+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Do these shining not-force games have anything to do with the old tactical rpgs?

Far as I know, Shining Force I and II have been the only ones to ever have any sort of connectivity, and even that was pretty fleeting. Everything else has pretty much been standalone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shining Force III connected with Shining the Holy Ark.

I wound up doing some digging last night to sate some curiosity on the topic.

Apparently there 2 other games that would have fit between SF1 and 2 that would have better linked them while introducing the possibility of things like Kane's son being the hero of SF2 and events translating to the renaming of the Chaos Breaker to Force Saber. The 2nd game of those we didn't get also did more to flesh out the demon world and even had characters like a younger Oddeye. The even older game, Shining in the Darkness, which was a first-person dungeon crawler, apparently ties into the lore with the Dark Sol depicted there as the suspected son of the one in SF1 and Mishaela (the witch first encountered as a fortune teller, and then in the circus). Another Shining game would spin off with characters Kazan and Sarah, seen in SF2, but after that I'd say there's too much that's easy to miss since I never owned a Saturn or played SF3.

Things like the PS2 titles there were more like Diablo clones never gave off any air of connectivity from the earlier entries aside from races you'd see across the cast (humans, centaur, wolfmen, etc.). After a couple titles of that, I pretty much gave up on there really being a true sequel. So, while my earlier post isn't right, I don't want to say it's 100% wrong, either. Time and too many console generations just fucked the series.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Shining Force: Sword of Hajya happens concurrently with the original Shining Force as I recall, so it is connected with that title and Shining Force II.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

During a live broadcast hosted today, Sega provided some interesting information on the upcoming Shining Resonance remaster Shining Resonance Refrain, that has been recently announced for the west.

First of all, we learned that the game won’t be censored, no cuts have been made for the western version, and nothing has been omitted from the original. This is certainly reassuring considering that there are plenty of bikinis and revealing outfits, and Tony Taka’s style is pretty suggestive.

We also heard that a demo is likely to be coming, even if Sega’s team is still checking with the production team to make sure about the timing of the release. On top of that, we heard that all the release dates that have been floating on retailers’ websites are placeholders. For now “summer” is the only window we should take seriously.

Speaking about the release, we also heard that Sega is targeting a simultaneous release on consoles and Steam.

Sega is also working on optimization at the moment. The game will run at 1080p resolution on Nintendo Switch in docked mode, but the frame rate is still to be determined.

We got the confirmation that the same cutscenes that have voice acting in Japanese will do in English. Those that don’t have in Japanese, won’t in English as well. All songs will be kept in Japanese and won’t have an English equivalent

https://www.dualshockers.com/shining...nsorship-demo/

BG Level

Shining Resonance: Re:frain (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW) - 2018

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PSVR Demo

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

July 2018
    The island of Alfheim is under siege by the Empire of Lombardia, and it's up to Yuma Ilvern, the boy with the soul of the Shining Dragon, and his new companions, to fight back! Get ready to jump into battle when Shining Resonance Refrain launches on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam for PC on July 10!

For a quick introduction to each of the playable heroes in Shining Resonance Refrain, be sure to watch the new Heroes Trailer above. Even more info about Shining Resonance Refrain's world can be found at the updated official website shiningresonance.com.

First off, we're introduced to Kirika Towa Alma, the Diva of Nature. She uses her bow to deal damage from a distance while supporting allies with healing magic.

Next, we meet Sonia Blanche, the Lightning Princess. Fierce, yet elegant, she darts across the battlefield with her sword and shield, dealing damage to single targets in quick bursts.

Following Sonia, Agnum Bulletheart, the Pyromaestro makes his appearance. Always aiming to be the center of attention, Agnum deals massive damage to large groups of enemies with explosive fire magic.

Cooling things down after Agnum's appearance, we have Lestin Sera Alma, the Glacier Sentinel. He uses ice magic to slow down enemies before cleaving through them with his trusty halberd.

Rinna, the Whirlwind Sylph brings some cheer to the party with her lighthearted attitude. She deals heavy damage from the back lines with powerful magic abilities.

Finally, we meet Yuma himself. Armed with the power of the Shining Dragon, he fights with dragon-like ferocity to protect his friends.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Saw this heading to Switch.

I played the old Shining titles, but not anything since GBA remakes. It looks like this is a Y's and Tales of... lovechild with a little Japan flair.

Only real concern is that Octopath comes out like 2 days later.

BG Level

Is the Draconic Launch edition the only other edition besides standard?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

BTw demo is also up for NA, and game is almost 10$ cheaper on Eshop

BG Level

well gameplat wasnt what i expected i guess

I<ll buy it but not day 1 finally

BG Level

So anyone got the game? I’m wondering to get it or not.

With octopath and captain toad on Friday

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Playing Octopath over this. Will probably pick it up mid summer in the bargain bin and play it then.

Seems perfect for a mid summer $20 grab - not huge big budget, but not an indie title.

BG Level

Summer is already kinda packed with octopath
    Toad
    Monster hunter

BG Level

My copy should have arrived today, I'll play it later.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle