+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Elyon | AIR : Ascent Infinite Realm (New MMO from Bluehole)

Bluehole announced today they are making a new AAA MMO called AIR : Ascent Infinite Realm.

This mmo is being made by Hyung-Jun Kim (creator of Aion) and the old Aion team. They left NCsoft and moved to BHS. (No word if NCsoft will sue again...lol j/k)

AIR is a sort of like Aion . It will be a PVPVE, Realm vs Realm game, and Guild vs Guild. But it will be open world. The theme will be Steampunk, with Airships, mecha, guns. That go with Magic, dragons, flying wings, Fantasy.

The story is similar to Aion as well. Planet is destroyed and people survive now in floating cities in the skies. Players will enter AIR seeking to conquer the skies and whatever is left of the land for survival.

There will be different kinds of PVP

PVP via gound
    PVP via Air

This all happens in real time, and in the real world.

Open World Housing, Farming, and building

Just like in Archeage, Air will feature open world building.

World Wide Release

For those that don't know Kakao bought a percentage of BHS awhile ago. Because of this they will be the world wide publishers of AIR.

Korean Closed Beta 1 will start December 13th. Sign ups start November 13th ~ December 10th.

No word from Kakao on the western CB, but it should come after testing from Korea first.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Oh man, steam punk archeage? Please let a beta get announced for NA asap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release

Spoiler: show

Today, Kakao Games has announced that it will be publishing the new MMORPG Ascent: Infinite Realm, or A:IR, in Western territories. This upcoming MMORPG for PC is being developed by Bluehole, a leading South Korean studio known for the highly successful Tera and their recent blockbuster hit PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

A:IR was unveiled during today’s G-Star Bluehole media showcase in Busan, South Korea. The media briefing showcased A:IR’s open world―marrying a steampunk setting with high fantasy magical elements―as well as the Realm vs Realm (RvR) aerial combat feature that pits all kinds of fantastical ships against one another. A:IR will be playable at the Bluehole booth (A04) during the G-Star exhibition, held at the Busan Exhibition & Convention Center (BEXCO).

Kakao Games expects to prepare a first Beta test for Ascent: Infinite Realm in the first half of 2018. Initially, Kakao Games intends to localize the game in English, German, and French.

Minsung Kim, CEO of Kakao Games Europe, said: “All of us at Kakao Games are very proud to be able to work with the remarkable talent at Bluehole and bring their new AAA MMORPG to Western audiences. We are confident that we can localize their creative vision effectively and help make A:IR into a massive global success.”

About Ascent: Infinite Realm (A:IR)

Ascent: Infinite Realm takes place in a high fantasy steampunk world where machines and magic rule and everyone is dependent on flight to explore, travel, and conquer. In search of a new home, adventurers take to the skies using a wide selection of airships, vehicles, and flying mounts to traverse A:IR’s open, highly vertical world.

Realm vs Realm Combat

Vehicles and mounts in A:IR serve more than just the purpose of transportation; they will also provide adventurers with the ultimate battle experience: A:IR’s Realm vs Realm PvP mode. In RvR, factions fight for fame and glory, taking turns to lead offensive and defensive efforts using all kinds of fantastical flying vehicles. Players can also join the fight from the ground with mechs and the use of anti-air artillery to fight airborne threats―or initiate ground based aerial attacks depending on the map and strategy. Various strategic weapons such as cannons, mines and attack buffs are at each faction’s disposal to tip the balance in their favour. The combination of ground-based and aerial combat makes each fight strategically challenging and dynamic.

Keeping it Personalized

Most of A:IR’s content is highly customizable, allowing players to tailor detailed aspects of their play experience and unleash their creativity. An airship, for instance, can have its type, appearance, color, and performance modified. Players can even create their own quests, alter their hunting grounds, and change the difficulty when battling monsters in dungeons or hunting areas.

Key Features

• Explore a beautifully designed high fantasy steampunk world

• Discover a fusion of classic MMORPG elements with multi-dimensional gameplay encompassing both land and sky

• Choose from five fully customizable classes

• Conquer the skies with A:IR’s Realm vs Realm mode and experience massive aerial battles
    https://www.airthegame.com/teaser

Singing up for the newsletter increases your chance for getting into a beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you watch that trailer though? Looks and runs so crappy, lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I like some of the concepts and ideas shown, but I've zero interest in massive world pvp like Aion; games run like shit when that happens and just isn't fun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Kakao being the publisher makes this an instant no for me. I´ve witnessed enough of their bullshit shennanigans in BDO. No thanks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Kakao being the publisher makes this an instant no for me. I´ve witnessed enough of their bullshit shennanigans in BDO. No thanks.
    ^
    Can't wait for the minimal western support, $30-40 costumes, and p2w rng boxes

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

According to the Korean site the world of A:IR is called "하스". Translated in English would mean Harth I think.

According to the Lore :

"The home of all life that existed, and the place where humanity lived. However, Harth was destroyed by the desire of human beings—and those who survived the great catastrophe moved to the islands floating on Harth."

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

World Map

https://air.bluehole.net/static/worldmap.do

As you can see the world is split up with little islands and continents. Also as of this time the world is only 60% complete.

Areas

Nousgard

Varania

Inventus Ship

Ship Graveyard

Nebula Reefs

Arcanum

Yirusa's Nest (Instanced Dungeon)

Pirates Cove (Instanced Dungeon)

Goblin Cave (Instanced Dungeon)

Outskirts of Sunsetville (Instanced Dungeon)

Outskirts of Sunsetville Defense (Instanced Dungeon)

Dragon Valley (Realm Vs Realm)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Gameplay Videos

PVE Questing

PVP Realm vs Realm

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lore backstory on the different factions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Remember this game ??

Bluehole has signed a deal with a SE Asia publishing company (Playpark), and is showing off a sneak peak, and it's new combat.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

After TERA, fuck Bluehole.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Man, TERA seems like a lifetime ago... as long as this game doesn't get the TERA treatment I'd be willing to play.

Tried to get info WOW-BFA, canceled sub 2 months after starting. Never went back to FF14 after playing daily with an active sub for 2 years. Think the last time I had fun playing an MMO was BDO, until I exploded 2 Ogre rings D: nvr4get!!!

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I have zero faith in Bluehole, but I'm intrigued to see how this one pans out

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The SE Asian version is going into Closed Beta April 25th. Pre-registration for Invitation Codes will be handed out on March 20th. If your interested you can sign up here :

https://air.playpark.com/th-th/

Two new playable races. An animal race, and a ogre race.

No gender lock

Each class will be able to play two different fighting styles, through a system that changes your skills freely at all times. It's called Tactic Shift.

New Pet system

Two different housing systems. One is called the "Carebear Housing" or "My Housing" (Private-Instanced for and exclusive to every Player), and the other are the Housing Areas scattered throughout Harth (Open World Housing).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This game has been in Development hell for the past few years. So Bluehole is re-building the game.

- Bluehole is renaming AIR to a new name. It will be called Elyon.

- They are ditching the tab-target, and going full Action Combat. Same as Tera combat.

- Re-doing the ability system. Now there will be 1000's of skills to choose from to make your character unique.

- New continent called Elyon (Hence the new name). Where players can do full open world PVP and Realm vs Realm.

- The next closed beta for Korea will start Apr. 11th. After that Open beta will start for Korea. Still no word on a Western release for far.

- Talked about redoing the engine, but it sounds like they are still doing it in UE3.

Bluehole posted a new video, but it's in Korean.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

UE3 and I'M OUT... wasn't this a re-hash of the bless engine??

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    UE3 and I'M OUT... wasn't this a re-hash of the bless engine??
    Lots of Korean mmo's tend to use UE3. Some games are great with it (Lost Ark), but yea you get lots of crap (Bless). It's going to be a wait and see for many people.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some combat videos.

First video is that of the Assassin. You can use different skill sets. One Assassin is using a melee skill set, while the other is using a range skill set.

Second video is that of an Elementalist. One is using a Frost/Cold skill set, while the other is using the Flame/Fire skill set.

World Boss Fight

World PVP