautiful; from the swaying bamboo forests to the ornate castles, it’s a place that demands to be explored. Don’t you want to wear a suit of samurai armor? Wouldn’t you like to fire a six-foot-tall samurai long bow? Want to journey across a lush countryside with a katana on your hip? For me, the answer is clearly “yes, yes please.”

I’ve been a fan of samurai comics since 5th grade, from Lone Wolf and Cub to Usagi Yojimbo. The types of characters, landscapes, betrayal, and sacrifice in those stories are a rich vein ready to be translated into a videogame. The artists and engineers here at Sucker Punch have brought this world to life on PlayStation 4, from tall grass blowing in the wind to the call of a far off crane, we want to make it feel real. All of what’s shown in our debut trailer was captured in our game engine, that’s the interactive world we’re painstakingly crafting together, that’s the world we’re going to set on fire.

In 1274, the Mongol army invaded Japan, their first stop: Tsushima Island. In Ghost of Tsushima, you play as a battered samurai, fighting back against overwhelming odds. In the trailer, you see the leader of the Mongols, a guy I would describe as an “uncomfortably reasonable killer” trying to intimidate our hero. It’s all there, right in that little scene. The power and confidence of the Mongol Empire coming face to face with pure, lethal, samurai determination.

We’re excited to finally be able to talk about the game and look forward to sharing more in the coming months. Keeping it a secret for so long has been painful. The trailer is the perfect way to share with the world what we’ve been dying to play for so many years—fighting back invaders in feudal Japan, mastering the katana and building your legend as “the Ghost.
    http://www.suckerpunch.com/category/...t-of-tsushima/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Since they said they dropped infamous a long time ago, I'm hoping this is infamous in feudal Japan.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

hype hype hype hype

gimme some gameplay

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    hype hype hype hype

gimme some gameplay

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post
    Since they said they dropped infamous a long time ago, I'm hoping this is infamous in feudal Japan.
    I'm hype about this because its Sucker Punch. But are they really done with Infamous for good?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No definitive statement from SP and Sony has went on record few years ago to say that the infamous series isn't necessarily over, but that SP is working on something else which turned out to be Ghost of Tsushima

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can’t wait for this game to come out . Haven’t heard anything for such a long time. Thanks 6souls lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just surprised it's still coming out for PS4 and not being pushed back for PS5 launch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I am so excited to announce that Ghost of Tsushima is coming Summer 2020!

I joined Sucker Punch as the new communications manager back in March (nice to meet you all!) and I’ve spent my entire time at the studio so far dying for the opportunity to show off more of the game. Today it’s my pleasure to finally do exactly that. I know it’s been a long wait for everyone looking forward to playing, so I want to start by thanking you for your patience. This is a big game for our studio (like…really big) and we’re taking our time to get it right.

Today, we debuted a brand-new trailer that delves deeper into the identity our hero is forced to adopt in order to save his home: The Ghost. While Jin starts our game as a samurai, he’ll learn skills and adopt tactics that are decidedly not samurai-like, and you can get a small taste in the footage we revealed today. In the months ahead, we’ll share more about Jin, the threats he faces, the allies that help him along his journey, and what he’ll have to give up to become this new kind of warrior.

As I mentioned, Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin. Our trailer includes some quick glimpses of the vibrant, diverse open world you’ll get to explore, but we’ve barely scratched the surface.

I’m also happy to reveal our box art today, featuring Jin in his Ghost armor as a growing storm looms behind him. You can also get a peek at some of the gear and upgrades Jin will acquire throughout his journey, which we’ll share many more details about next year.

Beyond our new trailer and box art today, we also have some brand-new Ghost of Tsushima merchandise to reveal. At the PlayStation Gear store, you’ll find the first of many new pieces of merch that we’ll have as we get closer to launch.

Andrew Goldfarb - Communications Manager, Sucker Punch Productions
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...4-summer-2020/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/...82597384089600

Deluxe and Collector's editions include a bonus dynamic theme in addition to the pre-order dynamic theme.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Info dump on Ghost of Tsushima I just saw on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment..._need_to_know/

Main stuff:

It’s an open-world samurai adventure.

The game is grounded and realistic. There's no supernatural elements in this game.

The game is a original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone.

Ghost of Tsushima is huge – the biggest game Sucker Punch has ever made by a wide margin.

You can play the game with a Japanese voice track. Even with a cast of mostly native Japanese speakers, they still have a dialogue coach for the game for authentic ancient Japanese.

No branching narrative

The game launches July 17th

The Game does have a photomode

Ghost of Tsushima Has Multiple Difficulty Settings

This isn’t going to be a UI heavy game

Swordplay and the horse is all mo-cap.

The composer of the game is Shigeru Umebayashi

The Story :

In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan. As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

The World :

There a lot of stories in the game that you may not find them all.

The game will feature NO waypoints

There are many side characters in the game, most which have sidequests.

Jin will learn new things from NPC quests

Each area in the game has a different theme. That reflects to different stories and narrative themes for each area. The name of the area on the demo is "The forest of no return". Features betrayal stories with darker tone

You will roam vast countrysides, explore billowing fields, and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes,bamboo forests to the urban center of ornate castles

They want to give players alot of navigational options ,we seeing horse riding, parkour and Jin swinging with the grappling hook so far

Dynamic time of day and weather , we seeing snow, and rain areas so far

Simulated clouds. All dynamic, not painted, never going to be seen twice

Procedural skies and procedural sun break tech

If you roll around a lot in the mud you will be completely cover. If it starts raining it washes away all the mud and blood

“Movement” is the environment theme, expect everything to move - blowing trees, windy fields, falling leaves

If you see something and you expect to be able to climb on it, then we want you to be able to climb on it

The trailer with Masako from E3 was a side mission

Jin will change what he is wearing. In a rain-drenched part of the world Jin has traded his traditional armor for a straw raincoat called a mino. This has both mechanical value and narrative value.

Combat :

The theme of the combat is “mud, blood, and steel”. They want a feeling of intensity and danger in the combat​

Combat system can scale all the way up from a one-on-one combat with a worthy opponent all the way up to dealing with a horde of Mongols

Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision

Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks

An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style

As Jin’s story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.

You can customize your katana

They want every swing to feel real, so every hit that connects leave a scar.

There is a progression system. Jin has learned to use a grapple hook but this is not part of his samurai training. He’s had to learn new tricks to silently kill the Mongols

Duels in the game is going to be very narrative base they want to build the tension, each duel will be around some unique element like the red tree

The square button will swing your sword

You can kill an enemy with a single strike from the blade if you hold the triangle button and release it at the right moment

You parry with L1

You can clean your blade with a button

Τhe chain assassinations we seen in the trailer you must hit the button at the right time to go to the next one there is a time period

Assassinations are one of the tactics you can use. There’s a fear factor here. If you do successfully assassinate someone then it stuns the other enemies around you and gives you an opportunity to perform follow-up attacks

You can perform horseback assassinations

Weapons we seen so far, swords,bows, stun/flash bombs and big possibility of more

Where Jin stabs someone though a screen is call the Shoji assassination.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    You can clean your blade with a button
    Sold.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All of that sounds good to me. Save the no waypoints thing. But Red Dead 2 had almost nothing as far as waypoints and I got through that game. Now I can do it as a samurai? Sold.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Guy from Predator.