BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    wait wat? what weapon am I supposed to use to level after 100 then? still artifacts just without the ability? should I keep using AP to buff them or is there something better
    AP is gone, you can still add relics to increase the ilvl. Your weapon will last until at least 109-110 when you start doing the bfa quests.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Everytime I resub to this game I try a healer and 95% of a dungeon run will do almost 0 damage to anyone or the tank, and then the other times I literally cannot spam my heals fast enough to keep everyone up

The seemingly completely random damage output is really fugging with me, I am definitely not very good at this game and yesterday was my first day playing in long time but how are you supposed to predict when that happens

Also how much does healer dps matter? I didnt get a parser mod yet but do people expect healers to pump out decent numbers like in ffxiv?
    Also if no one answered you no healer dps does not matter it's just something fun to do since so often there's nothing to heal. Some things can be run without a healer at all and they can spec dps, but a healers job is to heal you'll probably never ever have to worry about dpsing.

And yes a lot of healing can be prediction based and due to knowing mechanics and the instances.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The world quests give you a 930ish iLevel weapon, so if you didn't get titan forged argus ones, then you're got a good weapon to start the expansion with, by doing the world quests. They can titanforge too, and one of my armor pieces is 245 now, which is pretty ridonk, as ~220 was gear equivalent ~ L114 or so, and legendaries clock in at 265.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd like to point out we now have a WoW discord channel where I will be posting questions and demanding answers

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I won a free Digital Deluxe code so I'll be joining up.

I haven't played in years, so it'll be interesting. Is there a group/guild from BG willing to take a noob?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Did anyone come back and play this?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yep

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I played a bit on Saturday. Only 111, though. Playing on Emerald Dream, Horde.

im playing rogue, at 118 now on winterhoof, alliance

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just opened up world quests today, and I would say it's well worth getting friendly, with your 3 faction reps, before 120 as shit gets rough once you ding and becomes much slower, though it was noticeable right after dinging 117. Having the WQ available right away should get you started into 280 - 290 gear, and some of my slots went up 40 ilevels.

As much as I don't like trolls, they actually did a pretty good job on the zone/music for the Horde, though the story, at least for the main city, doesn't make much sense, as there's a coup, but nothing really changes in the city. I also don't get why Island's can't be queued from the Random Dungeon Finder interface, but maybe that will eventually change. I'd also rather buy the rare rewards with the coin drops, as they seem practically useless, as aside from the weekly quest, there's not much reward for doing them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Am playing as much as I can, but also looking for a casual guild on whatever cluster Shattered Hand is in.

so im pretty new into 120 rogue and i'm enjoying the xpac but god damn i wish they added *something* from 110-120. one ability or at least a new passive, something. going from 100-120 without getting anything new has to be an awful leveling experience and the azerite traits really dont cut it, not yet anyways

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah, the game's systems/character potential feels pretty barren compared to Legion. I feel like Blizzard dialed things back in order to help make Mythic+ a real e-sport.... which really puts a damper on overall class design.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really need to stop buying into the hype with new expansions. Tried to resist, bought it and 60day card and already bored not even 2 weeks after haha

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't know what you all are doing wrong but the expansion is great all my friends and entire guild love it, quests zones stories are all great cinematics are great dungeons are great levelling was great warmode is great it's been a home run so far and we're still like 2 weeks from the actual game starting.

i didnt say i didnt enjoy the expansion

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I really need to stop buying into the hype with new expansions. Tried to resist, bought it and 60day card and already bored not even 2 weeks after haha
    Yeah, I've felt this way the past few expansions and this was the first one I've just skipped. PVP stuff has never interested me ever in any game and I'm just far too casual to care about raiding.

However, whenever they announce the final expansion, I will 100% be back for that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, tbh I was never much of a WoW player, I bought the game around Cataclysm I think because a friend said he's thinking about coming back and wants someone to play with, I got the game and he changed his mind about coming back, lol. So I played a little, quit, played a little when Draenor came out because they gave me free playtime and then bought Legion and played maybe a month or two? So I should know better by now that this game was never exactly my cup of tea.

That aside, I will say that the leveling experience in this expansion has been the best from all my previous experiences, because of a more fleshed out story, cinematics, and interesting locations. It's just that did die off fast after getting 120, especially since iLV scaling suddenly makes you weak as hell and questing feels a lot more like a chore and realizing I can't even continue war campaign until I grind reputation ugh... And yeah, not getting any new skills felt meh a little bit... When it comes to dungeons, WoW never really amazed me in that aspect, not exactly sure why, maybe because it's hard to enjoy the areas and take the atmosphere in when you're always in such a rush to clear them asap. I mean, this is no different from e.g. FFXIV, but yet dungeons there always seemed somewhat more memorable for me.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I also thought that leveling was the easiest fastest and best implemented yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast