Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Any suggestions for a hybrid style set for Dynamis Wave 3 to maintain accuracy/survivability? I was looking at Turms, but I'm unsure of what to sacrifice on the high accuracy set in order to add DT/MDef/MEva.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sulia View Post
    Any suggestions for a hybrid style set for Dynamis Wave 3 to maintain accuracy/survivability? I was looking at Turms, but I'm unsure of what to sacrifice on the high accuracy set in order to add DT/MDef/MEva.
    I'll look at adding some DT sets to the guide.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I'll look at adding some DT sets to the guide.
    Added 3 DT sets to the guide. Will add a hybrid dt acc+, mdt, magic evasion another time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hi spicyran,
    I am looking for a more complex thf lua with all the bells and whistles, Google search has brought up alot that are either old, are in simplest function form or just plain out not sufficient.
    I currently have 1 with over 1000 lines, heavily modified over time. but i think i may have broke some depencies lately, any plans to list an up to date, complex form lua to the page? or at least a link to find one?
    (simple ones are a dime a dozen)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    hi spicyran,
    I am looking for a more complex thf lua with all the bells and whistles, Google search has brought up alot that are either old, are in simplest function form or just plain out not sufficient.
    I currently have 1 with over 1000 lines, heavily modified over time. but i think i may have broke some depencies lately, any plans to list an up to date, complex form lua to the page? or at least a link to find one?
    (simple ones are a dime a dozen)
    It's one of those things I've wanted to do, but I know I'll never get around to.

Im unaware of how to make my TH rule work more dynamically without just using Motes include. I'm pretty happy with the TH rule I use in all my other LUAs already, but yeah.
    If i did have one it look just like my DRG with THF specific rules. There be no equipping the thf relic body because I'm behind a mob or anything. Possible things, but out of my purview.

Not sure what you mean by complex either. What is wrong with motes? How simple are the ones you are finding? What complexities are you even looking for? Have you seen my other LUAs?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello again Spicyryan,
    Thank you again for your response,
    I had never looked at your dragoon lua before today but after looking at it yes,
    That does in fact seems like a good base that could be modified for THF, I think most of my extra stuff is hooks and utility rules.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Hello again Spicyryan,
    Thank you again for your response,
    I had never looked at your dragoon lua before today but after looking at it yes,
    That does in fact seems like a good base that could be modified for THF, I think most of my extra stuff is hooks and utility rules.
    Np, if I ever finish mine, I'll post it in the guide and the GS shop thread.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What should I be aiming for regarding ranged attack while using Donar gun?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    What should I be aiming for regarding ranged attack while using Donar gun?
    In what scenario are you emphasizing utilizing a gun on THF? If you're looking to do ranged, I'd recommend more of the xbow route, Exalted Crossbow+1, while much lower damage than the gun/bullet combo, will have much higher RACC, so it'll be easier to land things with it. As well there's an ilvl acid bolt (called Gashing bolt) so you can reduce mob defense with it. Decimating is the ONLY ilvl bullet a THF can equip, and you have no chance of being competitive with it, so utilizing defense down would almost certainly add more to the group.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Hey, I worked hard to get that damn gun and I'm using it! Really tho, it's for solo stuff, not group. But it would be rare I'd use it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey, I worked hard to get that damn gun and I'm using it! Really tho, it's for solo stuff, not group. But it would be rare I'd use it.
    Sure you worked 'hard' for it, but that doesn't mean anything.
    Enjoy that you made a thing out of it, and move on to the next thing.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Meghanada+2 set is pretty easy to obtain and has a good amount of Racc/Ratk as a baseline. Outside of that I don't know how much I can help... Its been a while since I logged in so I can't even give you my ranged build and it wasnt even up to date lol.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Sure you worked 'hard' for it, but that doesn't mean anything.
    Enjoy that you made a thing out of it, and move on to the next thing.

Come on man, Let the guy try something different and fun. You don't have to beat him up for playing with something different when he's solo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    Come on man, Let the guy try something different and fun. You don't have to beat him up for playing with something different when he's solo.
    First time coming across Spicy?

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    First time coming across Spicy?
    No not really and I still give credit where it's due on his guide work. His writing skills are amazing even if he's got a mean streak in him. lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No not really and I still give credit where it's due on his guide work. His writing skills are amazing even if he's got a mean streak in him. lol
    I'd prefer none of the credit, actually. That way I'd not have to bare witness to the extent my authenticity sees itself elevated, just enough to bring it down.

So, does anyone have a more up to date THF spreadsheet? I would go back and patch up and create some sets if someone tossed one my way. I don't take their word as the answer, but just try to read the tea leaves through them. As such, I am lacking a modern set of tea leaves since the REAMD weapons came out with augments, quite awhile back.
    Otherwise, as you may have noticed, I stopped playing with the THF guide since I have other things to do, and lack something updated or a desire to get in and update it myself.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would love to see some random JA sets added. This guide has been a great go to for a lot of ideas I wasn't sure about.

Mug Sets, Steal Sets, etc that kinda thing. Hell even a Gil Finder set. I've no idea if anything other stats like INT, DEX, or AGI factor into certain JAs.

Also this might seem minor but I've had people ask me where to Obtain Thief's Tools from time to time. Some people forget that certain NPCs sell them.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would love to see some random JA sets added. This guide has been a great go to for a lot of ideas I wasn't sure about.

Mug Sets, Steal Sets, etc that kinda thing. Hell even a Gil Finder set. I've no idea if anything other stats like INT, DEX, or AGI factor into certain JAs.

Also this might seem minor but I've had people ask me where to Obtain Thief's Tools from time to time. Some people forget that certain NPCs sell them.
    Lol, no one would carry a gilfinder set.

The other sets are valid, and easy. They can be tossed in a misc set area along with TH being moved over.

As for for selling the tools, I mean, did they ever, I don't know, fucking wiki it..?

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You'd be amazed how extreme some people are but then again maybe not. Some people are lazy about searching sometimes I find and would rather have all the stuff on one page. I like digging thru it myself personally but different strokes for different folks.

When I originally reforged the AF bonnet, I was surprised that the Steal + was taken off the thing. Usually the devs try and keep some of the original bonuses to pieces intact.

Oh and back in the 75 days, I actually used to live in Middle Deklfutt's Tower farming Gigus mobs since they dropped a lot of gil when you were solo. Gilfinder from Relic Legs and the Fafnir bracelets helped out even if it was a little bit.

Edit: Just realized that since I sub /dnc most of the time a legit Waltz set would be rocking also. I can think of Dashing Subilgar, Passion Jacket and a few other things off the top of my head.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello again Spicy,
    I know you are probably pretty busy,
    but when u get a chance can you add in the recently added items to the sets?
    (ammos, and unity augmented belt are ones i can think of)
    no rush I just have this guide bookmarked and people refer back to this on the ffxiah forums too.
    again, huge fan of your guide. just asking to put it on your to do list if possible.