+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Star Wars: New Trilogy (Rian Johnson)

Rian Johnson, Writer- Director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, to create all-new Star Wars Trilogy

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
    Please be based around the Knights of the Old Republic! I assume that when she says "Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored," anything that isn't canon (yet) is fair game.

Edit: Look's like a new Star Wars live-action TV series also announced for Disney's new streaming service. Waiting for the official article before I make a thread (or if someone else wants to, be my guest)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My god they´re going to milk this fucking franchise for the next 45 years...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

they're literally printing money. as long as they're even halfway decent, i don't care. bring it.

You'd think that giving Rian Johnson an entire trilogy would be a good sign of how TLJ is going to be.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    they're literally printing money. as long as they're even halfway decent, i don't care. bring it.
    ^

Bring whatever new Star Wars has to come. To be honest I'm quite tired of the Skywalker saga and would love to see new stories spring up.

The Galaxy is a huge huge place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    ^

Bring whatever new Star Wars has to come. To be honest I'm quite tired of the Skywalker saga and would love to see new stories spring up.

The Galaxy is a huge huge place.
    Knights of the Old Republic! Familiar elements, lots of lightsabers, cool villains... it's coming

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    My god they´re going to milk this fucking franchise for the next 45 years...
    They already announced that they have at least 10 more years of SW content planned.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...pisode-X-(2021)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Star Wars live action TV series has been rumored for a fucking decade if not longer at this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

It has to be Old Republic era, right?

It has to be. Especially with the hints in the current trilogy of the Jedi/Sith fading away as orders.

Already explored pre- and post- OT. Need some classic Jedi / Sith, which we've really had very little glimpse of in the movies.

Spoiler: show
    It won't be.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Knights of the Old Republic! Familiar elements, lots of lightsabers, cool villains... it's coming
    I'm OK with this.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    You'd think that giving Rian Johnson an entire trilogy would be a good sign of how TLJ is going to be.
    Would rather they give him episode 9 instead of letting JJ do it again but whatever.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Rogue Squadron and/or Thrawn/Daala. Do it

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Filming to begin Summer 2018 in Scotland
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...shoot-11774216

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rian Johnson was interviewed previously and said that while he liked the Knights of the Old Republic games and their storytelling, the new trilogy won't be based off of it. I suspect it will take place long after the events of Episode IX with no connections to previous characters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

starwars.com has announced that the show runners for Game of Thrones, D.B Weiss and David Benioff, will be in charge of a new series of Star Wars movies, seperate from the Skywalker saga and the newly announced Rian Johnson trilogy.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Looks like they won't begin on it until after the final season of GoT.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are gonna end up pissing off everyone between this and the "what if the south won" show on HBO lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

this is truly the worst timeline

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://observer.com/2019/08/star-wa...ives-out-tiff/

Won't focus on legacy characters.

We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it and what’s fun about it for everyone in George Lucas’ films is figuring out, ‘what’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me and what that will look like moving forward.

BG Level

looks like DnD's series is over. please let it be true.

https://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-...db-weiss-over/