FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    monitor stuff
    Similar boat. Having to actually think about building an enclosure for my Iguana now (he's almost a year and a half old, tail almost touches the end of the tank which is the cutoff point). Going to have to build 8' x 4' x 2' (h x l x w), working out the logistics since the wood's gonna cost a bit considering any aromatic woods are lethal to reptiles. will be worth when I'm able to bring him around places and scare people with him tho, that's the reptile owner endgame.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

build your own. it's really the only way to go w/ large reptiles. have you priced a custom enclosure of the dimensions you need? i've had cars that cost less. (they were shitty cars, but you get the idea).

wife took a great pic earlier while i was at work:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Halloween cats say hello!

Leela wants to be a spider, Floof is still choosing her costume.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What breed is Floof? Our two newest that we adopted a year ago have similar tails. Shelter said they are muts. Not sure if coon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

No particular breed, ours are rescue mutts too. I wondered if there was some Main Coon in there somewhere as well as the tail reminds me of a friend's pure breed, just not quite as floofy as the real deal. They're both only 6mo old though, she could poof out more.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I love that we are a reptile-friendly forum. they so often get the proverbial pet shaft. your monitor looks amazing and oddly adorable (but I have a thing for reptiles).

I'd take a picture of my snake for y'all but she just ate this morning so she'll be hiding out for a few days, best not to disturb her. I've seen her vomit up a rat and it is not a fun thing. I'll have to wait until she poops (and you KNOW when she poops, my god the smell)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    No particular breed, ours are rescue mutts too. I wondered if there was some Main Coon in there somewhere as well as the tail reminds me of a friend's pure breed, just not quite as floofy as the real deal. They're both only 6mo old though, she could poof out more.
    While not official, we have what's most likely a Maine Coon Ragdoll mix and the two we adopted show signs of being more floofy than the former. They are only about 1 1/2 so we'll see what happens. However, the boy is already as big as our 9 year old Russian Blue. They are both beautiful cats and while the boy has a cataract we love him so much. He's an incredible cat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Could be, though i'd lean more toward the Ragdoll; Maine Coons, even mixes, often have the ear "tips", Floof is about the same size as mine was if its female.

Spoiler: show

Forgive the shitty quality; I lost my girl a few years back when cell phone cameras were terrible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bentley

Hazel

Fletcher

Simon

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I love that we are a reptile-friendly forum. they so often get the proverbial pet shaft. your monitor looks amazing and oddly adorable (but I have a thing for reptiles).

I'd take a picture of my snake for y'all but she just ate this morning so she'll be hiding out for a few days, best not to disturb her. I've seen her vomit up a rat and it is not a fun thing. I'll have to wait until she poops (and you KNOW when she poops, my god the smell)
    thanks man. he's really a treat to be around. i've got him feeding on tongs now so it's real easy. alternate tong feeding baby rats, hopper mice, and bowls full of dubia roaches he can pound out at will. vet visit went well; he's got nematodes (shocking!) but since i tong feed, it's super easy to give meds. you just pump a dead mouse full of the medicine, and he devours it.

and yes, take pics of the corn! that's a gorgeous snake.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Absolutely obsessed with my Siberian husky. I have wanted one ever since I was a little kid, and even though he is a hyperactive, spastic, hair shooting pain in the ass, I love him to death.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh god your husky is adorable. We almost got one, but I couldn't find a good breeder that could guarantee a smaller size. So...instead we got a Shiba!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Shibas are adorable as well. Very very cute faces. Just look at the smile! OHGOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I never knew what love was until that dog plopped in my lap. He's a natural cuddler too! OHGOOOOOOOOOOOD is what I say every time he walks by.

New pupper, had a couple weeks now.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Aww. What a cute fluff ball

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

anyone have experience with an arthritic pet? my cat is old and his joints are like a bowl of rice krispies they snap crackle and pop so much. most of what I'm finding is "feed him fish oil and glucosamine" but just curious if anyone has direct experience with this?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    anyone have experience with an arthritic pet? my cat is old and his joints are like a bowl of rice krispies they snap crackle and pop so much. most of what I'm finding is "feed him fish oil and glucosamine" but just curious if anyone has direct experience with this?
    I'd just keep an eye on your cat very closely. Try and ensure simple things like entering the box or where the dishes are placed is easy for them. One thing we did since our coon/ragdoll is huge and has some issues is we took two big totes and turned them into cat boxes by cutting essentially a door on one of the short sides. This way they can walk right into a large area instead of having to climb into a regular sized box.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hadn't thought of that. he is a big boy. part maine coon, though not 100%.

I have his food up on a ledge to keep it from bugs, but maybe it's time to move it back down to the floor and put it on a raised surface of some sort. or at least build a better staircase. he does seem reluctant to jump up there sometimes.

poor buddy I hate that he has to get old. pets should live forever (or at least until their owners die).

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is a geriatric cat in my household. We keep her comfortable with a heated pet bed and a joint supplement called EkonPet Joint Agility. Found it on Amazon. The stuff really seems to help her get around better. We noticed a pretty significant difference after about 3 weeks and there's no hassle with trying to feed her pills since it's a liquid. And we've made "steps" for her to climb onto the couch and bed since she can't jump like she used to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag