Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dynamis Farming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by sepirothni View Post
    Does anyone have some tips for getting 100 piece drops reasonably consistently (i.e. > 1/hr)? I tried Dynamis Valkrum as dnc with no sub and only got one white proc and in normal zones I don't seem to get hardly any 100 pieces to drop at all
    How does one make a 1% occurrence happen more than regularly?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pull as many mobs at once as you can, drag to wall, once you pap them once so trusts start attacking, face away and spam jas, then on proc turn back around and kill.

You should then auto-target to the next mob and rinse and repeat.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

White procs don't work in old zones.

In my experience, it's better to just go THF w/ high TH and farm NMs in old zones than try to farm singles from trash.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Could also just let the Asuran Dynamis bots/Ambuscade spammers get the currency.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I used to like solo Dynamis farming but nowadays it's painful to do. I can easily farm gil elsewhere and just buy up the currency I need. Ambuscade also helps this a ton as well. Hell I finally made an Apoc in just a few days of farming gil without setting a single foot into dynamis other then the attestation and fragment.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It pretty much goes without saying, and has for quiet some time. The best way to farm dynamis currency is trough other content. 15 minutes in delve; depending on server gets you 2~3 100 pieces 100% of the time.

Campaign
    BG Level

Premise: I agree it's not worth to Farm Dynamis *UNLESS* you're not doing it just for the inherent farming itself, but also because you enjoy it. If you enjoy it it's all good I guess.
    Now some random tips from me. The other day I topped a bit more than 900 currency, and that was with me taking frequent breaks, not playing super seriously and 18 people in zone (which TRUST ME is a lot) and not having done Dynamis farming in years, literally.

Where
    Go DNC in a Dreamland Dynamis zone (Valkurm, Qufim, Buburimu etc) and lock your subjob. This will grant you a chance to get White proc. Those are very rare, some runs you'll see just 1 in 2 hours, some other run you'll see 4+, it kinda evens out at around 2+ procs average per run I'd say, maybe a bit more. Depends on how fast you are. The more stuff you proc/kill the more chances overall to see a white proc over 2 hours.
    Tavnazia works too of course. I used to love it back in the days but if you ask me I feel nowadays Valkurm is the best. As said multiple times though, it depends on how many people are already in the zone. A "worse" zone with less people will likely net you more coins at the end of a full run.

Treasure Hunter
    Something you're gonna need on DNC is TH gear. There's a Dark Matter augment campaign coming up. Try to augment pieces until you get enough pieces for TH4 (which is cap as non THF main) and then put those sets in your Steps set on Gearswap.
    Other common sources of TH can be Cetl Belt and Taming Sari (perfect).
    Once you have TH4 you're set and you'll notice a big increase in the amount of currency you get each run.

Easy vs Tough targets
    Each of the dreamland zone is split in two. Same category of monsters but one side will have the EP ones, the other one will have what used to be slightly tougher version but are nowadays still very easy.
    In terms of Currency drops, there is absolutely (almost!) zero difference between these two. They do not have additional slots to drop currency. Once a monster is procced, you're gonna get 1 guaranteed Coin to drop after you kill it, with more additional coins that can possibly drop, up to a total of 3 (4?) coins.
    The Tougher mobs fall under the same rules, so in theory you won't see more coins at the end of a run if you farm the "tough" ones over the easy ones. You will see more frequently forgotten items though, but those are pretty much worthless these days.
    My point is: if you're in a zone with competition, you will probably end up with more coins at the end of the run by fighting the easy ones alone, over fighting the "tough" ones but competing with other people, creating downtimes because you will have to wait for monsters to repop.
    Please take this into consideration.

Time Extensions
    Another important thing to consider are the time extensions. Even if you decide you don't want to spend the full 2 hours inside of Dynamis, you still need to get the 5 Time Extensions at start.
    With less than the full number of time extensions you will see a reduced chance of proc whenever you use a JA on the monster.

Trusts
    I see people suggesting DNC trusts. I guess that works, personally I'm not much a fan of the idea because sometimes they just kill the target too fast, especially when they decide to WS (i.e. whenever they have TP), but hey, if you like this route who am I to stop you.
    Personally I just use passive trusts like Sakura (regen), Brygid (Defense / MDB) , Star Sibyl (if you wanna use AoE magic stuff to kill procced stuff all together) and a white mage and/or red mage. Not much for the heals, but more to keep Shell and Protect up for the whole run.

Proccing
    To proc, as you know, you need to use JA. On DNC I follow this rotation of procs, more or less.
    Step (any) > Violent Flourish > Step > Wild Flourish > Step
    Keep using Step until Violent Flourish is ready again.
    Normally you won't have to wait that much, you will tipically proc a monster within the first 4 JA actions you perform on the target.
    Also, I tipically turn around while proccing.

Gear
    We already talked about how much of a difference TH gear is. Don't have to keep it up 100% of the time if you don't want it. Personally I use it during steps. It's enough to apply TH on the target.
    In the rest of the gear you can apply various DT stuff if you feel the need for it, but Regain and Regen stuff is what I find to be more useful.
    ilevel gear of course, with the massive stats bonus is one of the main aspects that contribute into making monsters in dynamis so trivial.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

god that annoys me, DO NOT WASTE TIME PROCING EVERY MOB, go thf/dnc, TRY to proc every mob, but kill if it doesnt proc, you will kill more and get more drops. turning around and forcing every mob to proc wastes time

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

but muh 3 currency.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i love going into valkurm and seeing someone with back to a mob trying with all their might to proc for 5 mins, while ive gone and cleared every other mob in the group

hope extra 2 currency were worth it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In Qufim, I used to proc every single mob (turning around to do so) and still run out of mobs at the camp 99% of the time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a KI like Abyssite of Discernment that's needed to see proc information? I went into Dyna Sandy for a short time and didn't see a single cue for procs.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robbinthehood View Post
    Is there a KI like Abyssite of Discernment that's needed to see proc information? I went into Dyna Sandy for a short time and didn't see a single cue for procs.
    Because you never will be told what the procs are.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...is_Proc_System

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, so as I'm reading it, in order to have a chance for procs you need at least 3 time extensions. Having 5 is prefered for the most amount of potential drops.

The type of ability/spell/weapon skill is dependant on the type of mob you are fighting, but there are no specific actions needed for each type(like Abyssea). Dreamworld is slightly different with the time of day and it's procs.

Is the respawn time of the TE mobs pretty quick? I ask because when I went in there were several people killing them outside of my party. I didn't get a chance to kill the mobs myself.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robbinthehood View Post
    Ok, so as I'm reading it, in order to have a chance for procs you need at least 3 time extensions. Having 5 is prefered for the most amount of potential drops.

The type of ability/spell/weapon skill is dependant on the type of mob you are fighting, but there are no specific actions needed for each type(like Abyssea). Dreamworld is slightly different with the time of day and it's procs.

Is the respawn time of the TE mobs pretty quick? I ask because when I went in there were several people killing them outside of my party. I didn't get a chance to kill the mobs myself.
    Yes