Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There's usually a Reddit page or a website that runs them. I think even Blizzard or mmochamp suggested and linked groups that do it in the last two weeks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Four ilevels short for Perky Pugs; maybe I'll get a Friendship Birb invite, but we'll see. As far as mount collections go, I'm way ahead of the curve as is, but I'd still like to get it done.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everytime I resub to this game I try a healer and 95% of a dungeon run will do almost 0 damage to anyone or the tank, and then the other times I literally cannot spam my heals fast enough to keep everyone up

The seemingly completely random damage output is really fugging with me, I am definitely not very good at this game and yesterday was my first day playing in long time but how are you supposed to predict when that happens

Also how much does healer dps matter? I didnt get a parser mod yet but do people expect healers to pump out decent numbers like in ffxiv?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Things are a mess right now, as we're basically in open beta phase for BFA, and gear will also vary widely due to new players coming on board.. My Havoc demon hunter was fairly OP before the patch, and now can barely handle two mobs at a time. Blizz is actively making changes, but who know's where things will land.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Everytime I resub to this game I try a healer and 95% of a dungeon run will do almost 0 damage to anyone or the tank, and then the other times I literally cannot spam my heals fast enough to keep everyone up

The seemingly completely random damage output is really fugging with me, I am definitely not very good at this game and yesterday was my first day playing in long time but how are you supposed to predict when that happens

Also how much does healer dps matter? I didnt get a parser mod yet but do people expect healers to pump out decent numbers like in ffxiv?
    only specs that really depend on heal dps are mistweaver monk (particular build only) and disc priest.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Things are a mess right now, as we're basically in open beta phase for BFA, and gear will also vary widely due to new players coming on board.. My Havoc demon hunter was fairly OP before the patch, and now can barely handle two mobs at a time. Blizz is actively making changes, but who know's where things will land.
    My DK got ganked by a disc priest, he killed me before I got him to 98% lol.

It's prepatch, everything will be fine. War mode is a blast so far, lot more people using it and groups roaming than I expected. I'm playing more now than I have in past months and there's even less to do.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They nerfed mob health by 15% on like everything below 100 or 90 or something. Great timing as I'm about to level an alt and they are looking into an even better fix.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I haven't been able to find info on this, but does it include mobs and bosses inside of Raids/Instances in those level ranges too?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    My DK got ganked by a disc priest, he killed me before I got him to 98% lol.

It's prepatch, everything will be fine. War mode is a blast so far, lot more people using it and groups roaming than I expected. I'm playing more now than I have in past months and there's even less to do.
    If you're talking about wpvp... did you play at all in legion? It was completely fucked the entire time.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    If you're talking about wpvp... did you play at all in legion? It was completely fucked the entire time.
    I played the entirety of legion and nothing was fucked at any time.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

yeah... dan, wtf are you talking about

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Tanks (esp druid) and rogues were completely busted. Did you play the same game I did?

EDIT: To elaborate more:

-it was the most gear/ilvl dependent wpvp the game has ever had by a long shot. I could have a dozen newish 110s flailing at me without a chance of them even breaking demon skin + prydaz, while they each melt in seconds to a single dot, and that was with casual world quest/argus/mythic+ gear, forget about cutting edge raiding shit. Gear always mattered, but it was never this retarded.

-player damage vs ehp was completely out of wack. dps in equal gear killed each other in a couple gcds.

-until they were nerfed at the tail end of the expansion, tanks were like mini-raid bosses that could solo many dps in similarly leveled gear. Tanks dealt slightly less damage, but had several more times more effective health, and an absurd amount of healing and absorption. Every world pvp quest area was just a blender of bears and other tanks spamming aoes.

Compare how (templated) pvp worked in a bg/arena compared to wpvp, it was a night and day difference.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    this is a similar experience to what i've had previously though, and I'm very low level- I had the same issue in the lv 20 ish snake dungeon last night. Most of the mobs and bosses do almost no damage and I can nuke fine, others I literally am spamming flash heal as fast as I can to barely keep the tank and everyone else alive. Im only a 25 holy priest atm (also have a 101 druid but I logged onto that yesterday and it said my relic weapon was dated and the class skill didnt work or something lol)

also I've noticed all the low level dungeons say like 20-60, 23-60, 24-60 does this mean the game has level sync dungeons now outside of timewalking? that was the main reason I couldnt ever get my gf to play

yeah dungeons have a much much bigger level range now. low level dungeons were always a wash, if you had a tank with heirlooms they would just one shot everything and take no damage, if you had a group of people with no heirlooms things can get kinda hairy since they A. have shittier gear obv and B. probably aren't as good at the game as people with access to heirlooms yet

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    yeah dungeons have a much much bigger level range now. low level dungeons were always a wash, if you had a tank with heirlooms they would just one shot everything and take no damage, if you had a group of people with no heirlooms things can get kinda hairy since they A. have shittier gear obv and B. probably aren't as good at the game as people with access to heirlooms yet
    ah yeah I keep forgetting about heirloom stuff gonna be a scrub forever

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wpvp was completely fucked in Legion. Classes I destroyed in RBG would completely wreck me instead. I did the towers almost daily on a PvE server, so I rarely did see anyone, but if I did, it was either a DH or stealth one-shotting things. Tanks were still stupid in PvP as were healers, and that will probably never change due to core class mechanics.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why do my 100+ artifact weapons all say they're legacy items and I cant use the artifact skill now? curse of the dreadblades is not usable

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Welcome to the 8.0 stat squish/class redesigns. Everyone lost their artifact abilities and traits. We'll also lose the Legiondary effects and tier set bonuses some time after launch as well.

At least we get azerite traits, amirite?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Welcome to the 8.0 stat squish/class redesigns. Everyone lost their artifact abilities and traits. We'll also lose the Legiondary effects and tier set bonuses some time after launch as well.

At least we get azerite traits, amirite?
    wait wat? what weapon am I supposed to use to level after 100 then? still artifacts just without the ability? should I keep using AP to buff them or is there something better

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah your artifact is basically a fancy looking stat stick now. You'll still be able to attach the relic things in the three slots as well, but all they will do is increase the item level of the weapon. No bonus traits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast