My younger pupper post walk.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Adorable! Wrinkledogs are awesome.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So my vet test came back positive for hookworms just now, but vet office we did it through is not available (report came thru email). Anyone deal with this with their dog before? Afaik I can just start him on heartgaurd PLUS and it'll treat and control it all, plus heartworm. Is this all I need, or should I get prescription level stuff from a second vet visit? If that's what it takes it'll take longer to get this treated, so I kinda want to just go the otc route and start today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

There are dewormers that you can buy for your dog. You just have to check the packaging to make sure it takes care of what the dog has. Some may not treat certain types. They're a powder that gets mixed in with their food.

I'll see if I can find a package of what we used one time and see if it says hook worms and give you the brand name.

EDIT: Safeguard 4 Canine Dewormer. Works on tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. Basically you treat the dog with 1 gram per 10 lbs your dog weighs. 40 lb dog is 4 grams of the dewormer (our dog) and you do it three days in a row. That's what this packaging is for. If you have a larger dog, buy more packages.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Hah I do think animals can sense and see things we can't for sure.
    One of my step moms friends was a huge believer in that animals could sense a persons for lack of a better term soul. To the point where when her pets immediately came up to me she was like ok I trust you

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    There are dewormers that you can buy for your dog. You just have to check the packaging to make sure it takes care of what the dog has. Some may not treat certain types. They're a powder that gets mixed in with their food.

I'll see if I can find a package of what we used one time and see if it says hook worms and give you the brand name.

EDIT: Safeguard 4 Canine Dewormer. Works on tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. Basically you treat the dog with 1 gram per 10 lbs your dog weighs. 40 lb dog is 4 grams of the dewormer (our dog) and you do it three days in a row. That's what this packaging is for. If you have a larger dog, buy more packages.
    Awesome thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level

Got a new matamata! Pretty excited. Will post pics after work, let rhe little guy (gal? It's hard to tell) get settled in first.

This will be my third attempt. They are amazing animals but small mistakes can be lethal. Water temps and tank setup are critical.

Wish me luck guys!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    Got a new matamata! Pretty excited. Will post pics after work, let rhe little guy (gal? It's hard to tell) get settled in first.

This will be my third attempt. They are amazing animals but small mistakes can be lethal. Water temps and tank setup are critical.

Wish me luck guys!
    GL on your Zoran's Belt drop.

BG Level

ty!

and here's pics:

coming home:

in tank:

the tank looks bare, but it's not as bare as it looks. there is a big pile of leaves and debris to keep the water properly acidic; it kind of looks like weak tea when it's done right. it's kind of a pain in the ass but there is nothing else in the world that looks like a matamata. i started feeding him on the 2nd day home, to give her (her? pretty sure it's a her, actually but won't know for a couple of years) some time to chill out. he killed 15 fish the first evening, so great feeding response.

they feed on live small fish, firing their jaws out while expanding their throat and creating a vacuum to suck in the prey. then they constrict their throat, forcing the water out, and swallow the fish. vary the prey items with small live fish and stuff like small crayfish and shrimp. these guys get proper good sized, 18"+ shell length with their necks being nearly as long as their shells. all the skin flaps on their neck are sensitive to pressure and touch, and they are supposed to have excellent hearing/sensitive to vibration (gets to be kind of semantic there, they're not really detecting sound waves through the air but vibration through the water).

i am so happy, my head could explode.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Damn, that's an amazing looking little turtle. Good luck!

BG Level

have the tank pretty established now and he's eating well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Caught her mid yawn. Sometimes I feel the same.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yawning doggos continued

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Here's a yawning kitty

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I got in the habit of taking pics of my cats yawning. Made a coffee mug out of them.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nice. I miss having a cat.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I like to imagine theyre screaming with human voices.

BG Level

newest beast to follow me home:

(s?)he is a black roughneck monitor, Varanus rudicollis, native to the mangrove forests of thailand, malasia, etc. this one's about two years old, give or take. he's well established and feeding on fuzzy mice and is already pretty much the most docile, laid back monitor i have ever worked with. i was looking for a captive bred baby, but the guys at lost realms hand picked him for me and so far, he's a gem.

the tank is a temporary enclosure, until i can get his full sized one build. i am nearly done with my python's tank, but i aggravated my back and leg putting it together and had two training trips up to the bay which interrupted things. the python's tank is 78" tall (32" of that is the cabinet it sits on which houses the pump and filter for the heated pool) X 36" deep and 72" wide. all i need to do is touch up the interior, hang a door, sand the outside, and seal everything. i'll post pics of that one when it's done.

the monitor's enclosure will be the same basic build but will be 8' long instead of 6' and i will probably concrete over the inside.

i'm giving him a couple of days to rest; i will begin feeding him tomorrow. after a week or two i'll take him in to the vet for a check up. he's shown no signs of any infection but he is an import from SEA, so treatment for internal parasites is probably a good idea.

these guys top out at 5' long, but 4.5' is more typical and they're pretty slender.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That is a bad ass little lizard. Be sure to post pics once you get his new setup done as it sounds awesome. Heated pool...he's gonna live the good life.

How many years until he's at full size?

BG Level

Guessing he has another 2 years of serious growth before slowing down. They can get 5' bit thata rare (4' is more likely) and most of that is tail. Really they get about as big as a small cat, if a cat had a 6" neck and a 24" tail.
    He's a little under 30" I think. I haven't weighed or measured him yet, trying not to disturb him and let him settle in. Tried feeding him and he has a well developed feeding response (i.e. it was a bloodbath), so we're looking good there. Will alternate dusted insects and hopper mice/rat pups until I'm satisfied with his muscle tone and his parasite screens come back negative.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag