+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

quick help, i accidentally got a friend into manga... so now she's saying she wants to read "comics" (using simple terms with her to keep it easy)

She is only armed with an iPad so my knowledge here is 0. if it was an android tablet i'd have no problem as i can directly load it for her from my depository.

Can someone recommend me an app that is:

1. free with minimum spam/nonsense

2. basically drags/loads manga from popular manga reading sites
    3. has a nice selection

i'll probably initially gateway her into josei manga as a touch base. I'm currently reading "Hapimari" and i think she will also like the idea of it as an arranged marriage might happen to her in the future. i too am enjoying the manga personally so it'll be something to talk about.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If it doesn't have to be an app just hit up mangadex.org on a browser. You can make an account and add manga to a follow page (that shows the latest scanlated chapter) and it even has a neat icon that tells you which chapter you have read.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

^^^

I would recommend that too. Can sort by genre and see what's been the most popular and etc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yo wtf is up with the hajime no ippo manga. Instead of ending it like he should of dude keeps toying with the readers. Plus Kumi is a greedy bitch

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can empathize with Kumi but I'm reading Ippo for other reasons and the you can tell the mangaka is just dangling those other reasons over and over. All the other characters not Kumi basically saying what we want.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    quick help, i accidentally got a friend into manga... so now she's saying she wants to read "comics" (using simple terms with her to keep it easy)

She is only armed with an iPad so my knowledge here is 0. if it was an android tablet i'd have no problem as i can directly load it for her from my depository.

3. has a nice selection

i'll probably initially gateway her into josei manga as a touch base. I'm currently reading "Hapimari" and i think she will also like the idea of it as an arranged marriage might happen to her in the future. i too am enjoying the manga personally so it'll be something to talk about.
    I've been using the MangaRock app. It's replaced all my browser reading.
    You don't need to sign up to use it, but you do if you want unrestricted 18+ comics. I hate that sort of limitation so I created an account. I started using it for the favorites alone and just branched from there. No complaints so far.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seconding MangaRock. It's amazing with a huge number of sources. Allows downloads for offline viewing. Ads are present but aren't intrusive. Support team has always gotten back to me within 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think you can actually disable ads for an in app purchase too. I haven't done that, but I may do it at some point. It's a good app so I don't mind throwing some money at them.

Oh I forgot to mention that it does have multiple sources to choose from aside from MangaRock itself. I have it pointed to another site I use and I have 100 manga in my favorites and I keep adding more.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

3. has a nice selection

The library.

No seriously, see if your local library has an online platform attached that ereader users can download stuff from for free with their library card.
    If you can't find it, just search up some popular manga in the catalog and see if there are ebook versions available.
    Libraries understand that ebook is the way of the future and most are either ordering both physical and ebook versions of things, or for some titles, just ebook.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I prefer the Manga Bird app. It’s less in your face with ads and the reader itself is more intuitive imo.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The library.

No seriously, see if your local library has an online platform attached that ereader users can download stuff from for free with their library card.
    If you can't find it, just search up some popular manga in the catalog and see if there are ebook versions available.
    Libraries understand that ebook is the way of the future and most are either ordering both physical and ebook versions of things, or for some titles, just ebook.
    No library near where she lives (and our office) as far as I know, but no worries for now. As I anticipated, her attention span won't let her go past 5 pages lol.

However, the replies are good here, as now I'm armed with the knowledge. Thanks people! :D

So.... a manga basically about putin... in another world...

http://www.mangahere.cc/manga/the_ride_on_king/c001/

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In Backstreet Girls, I never expected a Slam Dunk parody lol, snorted out loud in laughter while lunching in a rather quiet space at work:

from Slam Dunk:

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How the hell did I miss Origin? I was sure I had gone looking for similar works to Sun Ken Rock last year.
    Oh well, all caught up. Pretty great.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    How the hell did I miss Origin? I was sure I had gone looking for similar works to Sun Ken Rock last year.
    Oh well, all caught up. Pretty great.
    Boichi is a living legend and continues to refine his iconic style across a fuck ton of manga. He also does Dr. Stone which is more light hearted than SKR and Wallman but is just as lit

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I've been reading Dr Stone, but I missed Origin completely. I'll have to check out Wallman as I hadn't heard of it before.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Origin also throws a few nods to SKR lol. It’s a really good manga.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Yeah, I've been reading Dr Stone, but I missed Origin completely. I'll have to check out Wallman as I hadn't heard of it before.
    You're in for a great ride with Wallman.

New SH

http://www.mangahere.cc/manga/tate_n...ri/c052/1.html

Honestly, I'm kind of lost over the past few chapters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag