Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth 8/14/18 (Official Thread)

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

August 14th, 2018

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

Also, Vanilla servers.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...anilla-Servers)

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This thread will be for the expansion: Battle for Azeroth. Vanilla discussion can be found here: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...anilla-Servers)

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is the next expansion. New features include Kul' tiras continent, Zandalar continent, level cap 120, new dungeons and raids, plunder uncharted islands, dominate warfronts, and allied races.

I'm super pumped we're focusing back conflicting characters rather than crazy evil demons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Lovely cinematic. Best one yet, probably.

A lot of the gameplay / game design decisions sound extremely bad, or suspect.

It's yet another expansion revolving around the Horde versus Alliance, which Blizzard hasn't handled well since Vanilla. You'd think that would make them throw a bone to WPvPers, whom they've almost intentionally made the game unplayable for in Legion, but instead they're turning all servers into PvE servers, and having us level on separate continents with no interaction.

And they're still shackling us to the artifact treadmill grind, which has been almost universally reviled in Legion as a chore, and is extremely alt / off-spec unfriendly.

Very negative impressions for me so far on the PvP end. But hey, Legion had great small scale PvE in M+, so hopefully that at least continues.

I think they handled it very well in Cata and MoP.

It depends on what you mean though, are we talking about the horde vs alliance story or the pvp systems? Those are 2 different discussions.

And I think the artifact treadmill was a good idea, the game desperately needed a post level cap progression, they just sucked at balancing it. I think whats currently live in Legion is probably reasonable, it's something to do. I think having it on the neck makes it spec-friendly inherently, but alts? Idk, one thing I liked about legion was that it made you invest in a single character, which the game hasnt had since BC.

Ultimately the stuff im curious about is the isle hopping and the war thing. Isle hopping can be really cool or it can be like Diadem, we'll have to see. I wasn't very impressed with the scenarios in 7.2 so, we'll need more details.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I think they handled it very well in Cata and MoP.

It depends on what you mean though, are we talking about the horde vs alliance story or the pvp systems? Those are 2 different discussions.
    Story-wise: Cataclysm made no sense, and the elevation of Garrosh came from no where, and served to character assassinate Thrall. It was all very forced. And MoP was just an extension of that, really, with the Sha being their excuse.

PvP-wise: Cataclysm and MoP retained the original class designs and complexity, so I can't complain about them after experiencing WoD and Legion.

And I think the artifact treadmill was a good idea, the game desperately needed a post level cap progression, they just sucked at balancing it. I think whats currently live in Legion is probably reasonable, it's something to do.
    Huh? Gear has always been the progression of max level. The introduction of AP penalized anyone who didn't (1) log in every day, and (2) play exclusively one spec of one class.

I think having it on the neck makes it spec-friendly inherently, but alts? Idk, one thing I liked about legion was that it made you invest in a single character, which the game hasnt had since BC.
    If this were back in vanilla - WotLK, where classes had enormous depth and satisfaction, I'd agree about being forced to play one character. That was a good thing for communities back then.

Especially in the post-MoP world, though, classes are so simplified that it's mind numbing to play one thing. Alts became practically mandatory to maintain interest in the game in WoD, and Legion only simplified things further, while making alts almost impossible until 7.3.

Ultimately the stuff im curious about is the isle hopping and the war thing. Isle hopping can be really cool or it can be like Diadem, we'll have to see. I wasn't very impressed with the scenarios in 7.2 so, we'll need more details.
    Yeah, I mean, I'm not completely writing the expansion off yet. It could be amazing.

But I was optimistic for WoD, and I was optimistic for Legion, and both only succeeded in impressing me with how creatively Blizzard depleted my enjoyment in things I once loved.

One thing I'm looking forward to them expanding in BfA is the small scale PvE stuff. They did a good job with M+, so these 3-man scenarios could be... interesting. They weren't in MoP, but they could have learned.

Story-wise: Cataclysm made no sense, and the elevation of Garrosh came from no where, and served to character assassinate Thrall. It was all very forced. And MoP was just an extension of that, really, with the Sha being their excuse.
    I agree that Garrosh being elevated was probably very nosensical, but I did enjoy what he did with the story, he was an aggresive imperialist and thats what WoW needed at the time. If we can put a lampshade over his promotion, I think it was overall a good thing.

Huh? Gear has always been the progression of max level. The introduction of AP penalized anyone who didn't (1) log in every day, and (2) play exclusively one spec of one class.
    I should have stated, progression outside of gear. I think its a good thing that people always have something to progress on their character thats not necessarily gear but still empoweres your gear. Ideally it "shouldn't punish you, I think they see that now, there was just a tremdenous amount of growing pains they didnt fix until after Nighthold. As to your 2nd point, I'd imagine it being a neckpiece would solve that concern.

Ultimately I like the idea of AP, it gave me always something to do, but there's probably a lot they can do to make it more reasonable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Really disappointed by what I see so far. I was kind of looking for a reason to come back, but this isn't it.

Artifact power is back, more troll content (bleh) among a long list of things I'm not crazy about. I will say that I love that I can play a Nightfallen. I loved their story in Legion; it was probably the highlight of the expansion for me. Still think their leader should've been a Horde faction leader too.

If classes are fleshed out to not be so simple and more exciting i might still give it a try, but what we know so far just isn't enough to bring me back.

Titan forge is still in. So Legiondaries are gone, but the gear that interacts with your neck (head shoulders chest) can't titanforge. Also confirmed the neck progression works across all specs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

And so it begins!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ha-Build-25902

Anyone got one off those friends and family alpha invites?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Ugh, I wish. I really want to try out the new trolls. Too bad they cant be DK.. feels bad man

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pre-order is live, 4 new races playable in game if you preorder now, launch day is Sept 21st or sooner for BfA

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

BfA Alpha just went live. Who got in? Who can get me in? Where's my WoW Buddies.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wtb invite too! I can totally be your friend and family.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't help because I got the hook up. I can stream though. There's no NDA (They actually encourage streaming it)

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I just want to be in it to help figure out what I'm boosting to 110 and maining. Unhappy with prot war this xpac, probably switching to dk or druid or maybe even trying healing again since I haven't since tbc.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I just want to be in it to help figure out what I'm boosting to 110 and maining. Unhappy with prot war this xpac, probably switching to dk or druid or maybe even trying healing again since I haven't since tbc.
    I was thinking of boosting warrior because I'm growing tired of how slow my DK feels during raids. What didn't you like about prot? I'd like to have a decent tank off spec for 5 mans.

if DK had a good movement speed ability i would be so happy with it, just make it something that's pve only i dont give a fuck just cmonnnn

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I was thinking of boosting warrior because I'm growing tired of how slow my DK feels during raids. What didn't you like about prot? I'd like to have a decent tank off spec for 5 mans.
    While I absolutely love the mobility and speed I can get around, avoid bad shit at the last minute and can make huge mistakes because of heroic leap, it just feels so underpowered to tank on. I get absolutely wrecked, I'm made of paper. When tank swapping it's not that bad but any fight where I'm prolonged tanking solo, like dogs or coven, there's always a chance I could get one shot. If I don't press my buttons absolutely perfectly I'm dead. Ignore pain is stupid as shit, and the changes that are coming to prot are looking slightly worse and slight better at the same time, so it basically feels stagnant or untouched. Unless they really rework it it'll probably be time to move on for me which sucks since I've played it since wrath. Dpsing isn't that bad, but I do miss the old style arms and fury. Arms looks like it'll be more fun at least. Also prot sucks in high mythics+, almost every single one you're better off taking any other tank due to the lack of utility.

I'll probably end up playing druid, it's been in a good place for some time, always middle of the pack or better where warrior seemed to always be middle of the pack or worse. Druid also has 3 viable specs for high mythic+ and gives me a chance to heal again if I want. Only downside is I probably won't enjoy it as much in PvP, warrior PvP is the best. Just gotta choose between sticking with the name Shrubhub, or switch to Cerebrlpawsy, Beahcat, or Sticklecell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast