Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Usually people just post in the current seasonal anime thread in the sticky (Summer 2020 right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Just binged that Reincarnated as a Slime one, I was liking the premise, not 100% fan of where they're at, at the end of season 1.
    The end of the first season was definitely rushed. And badly too given that the fight they're setting up was in the OP (or the ED, I forget) from the get go and we didn't even get to it. Basically up until Rimuru goes to become a teacher is good and then after that it's just sped along and packed in.

There is another season announced and shit is about to get real good real quick. The Manga is quite a bit ahead (and the light novels are WAAAAAAY ahead), and if you like the series, really recommend checking both out. Especially the light novels if you want something to read. Manga has a ton more detail then the anime, and the LN has more then that.

Also the manga has like 7 off-shoots, so I'll link the 2 worth reading:

Main story: https://mangadex.org/title/15553/ten...-ken/chapters/ (the anime ends right around chapter 54, but I'd recommend just starting from the beginning)
    Side story: https://mangadex.org/title/31183/ten...ime-datta-ken/ (this one is a wonderful light hearted side-story manga that is actually going to be animated too next year)
    Another side story: https://mangadex.org/title/19617/ten...i-no-arukikata (this one is also very enjoyable but it's waaaaay ahead of where the anime is and is SUPER SUPER spoilery. So read it if you want lol)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Usually people just post in the current seasonal anime thread in the sticky (Summer 2020 right now)

The end of the first season was definitely rushed. And badly too given that the fight they're setting up was in the OP (or the ED, I forget) from the get go and we didn't even get to it. Basically up until Rimuru goes to become a teacher is good and then after that it's just sped along and packed in.

There is another season announced and shit is about to get real good real quick. The Manga is quite a bit ahead (and the light novels are WAAAAAAY ahead), and if you like the series, really recommend checking both out. Especially the light novels if you want something to read. Manga has a ton more detail then the anime, and the LN has more then that.

Also the manga has like 7 off-shoots, so I'll link the 2 worth reading:

Main story: https://mangadex.org/title/15553/ten...-ken/chapters/ (the anime ends right around chapter 54, but I'd recommend just starting from the beginning)
    Side story: https://mangadex.org/title/31183/ten...ime-datta-ken/ (this one is a wonderful light hearted side-story manga that is actually going to be animated too next year)
    Another side story: https://mangadex.org/title/19617/ten...i-no-arukikata (this one is also very enjoyable but it's waaaaay ahead of where the anime is and is SUPER SUPER spoilery. So read it if you want lol)
    the original web novel is completely translated also, based on the LN's it seems to be pretty much following the same overall story so it's a pretty good read also.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It starts to deviate at a certain point and certain characters and plot points are re-worked, with a few new characters being introduced as well, but yeah, it's also a fun and available read

If you're curious about how the stories deviate from one another, there's a nice summary here. Of course, it's spoilery as fuck just a heads up

https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime...novel_and_web/

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I’ll check those out. I’m very invested in magical girl site atm. Also a friend is heavily pushing one called Fire force on me. Is that any good? I trust your opinions.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've never read or watched it. But I assume it's more standard shounen stuff but with firefighters and fire demons and etc??? Someone else will have to chime in on that one

Kinda felt it overhyped based on what I saw of Fire Force on Toonami, but yeah, I'd pretty much call it standard shounen.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Lol. That’s funny. My friend said if I watched it, I would love it even after I told him I’m tired of the typical anime.(paint by numbers story, moe, loli, tsundere, harem, etc) But he did say he would watch higurashi if I did. Damn it, I’m torn.

First is Magical Girl Site which is super fucked up yet interesting
    As is tradition. I read the manga a while back, and yeah it's about as fucked up as you'd expect being a Mahou Shoujo title.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fire Force is very much your standard shounen.

Been watching Gleipnir and it’s been super interesting. Read wherever the manga was up to a long ass time ago so everything is fresh in my mind.

Ao No Flag:
    Spoiler: show
    Up until the final 2 chapters I'd give this manga a 9.5/10. Ending absolutely ruined it for me though. Probably dropped it to about 4/10 at best. It was just so rushed and bad... It's a goddamn shame because this was such a feel-good manga up to that point. It had to have been axed, there's just no other excuse for basically "yadda yadda yadda-ing" so many MAJOR fucking plot developments. On the one hand I wish I hadn't binged it, because all the good parts are still so fresh in my mind, but on the other hand I'm glad I didn't have to wait 2 months just to end up with those last 2 chapters... I'm actually mad at how badly this was fumbled. Jesus Christ.

Now I need to go read more Komi.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Can I ask, whats the current deal with anime titles being stupid long? Like, so many now are just insanely long names and I don't get the joke. Bofuri is one, Slime is another, and theres more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Edit: Jesus christ, I just finished Magical Girl site. Her fucking brother got raped. I was not expecting that. What the holy fucking hell lol

Here's how this went down

I was speaking aloud cause of the shock

"Is he about to get raped? No, he can't. Oh my god, he's about to get fucking raped"
    my wife "Why do you keep screaming the word "Rape"?"
    "Because this guy is about to get raped, what the fuck, he's getting raped"

Can I ask, whats the current deal with anime titles being stupid long? Like, so many now are just insanely long names and I don't get the joke. Bofuri is one, Slime is another, and theres more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Edit: Jesus christ, I just finished Magical Girl site. Her fucking brother got raped. I was not expecting that. What the holy fucking hell lol

Here's how this went down

I was speaking aloud cause of the shock

"Is he about to get raped? No, he can't. Oh my god, he's about to get fucking raped"
    my wife "Why do you keep screaming the word "Rape"?"
    "Because this guy is about to get raped, what the fuck, he's getting raped"
    Telling ya, Mahou Shoujo as a series is just fucked

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anime with long names are based off the LN that has a long name and those have long names to try to inform potential readers exactly what their LN is about since the LN market is getting oversaturated with similar stories.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

milf isekai springs to mind lol:

Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka? (Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Gokushufudou getting a live action version, leads cast.
    https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/stat...54023608811520

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Gokushufudou getting a live action version, leads cast.
    https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/stat...54023608811520
    HOLY SHIT YES

Though the stories are so short ... they can probably cover 12 chapters for a 45-60 minute episode

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm assuming all y'all have seen the commercial they did last year. But if not, here you go

Probably not exactly what the show will be like, but a pretty close preview

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tatsuya Matsuki, writer of Act-Age has been arrested by police for an “indecent act against a woman”.

It has now further been confirmed the victim was in Junior High (12-15 years of age). The incident occurred on June 18th, around 8pm. Matsuki touched and harassed a Junior High girl. Approximately 1 hour later he similarly harassed another girl.

After the police received a report about the first incident, he fled by bicycle. The Metropolitan Police Department analyzed security camera footage and came to the conclusion that both cases were connected. Matsuki, admitted to the charges himself.

Weekly Shonen Jump's Official Statement on act-age.

"There has been a report about Tatsuya Matsuki, author of act-age, serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, that the editorial department will take seriously. After confirming the events, we will deal with the matter appropriately."

A shame I really enjoyed the manga. So much for the Stage play and rumored Anime.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

A new record! (Hunter x Hunter hiatus)

https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/

I have almost no faith this is ever going to finish.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I feel the same about Hajime no Ippo, you'd think by now based on anime tropes he'd at least have won a measly world championship by now and moved on the fight like, interdimensional or space boxers by now? perhaps moved up a weight class to fight Gundams or something?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag