Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Android/iOS) - Ingress-like Gameplay - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I think Niantic itself is planning to do a Harry Potter one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Yup!
    Niantic and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the development of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, an augmented reality (AR) mobile game inspired by J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World. Published by Niantic and co-developed by Niantic and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, under the Portkey Games label, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will use state-of-the-art augmented reality mobile technology to put magic in the hands of aspiring wizards and witches worldwide.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will reveal that magic is all around us, and allow players to be a part of Harry Potter's rich world, through Niantic’s AR + real-world mobile game platform and the franchise expertise of WB Games San Francisco’s development and publishing team. By exploring real-world neighborhoods and cities across the globe, players will go on adventures, learn and cast spells, discover mysterious artifacts, and encounter legendary beasts and iconic characters.

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s Portkey Games, a new games label dedicated to creating video game and mobile experiences inspired by J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World.

“At Niantic, our goal is to leverage technology to create real world experiences that help people to discover the wonderful, and often magical parts of the world around them,” said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. “The beloved Harry Potter stories have captured imaginations worldwide for more than 20 years and soon we’ll turn the fantasy into augmented reality, allowing fans and their friends to become wizards and witches.”

“With this game, we are allowing the passionate, worldwide fan base to experience J.K. Rowling’s deeply powerful and imaginative universe in a new, truly immersive way,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “It is wonderful to have Niantic’s remarkable augmented reality expertise as we develop this incredibly rich wizarding world for players to explore in their everyday lives.”

Additional details for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be announced in 2018.
    http://www.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Summer 2019, WB Hoping to take Advantage of 5G
    https://wizardsunitehub.info/specula...ummer-release/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is an upcoming augmented reality (AR) real-world mobile title inspired by the Wizarding World.

Following previous sightings of riderless Nimbus 2000s speeding through Australia and a discombobulated Niffler hoarding golden coins in an arcade, the video chronicles new classified incidents of chaotic magical activity that are appearing with greater frequency throughout the Muggle world.

In Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, each incident increasingly places the wizarding world at risk of exposure, and players must work to solve the mystery of this Calamity as new recruits of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force. Players will be able to explore their real-world neighbourhoods and cities to discover mysterious artefacts, cast spells, and encounter fantastic beasts and iconic characters along the way.

Co-published and co-developed by WB Games San Francisco and Niantic, Inc., Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is under the Portkey Games label. Portkey Games is dedicated to creating new Wizarding World mobile and videogame experiences that place the player at the centre of their own adventure, inspired by J.K. Rowling’s original stories.

Players can pre-register for the game on Google Play or the Galaxy Store for Android devices to be among the first players to experience the magic of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite when it launches later this year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Let's hook up - 8564 8604 9808

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I triggered a bug where upon entering a Portkey (chest) portal, scanning the area will cause you to walk out of the portal backwards. This has happened to me three times in a row. There also seems to be a lot of game freezes. The FAQ claims this is a problem with "low connectivity."

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Went for a walk with my gf and the dogs, and I turn around and shes half a block behind me cause shes casting spells and saving baby unicorns. Wtf is going on here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Isn't it essentially pokemon Go with a different skin?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Go with more effort

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And a lot less players.

This is making my wife happy. It's fun enough but also not super addicting at the same time, while also getting me to go "you know dear, I don't mind walking extra today since there's a cluster of inn's right over there." A win all around.

0902 4086 1453 - Zucker

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is it actually fun? I haven't looked at a second of gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is it actually fun? I haven't looked at a second of gameplay

It’s a lot like pogo in that it’s basically a collectathon but I’m enjoying it

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Finally.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

And it's live.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.harrypotterwizardsunite....dates_mar2020/

We will be making the following changes to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite which are effective starting now until further notice:
    • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal Traces more frequently
    • Tonic for Trace Detection will have Master Notes effectiveness increased from 15% to 50%
    • Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently, especially those needed for Tonic for Trace Detection
    • Traces will appear on the Map more frequently
    • Spell Energy will appear on the Map
    • A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring 4 Tonics for Trace Detection
    • The amount of Gifts that can be opened each day will be increased from 10 to 20